Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Got my cleaning/decorating MOJO on!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Got my cleaning/decorating MOJO on! Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  11:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday was my bookcases and my "poultry" collection and today in my front entrance with my rabbit collection. I'm living on cheezits and coffee (don't tell MJ) but my house is getting clean! Will wonders never cease???? Check my blog for the pics.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Sam, your pictures are great! But when you are done, can you send some of that MOJO this way, please? We have lived in this house for over a year and I have YET to hang anything on the walls! Argh!! Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  12:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Sam! I go on cleaning kicks too. When I can clean uninterupted with music or an audiobook on, I can really get a lot done. Unfortunatly for my house but maybe fortunatly for me (?) I don't get much uninterupted time! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  12:44:55 PM  Show Profile
That's okay Alee....I used to have a whole houseful and actually I got more done then come to think of it. Now that I live alone and am retired I always figure I can do it "tomorrow"....that's not always the best attitude for me...I can put off a lot of things that way!
Toni, don't feel bad...I have lived here for 5 years now and there are parts of it that look like I just moved in! I had bad eyes for 2 years and now I can see again and oh boy did I make a mess in those 2 years! LOL! But I can see now and I'm very grateful I got my eyesight back even if I have "miles to go before I can sleep". Also, I have no social life to speak of except for MJ's so that leaves my calendar pretty free! I have to make it fun for myself so I rearrange things and "redecorate" while I clean which takes lots longer but it's more enjoyable that way. Thanks for looking and commenting because that motivates me to keep on cleaning and clearing.

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  4:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Sam your place looks nice. I'm retired also an I know the put it off until tomorrow symptom. Did you have eye surgery? My son did and he loved it. My older brother's eyes are improving with age, and so are mine. But my younger brother has been legally blind for most of his life.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  5:15:18 PM  Show Profile
I have Graves Disease and I was going blind....they never thought I'd get my sight back they were just going to try and stop the damage done....but when I awoke...I could see...REALLY SEE and it was a miracle...REALLY!! Even the surgeon was amazed and you know it takes a lot to impress them. And yes....if you want to have surgery...eye surgery is the one to pick....you're never "off your feet" and there's no pain...nothing to write home about anyway. I have been full of gratitude ever since. I got rheumatoid Arthritis and then the Graves Disease which I still have both....but I do great and keep moving and reading as much as possible. Thanks for looking....it motivates me for some reason....like I have to keep ahead of my blogs! LOL! Gotta go shampoo some carpeting now....you gals are slave drivers!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  7:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Sandra! I love your house with your cute bunnies and the huge, Alice in Wonderland teacup planter pots! So glad that you have received such a miracle with your sight returning! And the coffee and cheezits are doing the rest. LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  7:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nikki! Hey...we're practically neighbors! Have a great weekend!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  10:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Sandra! That must have been terrifying! I was losing my sight for about a month back in 2005- it turned out my problem was simply stress! The doctor told me to take it easy and get more sleep and after a couple of weeks my eyes were back to normal!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee! I was hoping you would get on....I was shampooing my carpet and needed your help! LOL! But did check back on old posts and found where you added vinegar and so I did too and that REALLY helped! I am doing small sections because I have to leave areas for the dog and cat and myself to get here and there in the house.
So.....I'm sone for now. I did the entryway and hallway leading from living room to family room....thank goodness there's another hallway by the bedrooms we can use.
It was SO bad though I had to do it 5 times in each area and there were about 4 areas! Whew! And I have the windows open but it is getting warm and might rain so I may turn on the A.C. It would probably help it dry faster although the machine rally does pull out the moisture. I just ahve a little Bissell but boy that thing worked great....it is WHITE carpeting or really off-white but it didn't look like it before I shampooed it! I should have done before and after pictures....you wouldn't have beleived it...FILTHY! YUCK....I did your "icky dance"! LOL!
Thank goodness our eyes are okay! That's why my house is so bad...I couldn't see it for 2 years! LOL! Have a great weekend! I'm still looking for a "green" recipe for carpet shampoo....any ideas?

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  11:40:04 AM  Show Profile
Sandra, you are cracking me up with your "icky dance". I am glad that you are getting so much accomplished!

I looked up Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas. I think it would be a about 6 1/2 hours from here, but Lovin' Man hunts ducks somewhere between Memphis and Little Rock. He was unable to talk me into going with him this year. Maybe next year I will go and see your neck of the woods!

Hope you are having a great weekend as well!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  12:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Nikki! YOu could go with him and he could drop you off here and pick you up on the way back! I have a big house with a guest room and I live acroos from a lake...this is sort of a retirement/resort area. Like now...the town is PACKED with people here for the Memorial Day weekend. There's golfing, the lake and I could take you to Hardy which is all antiques....OH! We could have fun! Tell me your interests and I could line it all up! We have a great quilt shop here that my girlfriend owns and it is SO CUTE...she is decorator extraordinaire. You can rent fishing boats, pontoons, kyacks and jet skiis....I'm not into SPEED but my kids love it when they visit. What fun....maybe we could get a group together from around the South, of Farmgirls since most of us can't make it to MJ's out West.
The "icky dance" was really coined by Alee, so I can't really take credit for that! LOL! Hope you're having a great weekend....it's raining here....what a SPring we've had...it's warmer in Iowa where my kids are than here....that's a switch...it's only 67 here today!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  12:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Sandra! You are so sweet to offer to do that! But I think that you probably live at least an hour or an hour and a half from where he hunts and I am telling you, if I went with him, we would go straight to the hunting place and not leave it until we were headed back home.

My brother is always talking about the beautiful lakes he has visited in Arkansas and how he wants to go back to them. Maybe you could help me with something. My brother insists that there is a lake in Arkansas that has an entire town at the bottom of it, but I looked all over the internet and couldn't find anything about it. Could it be near you? Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  3:35:06 PM  Show Profile
We have 4 lakes here, the biggest being Crown and they are all man-made lakes. Crown is 600 acres and I'm not sure about a town but I know there are houses down there at the bottom of the lake. It is EXTREMELY deep in places. They bought up all the houses and property BEFORE they flooded the valley.
There could be others...but I don't think there was a town here before they developed it but what do I know?!?! My parents lived here for 30 years before they passed away and they were one of the first people to buy property here but they did not buy ON the lake. My Dad came for the golf and my Mom almost drowned when she was little so she wanted NOTHING to do with having a house ON the lake! I'm suprised she even agreed to be ACROSS the street! Ha! Ha! There's a lot of maintenance to being on the lake though so I just have friends that invite me on their boats and over to THEIR houses on the lake so it's not too bad! Ha! Ha!
If you ever come down/up/over be sure and stop by!
Tell you brother I'll ask about those houses being a town and get back to you!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  08:49:38 AM  Show Profile
I hope this mojo is catching. I was praying this morning for God to help me on mine...

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  09:08:55 AM  Show Profile
Cool! I will look up Crown Lake. That must be the one. My brother goes on and on about the beautiful, clean and clear lakes in Arkansas. So glad that you get to live so close to such beauty, Sandra!

I hope that you have had a little more sustenance than Cheezits lately. HA! And I know that your house must be sparkling clean!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  10:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Nikki....trust me...my house is FAR from sparkling! Just this morning when I came out the bathroom...the dog had thrown up in 2 places!!! AHHH!!!! Thank goodness it wasn't on the area I had just shampooed! I felt bad for her tummy but when's a gal going to get ahead? I thought maybe after teh husband left and the kids but I guess not...could it be ME????
And Hallie, have you ever tried FLYLADY? She's great for motivating you to just take baby steps and not beat yourself up about it....that's what I do each and every day...just baby steps! Try her....www.flylady.com ...she got me going several years back but it's still a struggle since I can't seem to break the "pack rat" cycle! But then I am a workaholic too. I love to work but find it hard to relax and have fun like "normal" people...in fact I have an invite to a cookout on the lake but I would rather stay home and putz around here and get something done...is that wrong? Have I lived alone so long I am becoming anti-social? Do I need therapy maybe? Maybe just more caffein....maybe I really should stop eating those Cheezits?

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  3:37:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, no! Isn't that always what happens when you start to clean! I promise you, if I went in the kitchen and swept and mopped it, it would be like me announcing to the family, "Okay, people, now go in there, pour a whopping glass of orange juice and drop it. Yes, right there, in the middle of the kitchen floor. Go ahead. Thanks!" As long as I don't clean it, no one spills anything. Seriously. But clean it and you are asking for trouble.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  4:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Oyu are SO right Nikki! What was I thinking?!?!?!?! I should have known...well, I have learned MY lesson! I refuse to clean anything this week....that'll show em!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  5:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Sandra! I don't think that you are becoming anti-social. You are pretty social on here! Maybe you have just stopped making yourself do things that you always did out of obligation. I think that is what maturing is all about. Being who you are and not what other tell you to be.

Have fun putzing and when you want to enjoy company, enjoy company!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  09:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I am fluttering along with Flylady. I just get frustrated sometimes.

I get accused of being anti-social by my guy sometimes. I don't think I am; I am just choosy about who I spend my time and energy on. With the MS there is not a lot so I want to spend it wisely. That's what I have been in the process of doing since I got diagnosed with MS in 2005. Some folks understood how radically my life changed and some didn't. I hope as time goes along that I will find new folks to socialize with, people who uplift me and challenge me. As we grow and change the other people in our lives may or may not. :-) I think it is healthy to re-evaluate people and activities occasionally.

Cheez-its and caffeine can be helpful, but only as accessory foods. :-)

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on May 27 2009 09:47:50 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Got my cleaning/decorating MOJO on! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page