Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Please say a prayer for my son...Picture added
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please say a prayer for my son...Picture added Next Topic
Page: of 3

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  9:22:40 PM  Show Profile
my son Cody, called this evening to let us know he had been rock climbing today when a boulder, the size of a washing machine, broke loose and hit him, breaking his leg in three places. He is in the hospital, has no insurance and could sure use some prayer and positive thoughts sent his way. Thank God he is alright - it could have been much much worse, but, not the Mother's Day call I was hoping for!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on May 27 2009 12:31:31 PM

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  9:42:03 PM  Show Profile
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Did he have to have surgery to set the leg? My partner had his leg broken very severely in a car accident a few years back so I know what Cody is going through. I hope for him an easy and quick healing.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  9:45:13 PM  Show Profile
They are waiting overnight to monitor the swelling before they decide on surgery. I'm praying it's not necessary, and praying for him to not be in too much pain.

Farmgirl Sister #98
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  9:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, do you know which bones were broken in your partner's leg?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  05:27:52 AM  Show Profile
PRAYING!!!!!!

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  06:24:32 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers of thanks that is wasn't worse, and for quick healing. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  06:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sherri! I am so sorry that Cody had this accident, but I am SO glad it was only his leg! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  06:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh no! Definitely not the mother's day you were thinking of, I bet. Gosh. Sure hope surgery isn't necessary and he's back up and around in no time. Thank goodness it's mendable!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  07:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Oh my,((hugs)) to you and a prayer for your son's speedy recovery. Blessings, Pam

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  07:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, I am so sorry to hear this. As a mother of a former rock climber I can relate. Positive thoughts are going Cody's way. Hoping that no surgery is needed and he has a quick recovery period. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  09:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all for your prayers and good wishes. We should hear this afternoon regarding surgery. I just kept saying to myself after I heard this news that all the problems (broken bones, financial issues, not being able to go to work etc.) are fixable - while what could have happened if he'd been just a little more to the right or left, couldn't. So I am eternally grateful for the outcome of this accident. Also grateful that his girlfriend, who was billeting him at the time, wasn't hit by the boulder. For those of you who don't know what billeting is, she was holding the rope at the bottom of the cliff that passes through a series of rings and straps that she releases a little bit at a time, as he climbs higher.

Farmgirl Sister #98

Edited by - mikesgirl on May 11 2009 09:38:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  09:37:41 AM  Show Profile
Good vibes going his and your way. You are right --that is NOT the Mother's Day call you were expecting. Take care. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  09:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Wow Sherri, what a mother's day call huh? I hope he will be ok and not need surgery. Lots of healing energy sent his way. Keep us posted. *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  11:17:20 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, I'll be claiming that Cody won't need surgery and they'll be able to just cast him up and send him on! Positive thoughts and loads of prayers headed your way! Hang in there, Sister!

~~Cherry~~

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  12:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Sherri,
Sending healing prayers and thoughts to your family. Keeping you all close to my heart.
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  12:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, I'm sorry to hear about Cody. He will be in my prayers and I hope that he mends quickly and painlessly. I'm sending healing thoughts his way.

Hug!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  12:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Sherri,
you and Cody are in my prayers.
If you want to post an addy we could send him cards wishes to keep him cheered up as he will probably me immobilized for a while and for a guy who loves active stuff like rock climbing that won;t be a picnic
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  1:40:49 PM  Show Profile
If anyone would like to send him a card, his address is:

Cody Grubbs
PO Box 9497
Jackson, WY 83002

It would be great if he could get some cards to keep him encouraged. He's really concerned about finances - not so much paying the hospital bill, but not being able to work for 6 weeks or so. I told him to have faith it would all work out. I just spoke with him and it looks like at this point, they're not going to do any surgery. I heard a little bit more about the accident too. He was up about 60 feet on a wall he had been climbing for four years when this boulder broke loose - headed for his girlfriend at the bottom. She was able to get out of the way while holding the rope enough to keep him from free falling to the bottom, but he did crash down before the rock, and the rock fell on top of his leg, crushing it. What I didn't know last night was that there are several deep lacerations and puncture wounds in addition to the fractures - and the bone was sticking out of the skin. I've never met this girlfriend, but I will forever been indebted to her. She held it together enough to get him back to the truck (2 miles), then 30 miles back to the hospital - driving my son's truck, a stickshift, that she didn't know how to drive. I talked to her today and she says she'll never get that image out of her mind. She said he had a guardian angel watching over him and I believe it. When I talked to him today, he said "Mom, I'm sorry it had to happen on Mother's Day." He made me cry.

Farmgirl Sister #98

Edited by - mikesgirl on May 11 2009 1:57:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  1:46:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my gosh, Sherri! He's a very, very fortunate boy. I will definitely keep him and you in my prayers. What a scary phone call to receive. :(

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  1:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Sherri!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  2:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherri- I posted something over in the Chapter Chatter section. I think it would be great if when we are sending cards- if we have a spare dollar or five to pop it in the card. I know that sometimes just even having five dollars in your pocket helps keep the panic down when you are looking at unemployment for a while. Poor Cody! I know he has had a rough year. I am going to sit down and do some cards to night so I will make sure that Cody is on the list!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  2:09:06 PM  Show Profile
That is so sweet Alee - I know he'd appreciate it so much. You're right about keeping the panic down.

Here is a picture of him - I've posted this before but I know there's some new farmgirls. Sometimes it's nice to put a picture to the story. (Handsome dude on the right is dh!) Thanks everyone - it really helps to have you to talk to when something like this happens and great to have all those prayers going his way!

Farmgirl Sister #98

Edited by - mikesgirl on May 11 2009 2:09:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  2:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Sherri - I am glad to hear that so far they don't think surgery is necessary. To answer your previous question, he had crushed the femur in his right leg. He had 4 surgeries over the course of a year and a half to repair the break. It was a slow recovery and he lost so much length in the bone that he now has to wear a lift on his shoe. You really have to admire Cody's girlfriend. If she had not been able to hold it together the out come could have been much worse.

I'm sorry that it took so long for me to answer back. I will definately keep him in my prayers and will drop him a card. Keep the faith, Mom. He will be okay it will just take time.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  3:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Sherri,

I am sorry to hear of your son's accident. I will be praying for his healing and the Lord's provision.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  4:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Alee

Sherri- I posted something over in the Chapter Chatter section. I think it would be great if when we are sending cards- if we have a spare dollar or five to pop it in the card. I know that sometimes just even having five dollars in your pocket helps keep the panic down when you are looking at unemployment for a while.

Alee

Just what I was thinking Alee. There are close to twenty farmgals posting their thoughts and prayers here already. If everyone could send $1 - $5, it would add up.

Sherri, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

LynnMarie

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  07:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I am sorry to hear about your son and do hope he will heal easily. It is wonderful that his girlfriend had so much maturity to know what to do.
Would you by any chance, have a Paypal account ?
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Please say a prayer for my son...Picture added Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page