Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile
if I am not expecting will it hurt if I take prenatal vitamins?
Normal everday vitamins for women make me very nauseated. I sometimes take my husband's but someone told me that I really shouldn't be. I'm not sure why. They really don't do much for me, but I figured some vitamins that didn't do anything were better that taking none at all that really didn't do anything.

The only time that I've ever felt good and had good results with vitamins is with prenatals.

Thanks for your input.:D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  5:30:03 PM  Show Profile
They will not hurt you....but fair warning...your "girls" are going to feel as hard as rocks until everything evens itself out!!!! You'll probably be a bit sore just like if you were pregnant for a while. On the plus side your hair will probably start growing and be nice and shiny!!!!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  6:03:55 PM  Show Profile
I don't know about anyone else, but prenatal vitamins always made me sick to my stomach. Good luck finding a vitamin that works for you.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  6:23:46 PM  Show Profile
well, I think for the energy boost and the benefit, I might be willing to put up with the 'rockies'...lol
Prenatals always make me sick too, but then once I got anemia all that iron that was causing the nausea, had a place to go and it wasn't so bad. I've tried all kinds: Centrum, Women's Daily, and even Flinstones with no luck. I am hoping this will help.
Thanks for your input ladies. It is much appreciated!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  10:31:37 PM  Show Profile
If you are looking for a boost, try liquid b vitamins.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  04:04:56 AM  Show Profile
Jessie.
I have recently found a great vitamin that does not make me sick and makes a HUGE difference in my energy levels. It is called "Supermom" and it is sold by beeyoutiful.com. It is a bit pricey up front but remember your buying a 3 month supply. I would try it. I am pregnant and I am still taking those....my midwife says they are just as good as prenatals. Good Luck!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  06:38:55 AM  Show Profile
Misty--
I will look into those. Pricey is an issue for me right now, but I will can look into those and keep them in mind when it isn't such an issue.

Trish-- do you find that Vitamin B makes you ansy at all? I used to take a Super B complex, and it made me so edgy and even gave me the shakes. Does it make a difference that it was a B complex? Maybe just a plain old B vitamin?? Is there such a thing? :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Just Wondering Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page