Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Are we being weird for being a bit different??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are we being weird for being a bit different?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  07:40:41 AM  Show Profile
I am totally with you! But you are right, it is not weird, you just have your priorities in the right place! You don't need fancy & big.... just what you actually NEED! We have always "under" bought and lived below our means.... but thank goodness because my husband had to take a huge paycut this year and I had to work a lot less when my son was having trouble in school.... we would have gone under! We also moved from the ritzy suburbs (where we had a tiny 1200 sq ft home compared to the mansions! And I know those "oh poor you" looks!) to a small town (800 people) where the roads are awful and some of the homes are far from picture perfect.... but you know what? Everyone is so friendly and there is more of a feeling of belonging! I have gone back to visit.... and I can't imagine living there... yuck! It is all about shopping and what you have. Now we live where you can go hiking, camping, swimming in the river.... things my kids will cherish... not going to the MALL!

~Kristi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are we being weird for being a bit different?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page