Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 keep us in your thoughts again, ,, april 28
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic keep us in your thoughts again, ,, april 28 Next Topic
Page: of 2

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  12:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message

this is a pic of me and my dh, country.
i know that you farmgirls have really gone the distance with prayers, emails and good thoughts for me, and i will be spending the rest of my life being greatful and trying to be a goodfarmgirl friend back.
in my life it has ALWAYS been a case of "when it rains, it pours", and so it seems with the cancer journey it will be the same.
as you may know i am right in the middle of chemo, after a double masectomy on jan 5 of this year.
now it seems that my dh will be evaluated for lung cancer and we will be meeting with his doctor on april 28th.
please keep us in your prayers and thoughts, and i will need extra prayers i am afraid to be strong enough to go throw this.
i have found out from my doc, that they believe as i have progressed that i should be able to drive myself to chemo and radiation. i have felt that was true, and i have driven myself once and all was well.
i dont really know much right now, and quite honestly i KNOW that i am in a bit of denial about all this.
much love to all who take the time to send a post.
my little heart refuses to be broken, but it does feel as though it has some cracks in it.

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Edited by - frannie on Apr 23 2009 01:16:18 AM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  01:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Frannie! I am SO sorry to read this!!
You both will be in my prayers, count on that.

(((Frannie and DH)))

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  01:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much, marian. i myself am feeling really well, i just sleep so much. sometimes 20 hours a day. my dh says he feels just fine, but we have all been worried about him for about 2-3 years. he has been grouchy and out of sorts, and not his "real" self.
it is 3:221 am here, what time is it there?
also a while back on one of your post i saw a pic of you and others dressed up like nuns, it was a real hoot and i laughed and laughed. as i was raised catholic, i have always had a fantasy to dress up like a nun, but have had no real reason to do so. well, not since i was a wee kiddo, but that is another story.
please tell me why you were dressed up like that. i need to know the rest of the story.
thanks again for your prayers, it means so much to me to know you are out there.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  04:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
My prayers and farmgirl hugs are with you both!!!! Do you have family living nearby?

Praying,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, my goodness. You and your sweet hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers. That is alot to have to go through.

Hugs, Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Cancer is such an ugly thing to have to go through and for the two of you together at the same time, seems like a double whammy. My dad has bladder cancer and my mom had breast cancer at the same time. I think they both stayed strong for each other. I will pray for the both of you to be strong and stay strong, they have learned a lot and new & better treatments pop up daily. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:50:09 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I am so sorry to read this, but I know, I know in my heart that this will get better. It just has to. He is your rock, I know. I wish I could just get in the car and drive down to Texas and sit with you and tabletalk and try to make it better.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:53:37 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,

I am so sorry to hear this. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and if there is anything else that I can do, please do not hesitate to ask. I think that after hearing this news my own heart has a few cracks in it.
Take care dear farm girl and please keep us posted on how things are going.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, my thoughts are with you and your hubby now. You both will be in my prayers. I hope things go well at his appt. on the 28th. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I'm so sorry to hear about this.

(((Hugs))) to you both.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for showing us your sweet picture. You are in my prayers today.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I just love that picture! So glad you posted that. I just reallY hope all this Pouring rain on your parade will STOP!!! Its nice to hear that you are doing better and can even drive now.Just know that I'll be thinking of you and DH. WE ALL CARE.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:39:19 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, My Lord, this is a lot to have to endure for anyone. I can see how much you love each other. That alone will help you both be strong and fight this dreaded disease together. May God hold you both in his loving care and I know he will give you both the strength and determination to beat this together.I will be thinking kind thoughts and praying for you both.

Love and Hugs
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:03:27 AM  Show Profile
Frannie-I will be praying that your DH's tests show him to be cancer free. I'll also be praying for your continued recovery.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
what a sweet picture! Your posts are as sweet (I am sure you are one heck of a spunky lady married to one heck of a guy).

I am sitting here imagining the struggles you and your DH have already survived, I can imagine how tired you all are. BUT I also get a strong vibe that it isn't over for you two. No instead this is a new beginning. It is all very worth it for both of you because it is clear the two of you aren't done yet. When this year is over and the two of you are healing together, you will continue to love one another and everyone around you like you never missed a beat.

Until then sleep all day, nurture you soul with kindness (to yourself) and rest your sweet heart. Take one day at a time and remember to celebrate all the small things, you triump in (like getting up to take a bath or being able to finish your meal).

Today as I go "nursing" my garden I am going to pray that you and Country are fresh, fragile seedlings that our creator holds so gently, like the little seedlings sprouting up all over the place, not knowing how well they are cared for. May your health and love for each other in this difficult time be as abundant as the sunshine, mud and rain.

Blessings and strong prayers,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I'll be thinking of you and your husband and sending best healing thoughts your way. Life certainly gets complicated sometimes, You know all the farm girls are pulling for you.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thank you all so much. i wish i really had the words to convey how much you all mean to me. the farmgirl spirit is so strong and i feel so greatful the maryjane had the thought and talents to pull us all together and create a spot where we could collectively feel our strength.
love to all.

love
frannie in texas
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Dear Precious Frannie-
I will keep your dear family in my prayers. Please gain strength from your friends here. We are sending pryaers, good vibes and well wishes your way.
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  05:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Praying and just sending big ol' farmgirl hugs. My granny was a Texan and she believed in the power of prayers and hugs to cure things, so I'm sending them now to the both of you.

I hope it rains blessings on the both of you!
Be well!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  10:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks for the thoughts and prayers. i had a 2 day visit from my little autumn grandbaby and her mom, my daughter bailey and then i think that visit wore me out, in a good way and i found myself sleeping all day today, for real. anyway i have been awake for 2 hours and now i am ready for a little more sleep. boy if i am catchin any beauty rest with all this sleep i should be a beauty queen by the time i am through all this. hehehehehehe

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind

Edited by - frannie on Apr 27 2009 1:14:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  07:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Frannie- You already ARE a beauty queen! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  11:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Frannie,

I am so sad and worried for you and your DH. I will be sending TONS of prayers, good vibes, best wishes, love, and hugs your way!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted as you can and know you are held so close by so many through this time.

Love N Prayers,
Hugs as Always,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  12:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Hugs and Prayers from Michigan are coming your way.
I am so sorry that you have to endure this. Try to stay strong and know that all those Farmgirl prayers are lifted heavenward
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  2:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - that is the best picture. You look very contented together. Praying for you both, for strength, for doctor's wisdom, and for peace of spirit, and most of all for healing.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  2:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Dear Frannie, I place you and Country on my prayer list. Remember to think about todays there are no tomorrows. Thank God for each today.
Love, Linda (a rose)

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  9:16:04 PM  Show Profile
hugs and prayers being sent from PA...
Blessings to you both...

www.createmyworld.etsy.com

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  9:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweetie, I admire your courage and optimism!!!!
You hang in there, in the meantime I will pray for you both!

Love and Hugs!!!!
Kate

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic keep us in your thoughts again, ,, april 28 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page