Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Could someone explain to me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Could someone explain to me Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  7:20:55 PM  Show Profile
Could someone please explain to me what solid perfume is? I saw it on an etsy, but it looked like a bar of soap.
How in the world do you put it on? How does it stay on? It is just perfumed soap and they are calling it solid prefume??lol

I know Ive thought way too much about this..lol

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2352 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2352 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  8:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Jessie - It's a fragrance in a semi-solid base, kind of like the consistency of chap stick. You just rub a dab in and smell good. There are recipes for it on the web if you do a google search.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  9:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Solid perfume is good for people with dry skin, it last longer and is less drying.

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  06:05:08 AM  Show Profile
OOh sounds like I might be looking into that. I have wicked dry skin in the summertime and perfume doesn't stay around long to save my life..lol
Thanks for explaining. :D

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  12:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I bought some last fall at the farmer's market that was in what looked like a deodorant container. I love it. It fits good in my purse and it has a very nice feel to it and very smelly good, too. I got pepperment scent. It's not perfume but solid lotion. So now I don't know if we're talking the same thing or not. Anyway, it's solid!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  5:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Kris--do you use it on your armpits?? or is it for anywhere? lol I saw the solid perfume on an etsy, and it just looked like a little bar of soap in a tin.:D

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  6:24:31 PM  Show Profile
No, that's what I thought it was at first but they told me it was just a solid lotion. You just roll it on your arms and legs like lotion. I guess it could be used under the arms if ya like. It just came in that particular container. I just found it and there is a web site so you can check it out. www.sleepyhollowherbfarm.com. It's actually called a body repair lotion bar.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  6:41:13 PM  Show Profile
sounds great Kris, Ill definitly be checking out. :D It would be tons easier than trying to keep the children from spraying my perfume bottles at each other or wearing a ton of perfume just to get the scent to linger. thanks for the link! :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  6:57:36 PM  Show Profile
Didn't Avon sell that years ago like in a chapstick container type of thing. I remember having some in high school, LONG ago :-)
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  11:29:35 AM  Show Profile
If you want to make your own solid perfume you can get instructions and all the supplies inc. containers at www.soapcrafters.com also kits for making your own lip balms. Another supplier is Magic Mountain Sage. Also soap making supplies and instructions.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  12:33:15 PM  Show Profile
I had a stick of Ambush perfume ages ago, also in high school. It was wrapped in foil and came in a glass container with a plastic lid, similar in size to the spice jars sold today.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Could someone explain to me Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page