Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 laundry soap recipe for soapmakers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic laundry soap recipe for soapmakers Next Topic  

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  10:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Here is another laundry soap recipe that I make from my home-made soaps,just a basic castille cold process soap,you can make it with any essential oil you like,I use lavender or patchouli/rose to scent mine and I pour it into used vinegar bottles,this recipe will make about 40 ounces liquid laundry soap and requires a double boiler.
You will need 10 ounces basic soap,grated,40 ounces water and twenty drops essential oil.
In the top of a double boiler,combine the water and grated soap,gently heat until the soap has melted and the liquid is clear and runny,add essential oil,blend well and pour into prepared containers.

You can also wash your laundry grandma's way by just grating up your soap,a cup at a time,adding 2 cups water and two tablespoons borax or laundry bluing (take care with the bluing) for each load of laundry,this is a simple way to use up the odds and ends and broken pieces of soap you might have left around from your batches.

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  8:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kathryn. When I get time, I'll give this a try.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  5:03:25 PM  Show Profile
How do you make your soap? My daughter wants to make our own soaps but I can't handle the smell of the lye.

Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards and jewelry, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
jeanpatch.wordpress.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  7:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn...I have been making soap for close to four years now and have never made my own laundry soap before....I have a lot of "odds and ends" soap that just didn't sell or a scent that I only made one batch of...my question is. Does it really clean your clothes?? I am thinking I should try this as anyone who has kids knows how much laundry one goes through during the course of a week and how expensive it can get. Do I have to do an extra rinse?

Thanks!!!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic laundry soap recipe for soapmakers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page