KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Well, I went into work on Monday and was told that I was being "involuntarily terminated" because I couldn't do my job and that they were just wasting their time and money to have me there. Less than a week ago I was being told how well I was doing. I had been there almost a year. I was so mad because I had put up with so much crap. I guess treating the boss with respect and not using dirty language or picking on someone for their beliefs is not a good reason to keep them on when they are working their butts off. There had been problems from the minute I was asked what I was listening to on the radio (talk radio) and then the crap about how conservative veterans are such a threat to Homeland Security (I'm both of those) just made everything worse.

My last 2 jobs have been with privately owned companies and the owners are out of state and I guess they don't know what's going on. I have never been treated so badly as I have at these two places.

Anyway, I guess I am where I'm supposed to be. My daughter I discussed this the last time I was in Kansas with her and I told her I was obviously there for a reason and now I guess it's over.

I am needing a little support right now, I guess. I was fine till I got out in my car and then bawled my eyes out. I have never been fired before. I am almost 56 years old and now I have to go job hunting again and I hate it! If the sisterhood here could just say a few prayers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much for letting me rant.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  7:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OH, Kay.. I am so sorry! Sending lots of prayers and happy thoughts that this will just free you up to find the "Perfect" fit for you!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

couggardengirl
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Bridgette
Clarkston WA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  7:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Kay,
So sorry to hear. There are so many of us going through so many similar things. Know that we are all thinking of you and here for support as many of us have been through similar recently!!

Bridgette

Edited by - couggardengirl on May 13 2009 7:58:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  7:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kay I am so sorry! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  7:52:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kay - I know it's hard and scary but something better will come along. I'll be thinking of you.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  8:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Kay B - this Kay B knows exactly how you feel plus we are the same age. I was laid off my job a year ago this month. I was not treated badly and loved the job but there just wasn't any work. I still bawled my eyes out. I know that you can't see it now but in a few days you will know that you are better off not being in a place where they treated you badly. Go file for your unemployment benefits right away! You stood up for your morals and your beliefs and you are to be commended for that. God is in control and He will bless you greatly! I will be praying for you. If you need to "talk" please email me privately.

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  11:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Kay, many hugs to you. I know about bad treatment at jobs, my previous one was like that too! Now I found a new one and will start in June. YAY! Who know, the right one might be around the corner for you too. Will pray for it.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Sara317
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Sara
Munroe Falls Ohio
22 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  05:59:29 AM  Show Profile
This exact thing happened to me a year ago and I am 54. I immediately came to the conclusion that "he" did me a favor but then it took 6 months to realize that I was home because something good may happen instead of thinking something bad was going to happen. Hang in there. Take care of yourself and realize that this is an open door to something else even if you don't know yet what that is.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:11:53 AM  Show Profile
I am trying to hard to stay positive. I'm just worried. We have 2 car payments, house payment, etc., and if I don't find something, I don't know what to do. Due to the weather we're having, I can't get my garden in - heck, I can't even mow the grass 'cause it's so wet. DH and I helped some friends get their garden in, but it all washed away when they got 13 inches of rain in less than a week.

I am heading off to the employment office today. I went to an employment agency and I'm perfect for a job they have coming open with an oil company, but they don't know when that will be. I will say a little prayer before I leave and hope for the best.

Thanks for all your help and support. I'm really needing it right now. And poor DH just doesn't understand why I feel the way I do.

KayB

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:23:18 AM  Show Profile
KayB- I'm so very sorry that you lost your job. I'm a firm believer that when God shuts a door, He always opens a window. There are lots of us who are going through what you are right now. I'm a 53 yr old real estate agent, and don't need to tell you what that's like right now, so I've been out job hunting myself.

My prayers go out to you and all others here who are looking for employment.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:33:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kay please try to stay positive. I am a firm believer like Diana and her window of opportunity opening. I will be sending you blessings that another one opens to a much kinder welcoming place where your wisdom and talents will be apreciated and you can soar.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
City Chick & Friends Chapter Mama
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:36:22 AM  Show Profile
I am sorry that this has happened, Kay. It's a rotten feeling to be at someone else's mercy! Like Diane, I agree that there is something else out there for you and this just wasn't it.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Kay,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am the same age as you and I know I would be devastated if I lost my job and had to go job hunting. I agree with the other farmgirls that when 1 door closes another opens. It's hard for us to wait for that door to open. Hang in there!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3319 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3319 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  10:47:35 AM  Show Profile
So sorry Kay...that really bites. I hate to sound cliche but there is a reason for everything. Sounds like you deserved so much more than what you were getting there. A blessing in disguise

Hang in there girl!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  11:20:50 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I don't know what to say! I am so sorry to hear your frustration and disappointment. You have every reason to have those feelings! Man o man!! Keeping you close and sending love, ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  1:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry that this happened to you Kay, no other way to put it but it sucks. I hope you are able to see the open window of another opportunity that goes with this closed door.

Sometimes it seems that employers really don't want good, honest, hard working people since they seem to keep on the slackers instead.

Hang in there, something will come up. We're praying for you.

Anne-Marie.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  1:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kay, I know how hard it is to go through a job loss. I lost my job due to an arbitrary state regulation change last January. I was crushed. But everything so far has worked itself out and we've taken a bad situation and turned it into a positive. There is so much uncertainty in the world today. You are not alone. None the less, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick resolution!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  2:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
So sorry Kay, I know what you mean, we are going through a similar rough patch. First I was scared, now I'm just mad. One day at a time.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry you lost your job, I like many others believe a window will open soon for you. I will say a prayer for you. Keep your chin up. Hugs to you.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  05:21:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kay! I am sorry that you were treated badly. No one should be treated badly. As everyone else has said, this is a wonderful opportunity for something GREAT to happen in your working life and your whole life in general. I am excited for what is around the corner for you and am praying that all will go well for you! Hugs to you and keep us updated!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  9:46:49 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE!!!!

I got a job! I was so shocked that I started crying and my daughter just hugged me and told me it was okay, she knew I could do it. It's with our Department of Public Safety and I start the 15th. The only problem had been that I am keeping our 21-month-old granddaughter while Mom does her National Guard 2 weeks in Wyoming and we didn't know how we would handle it. My DIL said she would watch her while I worked. YAY!!! I go in at 10:15 and DH will pick her up when he gets off at 5:00. Then on the 24th we take her home to Kansas. Mom only has one more drill weekend after that in August and then she is done. Her hubby has reenlisted (due to the job market being so bad) and they are being sent to Fort Hood, TX, which is where my oldest daughter and her hubby and kids live.

I want to thank everyone so much for their prays, hugs, and good thoughts. I was getting ready to apply for a part-time job at an herb store, but this will be so much better. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I love all of you.

KayB

Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  04:21:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kay! Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you! Glad that things are looking up!

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  05:20:47 AM  Show Profile
Time heals all things. Congratulations, I hope you love your new job.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  05:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I am so glad things are working out for you. I hope this new job will be what you need and the people will be nice.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Man, I was just about to post that I felt the same, but I guess Congrats are in order. How very good for you!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~the only thing for certain, is uncertainty~
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:15:10 AM  Show Profile
This is a great opportunity, Kay!!! What a DOOR to open! You'll work all that stuff out (it sounds like you already have!) Congratulations!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lost Job Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page