Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Sadie Mae Belle Kicked The Bucket
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sadie Mae Belle Kicked The Bucket Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  06:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Yep, she's gone and done it. She was being antsy while I was milking her and her foot landed in the bucket and it went all over the place. That's ok because I have 3 mops out there to clean it up. Sophie, Zoe and Bubba. The dogs love goat milk and they always get the first few squirts. So they got it all cleaned up for me. That's the first time for her and now they have all kicked the bucket at least one time! She's officially in the "Bucket Club".

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  08:11:25 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, you scared me. You know what we all thought when we read "kicked the bucket". I was afraid she had gone on to meet my grandma, Sadie Ida Belle. Grandma was such a lady, she would have never kicked the bucket. Tell Sadie Mae Belle that she must behave like a lady.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  09:45:05 AM  Show Profile
LOL Krisitn this is funny.. I also thought you were experiencing another animal loss..I can just picture this incident!

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Grandmas are mom's with more icing.
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  09:51:33 AM  Show Profile
haha that's cute. and i'm glad you didn't lose another animal.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  11:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, you have no idea how I needed this laugh today!! Thank you..what a hoot and these names...Oh I just love them all...'the bucket club!!! cracks me up!! You are a gem!! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  12:54:17 PM  Show Profile
And ya'll just don't know how much I have laughed at all your funny replies!! I could not think of any other way to put it. She did kick the bucket. I told my son-in-law and he said "What? No way, she can't be." He thought the same thing, too. No, she is just fine as frog hair, as my hubby says. This is her first time to be on the milk stand and she's been great so far, but I think she had eaten all her feed. When that happens, they get fidgity and start kicking. Ya gotta keep those girls busy. But she is going to be my best milker. Her udder is so perfect. And to think I had wanted to sell her. Not now. Even though she kicked over her first bucket, that's fine with me, as long as she gives good milk.

Thanks for all the concern, ya'll. Sorry to alarm everyone. Just thought I'd start some fun here. I'll tell her what you said, Belle!

Happy Sunday! Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I couldn't believe the topic. I thought "no way, Kris wouldn't sound so cold about it, she loves her goats". I was smiling as I read your post. Glad to hear she is going to be such a great milker.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:20:34 PM  Show Profile
Kris, you are tooo funny. I am glad the dogs were there for clean up duty. When my goats do that, I am the one that has to clean it up!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  1:29:34 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, Cindy. I couldn't help myself with that one.

Gena, you need some dogs, then. I also have 2 or 3 cats out there, too. So there are bowls of milk all over for them. With Bubba, the bigger dog, I squirt milk on the stand and he licks it up. It's fun to get him in the snout! He just licks it off and keeps going. But they are a great clean up crew. Just wish they could sweep, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  7:31:06 PM  Show Profile
Kris,
HaHa!!

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  8:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! What a great way to turn a frustrating situation into humor! When I was milking the goats on the horse ranch I had that happen to me a couple of times. My dog was always happy- me not so much! Especially when I got soaked by the milk in the process! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  06:21:25 AM  Show Profile
I usually am wearing milk by the time I'm done. With splatters and all it ends up on me. That's why I don't go out there with good clothes on. They all did good this morning. It started out with the sun shining here!! We haven't seen the sun in days. But now it's clouding up again.

Son-inlaw just called. He works up the road here and they are going to the cattle sale today. He wanted to know how many I wanted. If he can get day old calves for less than $25 I told him I'd take a few bulls. I can raise them on goat milk and then sell them when they are weaned. I have thought about doing that to make a little money. I have plenty od goat milk and they seem to thrive on it. My other 2 are about over 700 pounds now at 10 months old. And just grass fed now. So I hope I get a few bulls.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kris- at the ranch I worked at we would get some bulls every year and give them the goats milk. Never used any milk replacer and they did great too! I hope you get some bulls too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  2:36:58 PM  Show Profile
He just came home empty handed. I am kind of glad. I could use a few more weeks. I'll have lots more milk by then. And my 2 calves did great on the goat milk too. They never had scours or got sick. Even now their rear ends are clean. Even their tails. Usually cows tails are caked with poop. But I love to look at their rears. I know, kinda weird, but they have pretty rears for cows. I'm just a little proud of my babies!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sadie Mae Belle Kicked The Bucket Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page