Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 I've never done a prayer request...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I've never done a prayer request... Next Topic  

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  6:08:30 PM  Show Profile
... but there is a first time for everything.

i have two actually.
1) my fiance is applying for the police department. its something i know he would be great at and would be great for him. not to mention it would help us out, and get me moved quicker (we live five hours from each other) may 1st (this friday) he has his panel interview.
he's on the forth step or so out of nine and we have a ways to go.

2) my health has been less than desirable the last week. i have sarcoidosis, i have to be tested yearly and right now i am waiting to find out if it is in remission or not. but in the meantime i have been unable to breath for almost a week. its not fun.

any prayers or well wishes will be appreicated and loved.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  7:42:23 PM  Show Profile
I would be honored to pray for you and your guy
Tammyb #541
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  7:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
BIG prayers and good vibes coming your way.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  03:12:25 AM  Show Profile
thank you guys, that really means a lot.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  08:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Karen, you all will be in my prayers. I hope he gets that job, I know long distance romance can be hard (I did that for over 4 years). I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  12:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Anytime is a good time to start praying. I will say a prayer for you and your fiance. I hope you are feeling better. That is a nasty illness.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  12:25:37 PM  Show Profile
I will pray for you and your fiance.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile
You are both in my prayers, we all need a little help once in a while.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Sending prayers and best wishes from Germany!

Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  1:08:46 PM  Show Profile
thank you all. i just found out today that i have to go in to get my test result...never a good sign. it means a lot to me that people would take time out of their own lives to send some wellness to others and be concerned for them. esp when so many people have their own problems to deal with. i will keep you all in my prayers for the kindness you have shown me.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  3:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Karen,
I am sending up prayers for you and your fiance.
Hope your test results are good.
Bunches of hugs from Michigan,
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  7:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Prayers ascending!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  04:45:31 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to you and your fiance. Thank you for asking us to pray for you! You are on my list!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  9:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much. Daniel (my fiance) did pretty well on his panel interview today. He was told when he left that he would hear from them in a few weeks. But they called back this afternoon and told him he did really well and that the polygraph was the next step, so hes now on step 6 of 9. I'm so excited! I can only hope he gets the job. It's one of the reasons we decided to push the wedding back until next year because if he does get into the academy it runs around the time we plan on getting married.

I really do keep praying every night for this (God's probably a bit tired of me by now) but i would hate for him to get so close to the end and be cut last minute. But so far he's doing great. I'm trying not to jinks it, I know ultimately it is in God's hands. But the poor boy does need a break.

Thank you all so so so much.

As for me, ehh. I'm better then i'm not. but i have gotten some grat adive.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  08:25:32 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I will be praying, too. Just saw this, so hope all is well. I have never heard of your illness before. I sure hope it goes into remission. Does the breathing have anything to do with it?

And I am happy for your guy. If he gets in does that mean you will get married earlier?

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Kris, Sarcoidosis is what had contributed it Bernie Mac's death late last year. It's an auto-immune disease in the same family as MS. It can attack any organ but is most prevalent in the lungs. I have some scare tissues from the treatment i had done a few years back. Even in remission it can still cause inflammation in the body. And unfortunately can still affect my breathing from time to time.

If he gets in we are still going to wait till next year. We decided to get married on his great grand parents anniversary (which next year if there were still alive would be their 102) he's named after him and we are trying to get the Church for the wedding that his great grand father had built in Cherokee NC. I don't want him having the added stress of the final planning stages put on him during his time in the academy. But it means i will be able to move out there sooner.

my job is phasing out full time people so when i move there's a chance Ill have to take a pay cut in hours. its all really complicated. i've tried finding a job out there but everyone seems concerned with me being out of state. Even though i have a lace to stay. can only wait it out for now.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:00:18 PM  Show Profile
everyone was so nice and helpful.
in reguards to my fiance he is doing well, fingers crossed and prayers said, he is going for his polygraph wed afternoon. i can only hope he does as well then as he did last time. he's going into step 6 of 9 so please keep praying.

as for me, i still won't know anything until wed, i can only pray that if it does turn out to be bad that its reversable and please no steriods. as i was told I'm in God's hands here.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  06:05:24 AM  Show Profile
What we sent out in the world to others comes back to us 10fold.

No matter if we pray for our own friends and relatives or for complete srangers-- God knows who you are and will lift you up accordingly.

My prayes also go out to you and your fiance
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:45:08 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE!!

according to the allergist i may have voical chord spasms which are making it hard to breath and seem like asthma symptoms. its something that high strung, perfectionest woman develope sometimes. im just happy to have a doctor offer another choice than more drugs and get out.

as far as my blood work not so good. seems my liver level where high.
thing is i have been taken buffrin pretty regualarly for the past month or so. i didnt realize it could do anything to your liver i only thought acetometaphine would. atleast i believe its the buffrin. unfortunitly i didnt think about it until after more blood was drawn and i was at home. so for now i have to wait for the results again and then explain the situtation and try again.

please pray that it's nothing more seriouse. my poor fiance is going to worry himself sick about me and its making me feel guilty for it.

Karen ^_^

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I've never done a prayer request... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page