JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:36:18 AM  Show Profile
This is a question about spirituality - I guess specifically Christianity - that has been bothering me for a long time. Since I respect everyone's point of view here and could really use some advice, I thought I'd throw a question out and see what everyone has to say.
I was "born again" in 2004, in that the pastor of our local church and his wife stopped by our house, asked me if I had been saved, shared the plan of salvation with me, and had me say a prayer asking Jesus to come into my heart. After that, they said I was "saved." But I never felt any different at all. In fact, I kind of felt like a hypocrite...I started going to church and Bible studies and stuff but never felt anything. I wanted to talk to someone about it, but that church was VERY strict and small, and I never felt comfortable speaking to about my doubts. I was afraid they might cast me out or something.
Then when we moved away, we joined a new church. While I really love the people and the message they share, I still don't feel "saved." God or Jesus rarely cross my mind, unless it's to feel guilty about not praying or doing a Bible study or something. When something bad (or even good) happens, I never think about praying. And while I try to live a good life and be a good person, I don't feel I'm doing it for any reason other than because I want to...not because God wants me to.
I want - MORE THAN ANYTHING - to become a person of spirituality. I surround myself with spiritual books and try to read them, I bought a Bible and joined an online Bible study, and find myself really drawn to religious relics and items...almost as if I buy them, something inside me will change and I'll finally breach whatever it is that is holding me back.
While my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) are Catholic, I grew up in a house that was somewhere between Atheist and Agnostic. I'm wondering if sometime during my youth some door closed on my brain / soul / spirit (whatever you call it) where now I'm too old and cynical to be "saved" and become a person of spirituality (I'm 32 now).
What do you all think? Can it be too late to change in such a radical way?

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:52:29 AM  Show Profile
Too late? NEVER-unless there is no breath left in you.

Many times we humans try to "get folks saved" and forget that God himself draws people to Himself-He is obviously drawing you.
The really great thing about our God- the Creator of the universe- is that you can trust Him to do what He says-save you.
Feeling different is troubling but the truth is that if you have cried out to Him for salvation He will grant it.

It will never be about YOU "doing all the right things"-some churches will decide your salvation for you if you let them- but God says if you seek -you WILL find- SEEK Him!
Ask Him-He Will answer

Mt 7:7 ¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Re 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Speaking of Jesus the bible says-
Ac 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Continue to seek Him and He will direct you-reading the gospels- mainly the gospel of John- will give you some understanding of the simplicity of Christ.
God bless you on your journey!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:27:23 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Autumn; it is never too late.
Sometimes we need to be quiet and listen to that small voice.
You can't be saved by good works; it is about a personal relationship with Jesus and regardless of what others may tell you, I don;t believe this must happen in a "church"
Just give your self time and perhaps find another Christian who is further along in their walk and they can help you in your seeking.
Know that I am praying for you and don't give up as you are obviously being called
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:27:41 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Mae, talk about not just 'throwing' something out there but taking instead this enormous boulder and hurling it Highland Style!!!

This is such a passionate subject electrifying the very core of how many people define who they are, so it is wise to tread gently here.

Of all the things to discuss and consider, this topic is hands down, my favorite! I'm a novice when it comes to spiritual matters, but I am a completely devoted student of Life.

First and foremost, your age is irrelevant, so is your past, your upbringing, all the books on your shelf, the icons you collect, the people in your Church past and present, bible study, guilt and so forth. This isn't to say that those things aren't important, they may very well be but for now they act only as reminders to the emptiness you sense.

"to be saved' I know what it means....what you seek is much bigger. May I suggest you put being saved on the shelf with those empty books for the moment.

I have 2 questions for you:
1. Are you a human being seeking a spiritual experience or are you a spiritual being having a human experience? (it is my belief that you are the latter but you've been guided to travel the path of the former.)

The second question addresses your current approach which is to seek God, Jesus, Spirit outside of yourself. God, as an omnipotent entity in Heaven watching and listening. Jesus, His only Son sitting beside Him waiting to mediate. Spirit a swirling vapor of holiness surrounding you at all times that serves to remind you of its intangibility but constant presence. This trinity has been taught for centuries and there are some wonderful lessons there but may I suggest you shelve this too.

2. JessieMae, when seeking Spirit, God whatever you want to call 'it' the first question to my mind is, "Who are YOU?"

I would encourage you to seek yourself....If you are puzzled and don't know how to begin let me know. I suspect you already know. I suspect you are already on the path but like Rebekka Teal's story in the most recent MaryJane magazine about going "out there" amongst all those slithering snakes, you're a bit nervous. This is a new course, an unchartered one, something uncomfortable and a bit scary. However, you've shown enormous courage by putting the question "out there" so clearly, you've taken the first step. I applaud you and support you unconditionally. Your path to God is your own but in order to get there you must know yourself. I suspect when you start peeling all the layers that are completely useless, things like guilt, self-loathing, sin, not measuring up, a lack of this or that, you'll find the true Jessie Mae and you'll be willing to say that you are all these unique and cherished treasures...I can't wait!!!

It is a humble but opinionated heart (I'm working on it!) that I write this! Blessings always wrapped with bows of peace! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:35:56 AM  Show Profile
For me, I try to follow the Dalai Lama who has said "Kindness is my religion." I have found that that allows me a certain peace within myself. I find organized religion is very divisive. It is so hard in these times to even pay attention to things, we are so constantly bombarded with bad news, I tend to step back and try to do the best that I can in my own small circle of life.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:37:25 AM  Show Profile
I got the book for you, and one better, you can find it on cd, so you can listen to her. It is
"Spiritual Madness" by Caroline Myss.
She is amazing. She doen't care what "religion" you are, she cares about your soul and wants it to feel "whole". Which sounds like your issue. Your a good person, with great intentions, but a feeling of disattachment. . .
Please go get her book, you will really enjoy it. I think it will help big time. I find her very inspiring and helpful in connecting with my own soul to our creator. She has her PhD in spirituality and isn't against christianity but tends to combine many worldly beliefs.
I know the "darkness" you are talking about, keep searching what gives you warmth and light and you will begin connecting. It is never too late!
Best,
h
ok two more authors,
Eckart Tolle, The power of now
and
Wayne Dyer, any of his stuff is great.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
well said Julia!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile
At risk of stepping on toes I will say in my experience being a christian doesn't mean going to church or even reading the bible but in believing in the Lord and trusting in him/her. Some of the most unchristian people I have ever met I met in church. At a Christian Camp in the mountains there was a sign on a tree that said simply "GOD IS......" When I am in doubt I think of all the things that that sign can mean, I can think on that simple sign for hours.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:51:19 AM  Show Profile
Jessi Mae,
A new christain is like being a newborn. You have to be feed spiritualy to grow. Maybe at that church you were not feed. Jesus said I am the way no one gets to heaven but through me. I think maybe you need a mentor. Maybe an older woman in the church. Find someone that is older and wiser than you and just ask her. Thats what I did when I became a christain. I was raised catholic and never heard salvation told like it was when I went to the church that I attend now. I will be praying for you!!!!

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:57:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, heavens! I was raised in a Christian church, but my background is so mixed - I have ancestors that traveled to Utah with Brigham Young, my maternal great-grandfather was Christian Science and my father's family was Catholic - so I occasionally get very mixed up. I've been to many different churches and finally went back to the one I was raised in because I just don't feel comfortable in any others.

My hubby, friend and I were discussing this sort of thing over the weekend. A dear friend of mine whom I've known since 5th grade died the day before Easter. One of the women in my women's group said she had dreamed about Jeanette and knew she was about to leave us and that she was always getting signs. I have been very upset since then because I have had so many people in my life die and have never been given a "sign". I just wanted to know that everything is okay. My friend said I was one of the most spiritual people she knew and to not worry about it. I have never considered myself that way and was surprised to hear her say that. So I guess spirituality is different for each person.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile
Heide's idea is GREAT! I think I am going to check out that book too!

Sometimes you just need to find the path or combination of paths that fit YOU. Even within Christianity one person's beliefs and another person's beliefs can differ greatly, and your heart can't pretend what it doesn't feel. But don't feel bad about that! You need to find what brings you peace and happiness.

It definitely is never to late!

Many Hugs!

~Kristi
Farmgirl #474

"Grown men may learn from very little children, for the hearts of little children are pure, and, therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss" ~Black Elk
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:09:43 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

well said Julia!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

I totally agree too! Well said!

~Kristi
Farmgirl #474

"Grown men may learn from very little children, for the hearts of little children are pure, and, therefore, the Great Spirit may show to them many things which older people miss" ~Black Elk
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:15:38 AM  Show Profile
Have faith, Keep seeking, you will find it may not come as a loud marching band. But it will come. Trust in God. He's already there, you just need to believe it and thats the hard part. People don't want to believe in what they can't see. But everyone believes in wind. Have faith, Trust the Lord. Enjoy the journey.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:44:01 AM  Show Profile
I believe that there are many paths to God but they all get there. There isn't any one way to get there. My advice is to follow your heart. I also believe that when we need a teacher or an inspiration it is provided for us. I was raised staunch Lutheran. I am not comfortable with organized religion because it is so much politics within the church itself and way too much judgement for my taste. I don't believe that one needs to convert others to be a good Christian. Do check out Carolyn Myss's material. I like Anatomy of the Spirit, Sacred Contracts and Self Esteem. If you get Sacred Contracts I would advise you to get the CD's with it. The book is more like a text book with the program and until I listened to the CD's I had difficulty reading it. All are VERY valuable to answering your questions on spirituality without embracing a certain dogma. What it all boils down to is GOD is. We are all part of the totality of the Universe therefore also a part of God. In my humble opinion, as long as you treat everything and everyone as a piece of God then you are truly spiritual.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:48:42 AM  Show Profile
This is one of the most beautiful threads I've followed in a long time. I'm loving all the opinions and responses of everyone here! One theme that I noticed running in the posts here is 'seek or seeking'.

Jessie, I've felt like this too. I would guess that you are already on the journey towards your answer.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:06:05 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, that was beautiful! Truly! You put in words how I feel deep down inside!

~Kristi
Farmgirl #474

Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  11:24:40 AM  Show Profile
I love reading everybody's posts here. I'm not sure what to add of my own but, I felt like you once, Jessie. When I went through the same ritual you described as a teenager at bible camp. I felt no different afterward and wondered if it even worked. Later, in my 20's I went through it again, thinking that because I never felt this relationship I had heard other's describe, I must be missing something. Or, I was never "saved" to begin with or, if not those two things then, I had no idea what to do about it. I still never felt any different. I continued seeking God, praying when I needed something and praying to thank him for what ever I had or got. I'm not really sure when it happened or why or what it was I did that I now feel very close to God and I feel He/She has guided my life to where I am now. Sometime in the past 10 years. That He/She has provided for all of my needs. Well, I suppose I should say that the opportunities were provided. I had to be paying attention to take advantage of what I was being given at the time. I feel now that He/She has plans for me and I am doing my best to listen and follow what I feel in my heart.

I do go to church but, I by no means believe that anyone has to in order to become close with God. I go because this particular church drew me to it and I feel God's presence there and I feel peace and direction there. I rarely read my bible and can quote very few verses from it. I don't feel any guilt about that though, because what I know is in my heart...not in a book.

I don't know if that is of any help to you

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  12:48:28 PM  Show Profile
I had a post prepared a few hours ago and erased it, because I felt like maybe I was the only one who felt the way I did, but I can see now that I'm not alone. MJF truly is a sisterhood, in more ways than one, I think.

There is a church that we used to visit when I was small, in New Harmony, Indiana that has no roof. It's a large brick shell with windows, that the big blue sky and green leaves shelter. As a little girl, I felt the "presence" of the lord there like no other place, and continue to feel that presence when I stand with my toes in the sea, when I look at my baby girl. Faith and spirituality are in the fine threads we weave everyday, how we conduct ourselves, how we give of ourselves.

I don't attend church any longer in the physical sense...I was raised in church, but only my mother and I attended (my father said he'd had enough in the 1920's--he was Native American, and they tried to make good Catholics out of them :)) so he refused. But, I soon found out on my own, even as a small child, what prejudices lie within the church, and from a very early age I lost heart and faith in my church "community". I attended because I had to...my mother made me :)

As a young adult in boarding school in Michigan, I didn't bother seeking out a church because my mother wasn't there to look over my shoulder, but there was something more....the people I had surrounded myself with--my "family" away from home, weren't looked upon favorably by the church--in fact, they were ostracized. The people I knew and loved as devoted friends and kindred spirits, dancers, musicians, artists, etc...the church viewed as sinners, heretics and "unclean". I just couldn't figure out how that could be. These people had more compassion and passion about life and each other than any of the people in my church at home?!

After a divorce, I went back to the church, seeking solace, community and strength. Also direction--this happened to me because I was bad, right, because I was a "backslider" or not faithful enough? But like Jessie, I sort of felt like I was going through the motions--I wasn't putting in what I needed to get out, really, and I'm no hypocrit, so I stopped going.

In sum, I don't attend church in a building. I find a lesson in my everyday life--my faith is tested and strengthened by trials and humbling experiences that I am met with daily. I do my best to be a good person, and I will always make mistakes and stumble. I forgive myself, and I try to do better. Those are the foundations that I received in church, but I've modified them for my own purposes, I suppose.

A couple of verses come to mind, Jessie...
"Seek and ye shall find", and "to thine own self be true".

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  1:12:04 PM  Show Profile
God is not equal to religion.

Just wanted to clear that up.
People created the divisions among us- God, on the other hand CREATED US!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  1:16:34 PM  Show Profile
That's a very interesting question. Spirituality is very personal as I believe God speaks to us in very unique ways. Some feel closest to God and hear His/Her voice in the sounds of nature, while going for a hike, gardening. Some feel closest to God and hear His/Her voice while taking part of a Praise/worship service, others while meditating quietly.

I once read that all faiths have the truth of God in them but the words that Jesus spoke give us the most complete picture of God.

Regardless, the majority of faiths, at their root say the same thing. Treat each other kindly, respect each other, be compassionate, do good with your time here on earth. I think if most people lived by those rules this world would be a much better place.

I was raised Catholic and still feel most comfortable attending that church, however, I have read and learned about other faiths and see the similarities other than the differences.

I think what many Christians forget is that we are not perfect and we can not be perfect. They judge harshly others in their faith communities when they have absolutely no right to. I think it's hard for a Christian to put up with the critism and judgments of other Christians and so they leave thier faith communities with broken and bitter hearts. I have little use for the people who are mightier than thou, cruelty is never acceptable.

But I guess to get back to the original question where I feel God the most is out in nature, that is my soul place. I view myself as spiritual in that I absolutely believe in God and that God is always there.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  5:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jessie my prayers will be with you. Autumn was very right. God is drawing you to him. WE are in no way capable of choosing God unless HE calls us to himself. (Romans 3:10-12) We are born in sin and adversity and are in no way attracted to salvation from Christ who gave HIMSELF for us. The first step to Salvation is realizing that we are not able to save ourselves and that we are sinners bound for eternity in hell. It sounds as if you've reached this step. Now is the question...What must I do? How is this eternal salvation aquired?
The Bible says "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28
Just from what you've said it is obvious you are heavy laden and desire this sweet rest Christ gives his own.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13 Do you here how simple Christ has made this for us? in Acts 16 you will read a story of some men who sounded a little like you. IN verse 30 they ask Paul and Silas "Sirs, waht must I do to be saved"? The answer is in one verse. " Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house". Believe my dear friend. Call upon the Lord and have no doubt, he will be waiting with open arms.
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  8:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I have emailed you. Autumn and Misty, bless your hearts. Very well put.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  9:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow! There is a lot of great advice running through this post. I am also one who was raised in church - Assembly of God. I remember going to church every Sunday with my Mom. It was just a part of life. When I joined the Army, I went to chapel and it was just natural for me to get involved with the choir. I had prayed for salvation at a young age but over the years, I just did not seem to experience what I was seeing everyone else experience. The few times I remember trying to talk to someone about it, I was told I didn't have enough faith. That never made any sense. I seldom go to an established church service now. Most of my hurt and disappointments through the years have come at the hands of "church members" and proclaimed Christians.

While in the Army, I was involved with Campus Crusade for Christ (until they found out I was A/G and then I was kicked out!). There are 2 things I remember from their basic info. 1) Religion is man's attempt to reach God and Salvation is God's attempt to reach man. 2) Emotion is like the caboose of a train and faith is the engine. The caboose can not move the train, only the engine can. We will not always "feel" salvation, but we have God's Word that by faith we know He will always be there, guiding us, and directing us, just as we can know the sun is in the sky, even on a cloudy day.

Hope this helps. I'll be praying with you, as you continue your search that you will find the answers you are seeking.

Buffalomary
Farmgirl Sister #293

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!

Please visit me at my blog: http://buffalomaryscorner.blogspot.com
Please visit me at Examiner.com:
http://www.examiner.com/x-4876-Boise-PostSecondary-Education-Examiner
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  10:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Mae, you already ARE a "person of sprituality" because you are searching.

I think there are more women searching today and questioning religions which are institutions run by imperfect human beings. The other replies here are proof.

Have you ever noticed that if a piece of clothing doesn't fit a man, he will say that IT doesn't fit HIM, but a woman will find fault with herself for not fitting into IT?

If someone else's style of expression doesn't fit yours, that doesn't make you wrong. Investigate everything that interests you.

One size never fits all.

Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  10:53:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I feel like I have been to Church. You know, the one where God lives.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  11:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Rosemary I love your analogy about fit. That is so true. When most of us don't feel like we fit we assume the problem is us and not what we are trying to fit into. It's all about learning and exploring and growing. Try watching the movie 'What the ****(bleep) do we know" it has an even different view from a purely metaphysical/scientific angle about how we create our own reality. Fascinating movie. Spiritual exploration is why we are here. I agree with Julia - we are spiritual beings having a human experience here on the earth school. We are always trying to reconnect to who we really are and that is why this longing exists.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Question about Spirituality Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page