Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Just wondering where everyone lives?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just wondering where everyone lives? Next Topic
Page: of 3

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:01:22 AM  Show Profile
Gena, I had to go look at the map to see where Canton is. I guess we'd be maybe 60 miles N. of there. If you look on the Ga. map we are in the top left corner. I actually saw Cooper Heights. We are 8 miles S. of there. I can't believe Cooper Heights is on the map. There might be 10 houses there. How funny.

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:09:49 AM  Show Profile
I live in Northern Kentucky (Elsmere, to be exact)...in a little bedroom community with 1900's cottages and bungalows, and about an acre of land. We reside in a "tri-state" area, 15 minutes from Ohio and Indiana, bounded by the mighty Ohio River. I love our area--we've got it all. Rolling hills and farmland, and a bustling metropolitan downtown area (Cincinnati) where we can shop, eat, go the theater, symphony, etc...but that we can also just as quickly "get out" of town and go to a more rural part of the area.
We are also an hour from Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky, an hour and 1/2 from Indianapolis (another great city)and 2 hours from Columbus, Ohio, so it's great for quick "getaways".

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:30:22 AM  Show Profile
North West Georgia...Plainville Ga
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

SuzieQ
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Suzie
Texas
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:51:38 AM  Show Profile
I live in central Texas above Heather about 13 miles and it is a college town.
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:31:03 AM  Show Profile
I am in S. E. Kansas. 60 miles west of Joplin MO and 75 miles north of Tulsa OK. We are 8 miles out of town. It is a one horse town, that means all we have is a walmart. We don't even have a movie theater. Probably because too many people like us, didn't go to the movie so they shut it down. We do have a wonderful Community College. It is very "community". Ole Ron and I have taken several classes. Like greenhouse gardening and iron pot cooking. Our town is famous for the Dalton Gang. Tried to rob 2 banks at one time and the citizens grabed guns from the hardware store and, well, stopped them.
Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:37:53 AM  Show Profile
I live just off the interstate, close to UNC, the airport & the mall but on a gravel road. We have almost 2 acres of wooded property. I have a square foot garden and hope to build a small chicken coop this fall to have chickens next year (for eggs). There are 3 great farmer's markets close to me and then the huge state farmer's market about 20 miles down the interstate. Whole Foods & Trader Joe's are about 5 miles. I love where I live :)

www.ikat.org
www.longaberger.com/pamcook
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  08:22:44 AM  Show Profile
I live in Michigan in a small town about 45 minutes west of Detroit. It is a great area as there is still lots of farm land here but only 20 minutes to Ann Arbor if I need a culture fix.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  08:35:28 AM  Show Profile
I live in Tomahawk WI, a small town with one set of traffic lights. It's in the northern part of the state which is considered the "northwoods". I'm outside of the town in a more rural area. Tomahawk gets busy in the summers with the tourists and the "summer people". We have a lot of visitors from our IL neighbors. It's beautiful here.

visit my blog at http://lifeatspiritfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  09:08:35 AM  Show Profile
I live in Del City, OK, which is a suburb of Oklahoma City. We have a 1/2 acre lot and are growing vegetables this year, but cannot have any livestock other than our doggies. It gets really hot and humid in the summer and summer seems to last forever. I'm an autumn gal and love the big fluffy snow, when we get it. We would love to have an acreage, but right now there is no way.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  09:15:55 AM  Show Profile
Somerset Kentucky here. I moved here four years ago from Idaho and grew up in Montana. I live about 70 miles from Miss Wilma I love it here when I am not home sick for the West.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  09:24:14 AM  Show Profile
I've lived for 30 years about 7 miles from Rutland, Ohio in a 150+ year old farmhouse with my DH and DS, raise Angora Goats, Chickens, Rabbits, Turkeys (soon) and Airedale Dogs. These 28 organic acres is where we farm and have fun!

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:26:17 AM  Show Profile
I live in Saint Johns, Michigan...Mint City, U.S.A.! If you look at a map of Michigan, we are in the middle of the "mitten," about 20 miles north of Lansing.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:44:48 AM  Show Profile
I live at school (the University of Washington) in Seattle, Washington. On the weekends I go to my real home, where my family lives about 45 minutes north of Seattle in Lake Stevens.

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:03:45 PM  Show Profile
I live in Dawson Creek, BC. If any of you have driven to Alaska you have to go through here first.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:20:55 PM  Show Profile
I live near St. Louis MO.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  2:21:27 PM  Show Profile

We live in a little Vermont village in an old house. We have one acre of yard and a nice garden. Our only livestock is a cat.Beautiful in the summer and fall and part of the winter. We also have mud season which isn't pretty.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:09:24 PM  Show Profile
I live 27 miles north east of Spokane WA. I have 10 acres, chickens, sheep and a very spoiled German Shepherd. I live in a house that was built from logs cut from this property combined with lumber gleaned from an old barn that we tore down from a farmers field near Oaksdale. It was fortunate we did it 30 years ago because it isn't legal to use used building materials anymore. Here we have three seasons - mud, dust & snow&ice.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  05:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Northwest Louisiana. We aren't in a town or city proper, but they consider our area the Social Springs Community.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  08:22:59 AM  Show Profile
I live outside Bluffton, Ohio. A very small village, not even a town, right between Findlay and Lima. We have Bluffton University and a traffic light. Love it !! For fun we can drive 2 hours up to Ann Arbor, MI or go the other direction 2 hours to Columbus
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I live in Glen Burnie, MD. I'm about 8 miles from BWI Airport and 15 miles from downtown Baltimore City. I wish I could move, but finances aren't the greatest right now and we can't :(

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  08:59:19 AM  Show Profile
We're south of the center of the state, within walking distance of the "Blue Juniata" River.
Go to Top of Page

lulu bell
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Karen
Ashland NE
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  09:15:43 AM  Show Profile
I live in Nebraska half way between Lincoln and Omaha on the edge of town so I have the best of both worlds.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:50:55 AM  Show Profile
We live in the South West corner of Colorado. Part of the Four Corners area.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:56:54 AM  Show Profile
I'm in south central Nebraska. There's fewer than 300 people in my little village. Except for about 4 years in Kansas, I've lived in this area my entire life. I was born in a town about 15 miles from here, and it's also the birthplace of Kool-Aid!

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MuslinBunnies
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Tina
Franklin NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  11:10:51 AM  Show Profile
I live in Franklin, NH, a little "city" about half an hour north, north west of Concord. It's really not any bigger than a town, but somehow it was classified as a city. We are a stone's throw from the main street, and I think the hill is high enough that we could sail that stone all the way over the city into the river!

My Website: http://muslinbunnies.tripod.com/
My Etsy: http://FelineFeathers.etsy.com
My Button Quail Site: http://groups.google.com/group/button-quail-planet
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just wondering where everyone lives? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page