Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thank you, Thank you and Thank YOU!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you, Thank you and Thank YOU! Next Topic  

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  7:43:18 PM  Show Profile

Dear everyone involved with MJ’s farm (including readers),

I have just had one of the best days I have had for a long time!

I knew doing "business" with Ms Renee Groom (THE sisterhood coordinator) was going to be everything but "business" but I had no idea it was going to be so much fun when I agreed to "work" the Prosser Farmchick booth today at the Spring Barrel Wine Tasting.

It was chilly and windy, but I was having the time of my life. How cool to be at a festival and talk to woman of all walks of life about being a Farmgirl! I made the greatest connections with my fellow Farmchicks at the booth. ~ Ms. Terra, YOU ROCK! I have to quote the wonderfully super WoW woman herself, Ms. Renee, "Circumstances made us friends, MJ made us sisters".

Thank you, all you farmgirls on the forum, I bragged to so many ladies today 'bout you. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all the respect and encouragement you ladies give. Here I can feel like a dirty, grubby, on the edge of insanity (from trying to repurpose everything) Farmgirl and am always reminded I am not alone.

THANK YOU MS. RENEE GROOM for being such an incredible open mind/ open heart loving lady! Your powers go immeasurable and your acceptance opens doors across the globe.

Thank you Ms. Mary Jane Butters for giving us this universal platform to express ourselves so openly and freely.

Thank you everybody behind the scene of Mary Jane' s farm and all of her family for all your work, effort and sacrifice to make it all happen; from this forum to every page in every magazine to all the amazing layouts in every book to the merit badge classes.

You have made a fantastic difference in my life and motivate me to be better and thrive!

In Gratitude,
Heide StrangeSky Lambert

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  8:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
WOW Heide,
Thank you so very much, I am always amazed by the many ways you choose to honor me and others. You are truly a giver. We are so blessed aren't we? I have to say, for those that haven't gotten involved with a chapter, or haven't started a chapter yet... I hope you do so, we (Prosserfarmchicks) have had so much fun, and made so many new "sisters". Sisters we may not have found, had it not been through the common thread of being "farmgirls". I often think we may seem like such a diverse group when someone is just looking in on us, but we are joined at the heart no doubt.I notice that when we are together, we tend to become a magnet to people. I think they sense the connection and are drawn to that, and the laughter........

I cant wait for farmgirls from all over to come to Farm Fair so that I can meet you, but more so that I can introduce you to the amazing women I have been blessed with in my chapter....... My sisters.........these women that my heart would have missed if we had never met.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  9:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thought you would enjoy this photo of Heide visiting with a couple of "shoppers" also in the picture is prosserfarmgirl Kristin ( Midwife extraordinaire) she is in the ball cap.....

The photo was taken today at the Spring Barrel tasting out at prosserfarmgirl Susan Cowan's winery...

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Apr 25 2009 9:59:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  07:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Although I'm not very close in miles, I am close in feelings and DITTO from me for all you so wonderfully expressed, Heidi! My sentiments exactly!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  07:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like you had so much fun! I wish I could have come!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  08:08:00 AM  Show Profile
It was a blast! As you can tell from the picture, I am always lovin' yappin' (about growing organic food).

I think that if you don't know of a chapter in your area, you need to start one. We meet every 3rd thursday of every month (we leave our children and husbands at home) and snack at a different Farmchicks house (we have even met at a winery) and talk about a predetermined topic like, square foot gardening, vertical gardening and sewing (most are suggested activities from MJ's Mags) etc.

Many of us look forward to it through the whole month. I would of never met these women whom I have so much in common with (because I never get out, between the family and the farm, who has time?) I can't tell you how cool it is to be "involved" with these women in my community (that I didn't even know that were there).

I believe a core of the women in our chapter where gathered through advertising the chapter at the local Farmers Market. So seriously, if you want to start a chapter, contact Renee and I am sure she will give you super helpful ideas how to promote it and get the henhouse full of happy cluckin chicks in no time.

You won't regret it.

Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  12:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sandra,
I feel the same... I think so many of th girls that I have "met" but never met in person, have enriched my life so much. I love the feeling that I always walk away with after being on this farmgirl Connection; that feeling that there is a place that is "safe, and fun, and filled with amazing women doing amazing things, who teach, and learn and master the world around them. It makes me feel that there isnt nothing I can't do!

Go to Top of Page

Gardengal
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Terra
Prosser Wa
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  08:44:21 AM  Show Profile
Heidi,

You truly are a special person, so funny how people meet...the when, the where, and all of that..It was a blessing we ran into each other, and so completely wonderful that it turned into this great friendship. I feel very blessed to have you and Rene in my life, and the more farmchicks I meet, the more I am reminded how wonderful friendship is. Thank you for all of your positive influence, and your beautiful smile! ~Terra

It's the little things...
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you, Thank you and Thank YOU! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page