True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Chelsea
Prosser WA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  1:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I wanted to apologize for delving into politics on my last gun control post. I didn't read the instructions when I first joined....story of my life:)
Anyways, hope I didn't offend anyone.
~Chelsea

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  2:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Love you Chelsea! I wish the rest of knew her like we prosserfarmchicks do. She is "always" the good girl, so having this is kinda funny! hugs you little "troublemaker" you! LOL

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  05:15:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry, too, but I didn't know that it wasn't allowed because in the registration form these are the things that are specifically not allowed.

"In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others' privacy, sexually oriented, or that violates any laws."

Could y'all please add political and religious to the list? Thanks.

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  06:51:12 AM  Show Profile
It isn’t that politics or religion per se are bad to talk about but those two topics ALWAYS, and we mean ALWAYS, regress into one or all of the above. Other sub-topics, like abortion, are just matches waiting to be lit. People’s beliefs on politics and religion are VERY strong and polarizing and people are VERY RIGHT concerning them, almost rabid actually when it turns confrontational--whether liberal or conservative. We wish it weren’t so but having monitored this forum for several years now, we’ve learned our lesson. (And it should be noted that we’ve lost women, almost in equal numbers, on both sides of the spectrum.) Sadly, the private letters we get when we try to reign in topics that are going south tend to include words like Hitler, Big Mother, etc. In other words, that’s when we know the person we were trying to reign in has bigger issues really and politics and religion are simply a place to park those.

Reading someone’s angst is a bad way to start or end your day. Heck, it’s a drag in the middle of the day! Public political and religious discussions bring out the worst in people and our goal is to bring out the VERY BEST in people. Being right is easy. Being without ego and approaching others through love is the ONLY way to bring about the changes we all long for in our hearts.

Remember that scene with the musical band in the movie Titanic when the ship was going down? People were screaming and pushing and panicked but the band played on. At the end of one musical piece and as the ship began to tip hopelessly, the conductor said calmly, “Thank you for playing so beautifully tonight.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  4:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, MaryJane, you are right! Having divisive arguments is very counterproductive with what you are doing here. I am sorry that people called you Hitler. That is WAY out there. Good for y'all to nip that stuff in the bud!

Regards, Nikki

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  08:21:00 AM  Show Profile
One of the reasons I love this site is because it is so positive and uplifting. Sure, we all have problems and strong opinions but I know that I can come over here and escape from that junk for a little while.
It really helps to keep me grounded.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Sorry Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page