harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  07:00:54 AM  Show Profile
When my husband and I decided to get married, he handed me $250.00 and said here, plan a wedding. I did and it was beautiful. Unfortunately he never handed me any money for a honeymoon. 27 years later, I'm still waiting......

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  08:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Melody i know a lot of people that have gone to Niagra Falls, and usually they say it was a previous marraige. I'm thinking that place s cursed.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  08:42:03 AM  Show Profile
1st time 1,000 islands (lots of mosquito's)
2an time The Hospital ( I just got real sick- Now I know why)
3ad time would you believe I actually was foolish enough to get talked into getting married again? My DH planned the wedding, and honeymoon. We went to Virgina Beach. It was nice and fun and we are going again this year (3ad annisversary)and he's paying for it and planned it.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  09:03:05 AM  Show Profile
_- --

Tom & I got married on a sunday -- our wedding was outside, at the edge of the National Forest in Idyllwild California. We had people show up that were friends, some total strangers (people figured it was a party...) plus some dogs..cats...somebodys baby..

Tom's mother had a vacation apt. down in Newport Beach for the summer, an' we were originally going to stay there for 4 - 0 - 5 days. the second day, she showed up, so we had to cut the "honeymoon" short.

That should've been a wake-up call about toms family, but we jus' blew it off at the time..Ha.

Now he sez we'll have a for-real honeymoon, but le's just say I'm not holding my breath. It'll be 33 years this july, so who knowz..

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  09:05:05 AM  Show Profile
1st marriage, Maine (that was the best part of the marriage!)

2nd marriage, we travel so much during the year we just took a few long weekends to Pleasant Hill afterwards :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  10:20:01 AM  Show Profile
It is so neat reading everyone's honeymoon destinations. My dear hubby and I will be married 4 years ago next week. :) We went to Nashville, TN because we are both so influenced by music in both of our lives. We did the backstage tours of the Grand Ole Opry House (and sung 2 songs in the Opry circle!! - best treat of all!!) and then over at the Ryman Auditorium. We drove to Jack Daniels in Lynchburg, went to Opry Mills Mall (back in the day we would go to Opryland when it was there). We went driving around and met up with one of my buddies that lived down there. Well, she gave us directions to various star homes and we went driving. I had to do a turn around and saw this house with a circular driveway with the gate open. I thought "heck, why not" and hubby took a couple of photos. Oops...that was Johnny Cash's old house! I didn't realize it until I showed folks the photos and then looked them up, yep his ole homestead. We also went to what use to be Twitty City but now is TBN TV station. I remember Conway coming out of the house back when we use to go to Twitty City growing up. The final day, we decided to pay our final respects and actually went to the graves of Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Keith Whitley, and several others. Each day we definitely were tourists and had a grand ole time needless to say. :) We're trying to figure out where to go on our 5 year anniversary next year. Hmmm....

Jessica in KY
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile
We didn't have a honeymoon, but a few years latter, after we've landed in Gabon, Africa, he planned a trip to South Africa as a belated honeymoon... got side tracked by a huge overload of work, had to postpone the whole thing for 2 weeks, forgot our anniversary totally because it was timed to be during our trip. We had a good time in south Africa though.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  10:43:50 AM  Show Profile
We went to Disneyland! DH had never been out of the state of Washington, other than the trip from Montana where he was born, when he was 2. Boy have things changed since then!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Visit my online store at:
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  11:07:35 AM  Show Profile
We got married in the morning then had to spend the afternoon doing laundry so we could have clothes to wear, LOL! We left later that afternoon and wound up in Craig CO where we had the best steak dinner of our lives. The next day we stayed in Salt Lake City and did a little site seeing and then several days in Elko NV doing nothing but swimming in the pool at the motel. Then we headed over to Ocean Side CA to visit with my new hubby's sister. Nothing spectacular but it was mainly just the two of us and isn't that what honeymoons are all about?

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  01:03:52 AM  Show Profile
1st time went to Disney and Epcot in FL (we were living in FL) came home early as we both got sick and were in bed for a week, my mom and maid of honor brought us food each day. We were really sick.

2nd time didn't get a honeymoon until nearly 4 years after we married, we got away together for 3 days when we went to a cattle auction this past December in Hobson MT, woke up to snow and freezing winds the morning after we arrived. Needless to say, with a cattle trailer attached to the truck, we didn't get to do much site-seeing.

Reality is, living day to day life with my DH is honeymoon enough (especially when compared to prior marriage!!)

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  08:04:42 AM  Show Profile
We went to Boothbay Harbor, Maine. It was beautiful and Yummmmy food, and great outdoors fun. We were moving up to Maine from NY state, so it was kind of a long trip to our new apartment, but it was a fun week.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile
Well the first time I went to Hawaii and for my second marriage we drove around Lake Michigan. I actually enjoyed the second one a lot more!

Morocco is beautiful, I was there many years ago!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  06:42:39 AM  Show Profile
We got married on a Friday evening in January, and went to Quebec City for the weekend. I forgot my gloves, and let me tell you, it's very cold in Quebec in January!

When we got home, hubby had to leave the next day for a long business trip!

21 years later, still going strong. I'd love to go back to Quebec City, though. We didn't have nearly enough time to see "vieux Quebec".

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  06:47:16 AM  Show Profile
We spent our honeymoon at the beach (Lincoln City Oregon). DH's uncle has a little house that sits right on the beach that he loaned us free of charge. We have stayed there many times since then over the past 19+ years. We didn't have much money and I could only get away about a week for the wedding and the honeymoon before I had to go back to work. Over the years we have had many other vacations/get aways so I really don't feel we missed out in anyway.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  08:08:52 AM  Show Profile
We went to a small lake in northern Mi, about 6 miles away from where we finally retired to. Hubby and I were pen pals when we met, he was on leave from the VA Hospital, after being severly injured in Viet Nam. We were married 10 days after our first meeting. That was 41 years ago.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:57:46 AM  Show Profile
We took a back packing trip to Red Castle in the Uinta Mountains. It was nice to be completely alone with not a care in the world. I learned how to fly fish on that trip and have been doing it since.

Sherone

http://tinytaylorranch.blujay.com
http://tinytaylorranch.ecrater.com/
http://taylorscountrystore.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9417 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9417 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  6:39:03 PM  Show Profile
I am from upstate NY and so we went on a 4 day trip through Vermont and New Hampshire for our honeymoon. After returning we spent a week at the in laws and then we spent a week driving to California where we took a plane to Hawaii. We spent 3 years there since that is how long his tour of duty was. Funny part was after getting there we spent very little time together as he was always being shipped out somewhere. But we've been married 27 yrs and we have taken lots of weekend trips to Lancaster,Pa. One of my favorite places to go. the other favorite place is Maine.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  8:25:48 PM  Show Profile
We went to New Orleans and stayed in a B and B just off Bourbon Street. Then two years later we took a 2nd honeymoon in New Orleans and stayed in another B and B just off Bourbon Street. It turned out to be owned by the same to guys that owned the first one. We have been married 31 years now. Both our families bet we wouldn't last 2 years. Happy to say they were wrong.

May the force of the Horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  8:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
We went to Williamsburg VA and had a lovely time in a wonderfully quaint B&B in the fall of 2005! :)

~~~~
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1404 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1404 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  9:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Niagara Falls. Is there any other place? Just kidding. Husband #1 and I were blown away by the falls. Really hard on hairdos though with all that mist.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where did you honeymoon? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page