Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Maybe a Silly Request?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Maybe a Silly Request? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  10:11:13 AM  Show Profile
I never said that natural things won't help but I just think that I would rather have something that has helped me. Anxiety is a disease in that some people handle stress this way and some people do not. it is the way our body is wired. some people never get it even though they are very stressed. and it is hereditary ,it runs in certain families and not others. so do other diseases. Lavonna, have you ever had anxiety problems yourself? It is terrifing and you feel all alone and you feel weak if you go to the drs and ask for help cause "I should be able to handle this on my own" goes through your head. You are always on high alert for something to happen so your body is always tense. There is nothing wrong with going to the dr and getting meds that help. not for just a little while but basically for the rest of your life because it comes to a point where you have to accept that you have this problem and just deal with it and then you can go on with your life. Asking a Dr for help is not a bad thing. somethings need the dr. something you can go with the natural stuff but sometimes you need the help of others and God puts us here to help one another. He also puts drs here to help too. A therapy group of other people helps a lot too because they have been in your shoes and no what you are going through. It is a hard process to go through but there is light at the end of the tunnel and you do come out on the other side and feel much better. and if drugs can help then use them for what they are intended for and get your life back. I had small children when I started having problems and I wish there had been the meds they have now for anxiety. It was hard and all I want to do is give jessie all the help I can. I also believe praying is very helpful, God is there for you too. I just figure use all the available help out there to get passed this time. People who have been there is a good tool. Laying off sugar and caffiene does help as well. going to the drs is another tool. talking to people is a good tool. you need them all. no one thing gets you through this time.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Maybe a Silly Request? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page