Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Always in the same spot....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Always in the same spot.... Next Topic  

couggardengirl
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Bridgette
Clarkston WA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  5:48:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls.....

just wondering if you all keep things in a similar spot as they were in in the house/home you grew up in? I just realized the other day that not having a clock on the soffet above the sink is driving me crazy.....thats where I look for the time because my mom always had a clock above the sink!

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  5:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bridgette.... That so true. I know I'm a creature of habit and things that were done in my home growing up, I automatically do in my home now. There was always a basket to throw keys in, so I have a catchall basket. My mom always had the spices lined up a certain way in the pantry...so now I do the same thing. My mother's tastes have rubbed off on me, also. It's sort of comforting to do those things now, as it reminds me of my childhood.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on May 28 2009 5:41:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  9:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I do a few of those things. Cups were always to the right of the sink so I usually do that but we switched it around at our new place. Hmm- I'll have to think about it- I know I do other things... I should do more! My mom's house always looks great and mine looks like- well- like I need a maid!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  08:14:56 AM  Show Profile
Yep...my pots and pans are in the same stupid cabinet that we had at home. the one that's in the "L" corner of the kitchen, that goes waaaaaaayyy back into a dark hole that you can't find anything? I hated searching for pots and pans growing up in that cabinet (on rainy days, you needed a flashlight!), so it only makes sense that I would put them there in my own home!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Always in the same spot.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page