LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2004 :  5:32:24 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone has a good idea on how to display ribbons my husband and I have won at our poultry shows.I have tried a picture frame with wire strung across but they over lap too much. I have seen them displayed just by stringing wire across the wall but I am looking for something more organized.Any ideas???
Thanks,
Alicia

Follow your dreams

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2004 :  6:04:49 PM  Show Profile
I have a friend who has six children and she uses a piece of flexible
wire garden edging (hairpin arched top) bends up the part that goes into the ground for hooks. Lots of places for the ribbons to hang from and she runs this like a border above the shaker peg rack in her mudroom. It's really cute and she has a place for ribbons, pictures,that can be easily changed or added to. Hope that helps!
How's the weather up there? We are getting a cold blast, it's 43 right now! Not the norm for us it was 78 at soccer practice 3 1/2 hours ago!(Zone 5-6) Stay well! Bramble

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2004 :  5:06:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alicia,
Since it is for your wonderful chickens maybe a piece of chicken wire framed and hung up along the top of a wall like a plate rail. You could frame it in old barn wood and add photos of the prize winners interspersed along the boarder. If you had the photos enlarged you could even hang them up behind the chicken wire.
Eileen

songbird
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  7:10:45 PM  Show Profile
I had MANY ribbons from my days in 4-H and FFA and they were collecting dust. So I took my sewing skills to work and I sewed a 'patchwork quilt' using the ribbons. Sew them together, grab some backing and another layer of fabric, and them together, add a neat little border, and waalaa...a Ribbon Quilt! I saw this at a Lamb show of a family who won lots of ribbons. It definitely is a neat thing to hang on a quilt rack/shelf and have your trophies on the shelf.
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  12:07:12 PM  Show Profile
My sister made a really cute pillow out of hers by sewing/tacking them/wonder under onto plain muslin.

Very cute!

Holly

¸...¸ __/ /\____ ____
,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±± |
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Prize Ribbons Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page