Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 It all started with a rash in my armpit...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic It all started with a rash in my armpit... Next Topic  

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  09:33:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Some time before Christmas I developed a round rash in my left armpit. I just assumed that I had developed a sensitivity to my deodorant and switched brands but it didn't go away. Long story short, I got Lyme disease and have been flat on my back for weeks.

I have a lot of catching up to do especially with a certain delightful beekeeper in Florida and a little girl named Grace who sent me lovely Yellow buttons and a very charming note.

I have missed you all so much!

Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  09:36:38 AM  Show Profile
Ooo! sorry to hear of your plight! Hope you are up and around and feeling tip top soon! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  09:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Glad to know the runors were unfounded, but Lyme disease! Hope you are feeling better very soon. Nice to have you back amongst us!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  09:54:53 AM  Show Profile
sorry to hear about your illness. We all are very grateful your still with us. Catch up slowly & post when you can. Glad your back. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:24:53 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that your down, welcome back though!!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  12:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Lucinda!!! I hope you are better way soon!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Lyme disease isn't any fun I know!! Poor Lucinda!

Ellen the beekeeper has been too busy with her husband after his surgery to post either much.

Hope to see you both tearing up the chatroom soon!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  12:46:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome home Lucinda! We've missed you! Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  1:03:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, and I'm really glad you're doing better. I look forward to getting to know you now that you're back!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  5:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Lucinda - Lyme disease can be so tricky!!!!! It is a blessing that you got a firm diagnosis. I am praying for you and please take this very seriously! Anti-biotics in this case can be lifesavers.

Praying for you!!!!!

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

Frankenblonde
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Courtland CA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2006 :  01:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Frankenblonde a Yahoo! Message
Okay, for a moment I was afraid I might have had Lyme Disease! A few months ago, I too had a strange rash in my armpit, and I thought maybe it was mold from my shower or a problem with my razor. I happened to switch deodorants and the rash gradually disappeared ~ I think it was the deodorant with the sparkles in it that was giving me the rash! Weird.

I'm sorry you had Lyme instead of Sparkles. Glad you're better now.

“Always know in your heart that you are far bigger than anything that can happen to you.”
~ Dan Zadra, Chicken Soup for the Country Soul

Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  06:32:14 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the warm welcome back and the warm wishes! I'm taking baby steps even though I secretly want to try and catch up with everything all at once. I don't want to end up back in bed just when spring rolls around!

Frankenblonde. Hi and welcome. I have sensitive skin so I just assumed that I had the "sparkles" too. My rash looked like a bulls eye and that should have clued me in but I'm used to reacting to things like "no iron" sheets (which are treated with pine resin) and just about every laundry detergent on the market.
Glad your was just irritation!

Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic It all started with a rash in my armpit... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page