CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  12:49:33 PM  Show Profile
i searched for this topic .. i know we've talked about hanging our laundry on them .. but thought it would be fun to have a thread for PHOTOS of our clotheslines and what we have hanging on them.

other than 'dolly parts' (photos in Cabin Fever Doll Class in the Stitching Room) .. for February .. i've started my RED 'ware' clothes line .. so far .. i have three pair of vintage red long johns and a sweet little antique child's red sunbonnet on the line. I do take these off if it is going to RAIN .. then they go right back on the line .. soon's the sun shines!

I love 'decorating' my clothesline for months, seasons and holiday!
It's in the BACK of the house .. and we see it from our big kitchen .. so .. it delights me everyday!

.... let's see what's on YOUR clothesline!

True Friends, Frannie

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  3:49:41 PM  Show Profile
Looks so cheery Frannie, I need one of those. In the mean time I will just drool over yours.

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  06:51:04 AM  Show Profile
That is too fun! I just have one of those umbrella type clothes lines. In fact I have the only clothes line of any type in a 5 block area. People just don't hang their clothes to dry anymore, do they?
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  2:03:33 PM  Show Profile
I lllllooooooovvvvvveeee the red "ware". Looking at that scene out my back window would make me smile, too. You know just how to frame up a picture and add interest....love the little tractor. Just too cute.

On the other thread about clothesline uses and memories, I had mentioned that my hubby wanted me to stop using the line.....he thought he was doing me a favor....I said I liked to use it because it saved money on the electric bill.....he said he didn't care about the bill. Well, I really LIKE putting clothes out. Plus, I love the scent and feel of clothes and towels fresh off the line. Anyway, I started using one again.....tied up lines between trees. The girls and I do all the wash on Mondays and Fridays, hang'em up, fold'em, and put'em away and then take the lines down before Daddy sees'em. Well, yesterday, we got kind of busy and I forgot to take the lines down....hubby saw them this morning and got a little miffed. I don't know why he is so adamant about me not hanging clothes. I'll have to be better about keeping my secrets in the future. I'll say this, he sure wasn't complaining about how fresh his undershirts and towels were!

When I put up my lines this Friday, I'll take some pics. I keep sayin' that about everything! I have taken pictures of stuff to post and I just need to learn to post them.

Great thread, Frannie!!

Oh, another memory about clotheslines.... My Nanny would drape large sheets over the lines and let me play house under them. I do the same for my girls. In fact, yesterday, my 10 year old said, "Moma, do you remember when I was little that I'd play under the sheets?" Oh, of course I remember....all mommas remember those precious moments. My eyes well up when I see that my children will have wonderful memories of their childhoods. Isn't it funny how a 10 year old can think of herself as grown enough to refer to her previous years as when she was "little"?

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

twigs
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

tiffany
lacie ky
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  07:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Send twigs an AOL message
frannie i always love how you decorate your clothesline with the seasons........
my mom got bruce a pair of those red jammies for christmas this year and little william some too....so i have some to put on my make shift clothes line....for i tend to use the dryer, hee hee
twigs

May you be surrounded by the things of olde that make you feel like a treasure!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic show us your CLOTHESLINE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page