Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Random thing at night Next Topic  

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  1:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
About 2 weeks ago I went to sleep then at 12am I woke up thinking I had a pain in my head then because of my anxiety convinced my hardly awoken self that I was having a stroke (don't laugh please lol) I know it is SILLY but that is anxiety. Then as I was awake my heart was pounding like I had ran a marathon (super hard) and I was burning up and swore I'd die from being too hot and my heart exploding from pounding. These were the symptoms, but I had never had this before. It wasn't a panic attack, totally. I imagine it was something like a night terror or hot flash or something. It almost felt like I was having an allergic reaction. Any ideas? I know I sound looney :-p It was very very scary.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  1:27:59 PM  Show Profile
Is it possible that you were having a nightmare and forgot what you were dreaming about as soon as you woke up? I've woken up from bad dreams with my heart racing in fear, but not as bad as what you describe.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  1:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Bridget- I have had things like that happen to me and the doctor told me they are intense panic attacks. Perhaps you were dreaming about something that sent you into a panic attack and you woke up in the middle of it? My heart pounds so hard when I have panic attacks- it hurts! My chest tightens and I always feel like I am having a heart attack! *hugs* Hope you feel better now!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  2:05:36 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a panic attack to me...I've only ever had one, and it was while at work. They tested me for MS!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  2:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Id have to totally agree with the other girls. I get panic attacks alot and the ones I get while I am sleeping have often left me wondering about a stroke or the likes. I break out in a wet, am wicked tired, and my heart is racing like crazy. It takes a while to regroup afterwards. Even though I dont always remember what I was dreaming about, it is always hard to gain my composure to be able to go to sleep.

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

C.W.
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Chelsea
Prosser WA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  3:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Be careful, a girlfriend of mine just had a minor stroke last week. She is only 26, they think it resulted from a bad chiropractic adjustment. If you are still feeling 'off' maybe you should get checked out.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  6:43:16 PM  Show Profile
I agree that it sounds like a panic attack. I get them and feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I used to take meds. for them but now I take skullcap, an herbal remedy. It works and doesn't fog up my head like the meds. If you can recognize one just before it hits, you can learn to somewhat control them. Of course, that's hard to do when you're asleep and just woke up from a dream. Ask yourself if anything--even those seemingly inconsequential things--has changed in your life recently. Also, if it was the dream that caused it, tell yourself before you go to bed that you're going to remember your dreams. It takes practice, but it works. Good luck and hope it doesn't happen again!
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  3:54:18 PM  Show Profile
i get sever nightmares boardering on night terrors when im pmsing and have that happen minus the head pain. hope everything is ok

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  04:10:56 AM  Show Profile
I have had that in the past too. I even got up and sat for awhile, taking deep breaths and trying to slow downmy heart. It took awhile. I think mine may have been hormonal since I was in my forties and early fifties at the time. Sometimes medications will cause this too....have you begun taking anything new? A friend of min had that when he took meds to lower his cholestoral.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  8:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh... I have been doing this too. But I sit straight up thinking I am not breathing or having a heart attack. I am prone to panic attacks though, and take medication for them.... but this while I am falling asleep panic attacks are new, and I don't like them at all! I would still go to the doctor though if you have never had them before jsut to run it all by them.

Hugs!

~Kristi
Farmgirl #474

"Grown men may learn from very little children, for the hearts of little children are pure, and, therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss" ~Black Elk
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Random thing at night Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page