Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Does your dog wag it's tail when you laugh?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:56:58 AM  Show Profile
Our dog did. We had a Akita mix named Oslo. He was too funny. My kids loved that dog till the day he died about 3 years ago at the age of 11. He did not think of himself as a dog but as another kid in the family. He had his place picked out. Right in between both kids. He even love to go kayaking. If we even moved the kayak in the garage and he saw us he thought we were leaving him or cheating on him. He would let us know that we could not go without him. We never did.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:32:36 PM  Show Profile
That's FUNNY Madelynne!

My dogs think I'm crazy. They always sit and stare at me with that "What the heck is WRONG with you?" look on their faces. Even my poor (nearly) blind Chihuahua female will look at me in odd ways-- even though she can barely see me!
I sing a lot, and laugh a lot (helps make the days go faster and keeps me from CRYING when things go wrong-- which is OFTEN!) and I talk to the animals ALL THE TIME. It's funny, but I really think they DO understand me! Scary isn't it? he..he..he..he..hee!!! At least we're all a HAPPY bunch around here... most of the time... ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sky watches me and it's so funny- I was looking at a website that had some really funny pictures and was laughing out loud. I looked up to see Sky wagging her tail and dancing around. She's such a sweet dog. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Boxer wags his little stub tail every time I sweet talk to him--especially when I mention the word "walk". Sometimes I think if there was a way to harness the energy from dogs wagging their tails, it would solve the energy crisis LOL.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:08:04 PM  Show Profile
All I have to do is look at Hobbs and his tail starts up. He even smiles on occassions. What's really funny is when they are asleep and the tails going! I'd like to be that happy...

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  03:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Our dog must the happiest-go-lucky animal there is!

She always wags her tail when we laugh and tries to get into the middle of whatever it is we are doing at the time.

I do believe certian amimals....especially dogs have a sense of humor.

Next time someone plays w/ their dog listen to the breathy ha ha ha. It's not a pant. Might it be a dog laugh?

Does anyone elses dog bear their teeth and smile when they are in an especialy playful or happy mood.

Both dogs I have owned do this. A friend's dog also does this when you greet him----tail wagging like crazy!

You just can't beat a joyful greeting---especially after an especialy long and bad day at work.
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  05:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Mine do! Neka, my German Shep. wags her tail whenever I talk! lol:) she's definetely my buddy! Our little 'ol beagle/basset mix wags his tail when he's found a bone in the yard! The other day he found an animal skull...must have been a deer with small antlers - needless to say he looked like the dog on the grinch, he was trying to carry this big thing through the yard with antlers sticking up and looking like they were his! Wish I would have had my camera!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  05:28:29 AM  Show Profile
My dog (a yellow lab) wags if I smile or look at him...funny thing is if I say his name his tail twirls in a circle. I wasnt sure I saw that right at first, but I tested it w/DD. He twirled it around. She thought it was crazy!

I love when I come home from work & he's so excited to see me (or maybe its just to eat??). He hops up & down on his front paws like a little kid. Gives me one little kiss as if to say thank you (like he's been starving) & goes back to hopping.

I sure do believe they understand what we say. He also loves to go on trips (driven to Ny from Tx several times) w/us & we can tell he is so bummed when he can't go. But good thing is, when he escapes the yard, he can be lured back in with a ride in the car.

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  08:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My old dog Seanee who we had to put to sleep back in 2007 would smile like that! It was the funniest thing I had ever seen!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  09:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Jack is our minature dachshund he is 1 1/2 yrs old- he knows when I am happy or sad- his tail wags all the time- except when he gets into trouble! He is so darn cute I can't hardly stand it!
He brings me GREAT joy! I love the way his tail wagsI He understands me so well.
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  09:58:51 AM  Show Profile
We had a "Smiling" weiner dog when I was growing up. I actually trained him to do that when he wanted a bite of whatever I was eating. (I also taught him to SNEEZE the same way). It was SO FUNNY to watch people's faces when we would be having get togethers, or it was just the family (consisting of Mom, step-Dad, me and sister). We'd be sitting at the table having dinner and the dog would start sneezing, then smiling, sneezing, then smiling.... They were so BAFFLED! My mom would say "What the h*^%'s WRONG with that dog?" I, of course would be laughing so hard I'd nearly fall out of my chair! It was YEARS before I finally confessed to my mom that I'D been the one to teach to dog to do that!!!

Critters are such a hoot, and I don't think dogs are the ONLY ones that have such a sense of humor! Ever watch a group of goats? Even the BIG girls let loose now and then, and there is nothing funnier than watching a FULL GROWN ewe bouncing on all four legs (like a lamb) across the pasture! Too funny! ~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  8:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of goats, when I worked at a petting zoo, the goats would run up a sliding board, then sit down and slide back down. They would also get on the picnic table and play King of the Hill. I think goats are really furry elves. And if you want to see smiling dogs, there is a magazine, The Bark, that features two pages of smilers in each issue.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  11:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Our dogs have no tails.
but they kinda wiggle there cute little butts.
They are corgi's
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  03:24:47 AM  Show Profile
YEA!

I also subscribe to The Bark

Just too lazy to submit a photo
Go to Top of Page

ravengirl
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

eileen
nevada city california
USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  3:31:22 PM  Show Profile
well yes.... but my dogs crazy... she is hilarious..
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Does your dog... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page