True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  07:03:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,

I am in the process of starting a seed bank. Its a project my chapter has had in the works for awhile, but now that most of the planting season is complete I'm asking for help.

We want to start a Seed Bank (heirloom seeds mostly). They will be packaged up with planting, growing information on the packet. The seeds will then be for sale for $1 per packet with 20 cents of the proceeds to be donated to a local food bank. I will put everyone's home town in a hat and draw a local food bank out to donate to to be fair, or if we are having a city in our nation that needs the extra help, we will donate it there. Example: if the seed bank was up and running during Katrina we would've donated food, money there.

So all I'm asking for is your extra seed. Whatever you want to share, or part with. Please send it to me and I will take care of the rest. I will take flower seed too. Just because I think nothing lifts the spirits more than a little color in the yard. Maybe I can include a free flower seed with the veggie seed orders.

Please email me for my address. Please don't go out of your way, just keep this is the back of your mind. Thank you.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Calling all leftover seed! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page