Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  11:57:10 AM  Show Profile
I bought four of them about a month ago, they are just the best, nice tight fit and I can see whats in them.
Got a little carried away today. Went a got a big grocery order, baked an apple pie and two dozen oatmeal cookies. Also put a chicken in the oven in that VERY HEAVY new roasting pan of mine, the pretty yellow one? Oh I forgot I made a potato salad this morning too. Guess what we are having for dinner? That's right, hamburgers. Well I had some hamb. left over from yesterday so have to cook it. The chicken will be good for eating in various ways over the next few days.I have to ask Richard how much coffee he put in the pot this morning.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  12:06:46 PM  Show Profile
You are going to crash tonight!!!! I like the canisters where did you get them? Hey, hoe about the next time you have that much energy you come to my house!lol Kidding aside I love to have days like that. get so much done. I need a few of those days now.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  12:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Tina,
The canisters are made by ANCHOR HOCKING. I got them at K-MART. I usually have alot of energy, but today was a little out there!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  12:23:16 PM  Show Profile
I really love your yellow pitcher. It looks so pretty with the flowers. Hey, why not haver burgers, chicken and potato salad? They are all good together!

And speaking of containers, I am hooked on some I get from Target that have a lid that locks down on four sides. They come in all sizes, are plastic and I use them for frefigerator stuff. I love them!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Apr 27 2009 12:24:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  1:42:50 PM  Show Profile
~~ A couple years ago, Kmart also had a very nifty cannister set, each Big container was about $4.00 each. And they kept dry things Dry!! ~~

There are also some neat ones, at of all places, Dollar General. I've used their Big ol' cannisters for quite a few years, they are big, with a large mouth at 'em (tom sez I'm the one with the big mouth, but never mind him...) so cleaning them isn't hard to do.

Sometimes I also check out a Bargain Discount (sounds repetitive..) Warehouse, that sells close-out items. They have some good jars and pint containers on Really Good Discount -- like $2.00 for a 2 gallon jar. Ollies is the name of the place, so check one out if you get the chance.

Laurianne >> P.S. -- don' talk to me about coffee...toms a truck driver, so you can imagine what our morning coffee's like. I've asked some days if he's added water to the pot...
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  5:59:34 PM  Show Profile
I do like the yellow pitcher with flowers. Soft yellow like that is just so warm and fuzzy. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  6:19:11 PM  Show Profile
However much Richard put in that pot this morning, I wanna know so I can have that much energy tomorrow...lol I might be able to keep up with the kids for a change. :D
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Love these canisters. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page