Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Requesting Prayers and Positive Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Requesting Prayers and Positive Energy Next Topic
Page: of 3

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  12:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, I'm praying for good results for you on the cat scan. *hugs* I know that this is a scary time for you and I sending strength and energy to you! Take care and let us know as soon as you can.

Again, sending hugs and prayers

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  12:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, waiting with baited breath about the results of the scan. I am thinking of you and surely wish we all lived to closer. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  12:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Lainey--my prayers are with you as I know this must be one of those pins and needle waits.
HUGS AND PRAYERS!!!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  11:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you tonight Lainey, praying for tomorrow....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  8:58:13 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Lainey. My thoughts and a little fairy dust is going your way. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  9:13:47 PM  Show Profile
Hugs and prayers Lainey! I'm thinking of you and hoping for an update when you feel up to it.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  09:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Wondering how you made out with your tests....hugs and prayers!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  10:25:28 AM  Show Profile
Lainey, I know yesterday was a big day for you. Had you held in my thoughts all day long. keeping you close and looking forward to hearing how you are. ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  3:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, as the other girls have,I have been thinking of you also. I hope your tests will bring good news. Please let us know how things went when you are up to it, we care so much about you.
Both you and sweet Linda are on my mind so much.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  07:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone and sorry I didn't post here earlier. The surgeon said from the first look at the CAT scan it looks like the liver is ok. They have to wait for the final results though. But he's going ahead with planning the surgery. There is one concern though, the thyroid area. There is a nodule there but he doesn't feel that anything there would be related to the esophageal cancer. They are scheduling me for an ultrasound guided biopsy to test that nodule. He says with the surgery to remove the esophagus they have to make an incision in the throat area so if something is wrong with the thyroid they can take care of it at the same time, a two-for-one deal I guess.

After they do the thyroid biopsy they will set the date for the surgery. His guess would be mid-May due to the heavy schedule they have now. Thanks again for the prayers, kind words, and good thoughts. I appreciate them and all of you.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  1:13:39 PM  Show Profile
That is great news Lainey. It must be such a relief to know that there isn't anything wrong with the liver. :)
I will still be praying that everything goes smoothly with the thyroid biopsy and that your surgery can go as planned.
Glad to see you posting!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  7:43:50 PM  Show Profile
Lainey~

Sending you many many thoughts, prayers and hugs!

You actually have truly inspired me, because I don't believe in the same situation I could handle it as well as you. I am afraid there would be much self pity and sitting on the couch!

I am so glad your tests are coming back with good news! We will all keep sending you that positive energy, thoughts and prayers and of course loads and loads of HUGS!

~Kristi

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  1:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, one step at a time...you've got some mighty good news here upon which to coast. I love it!! I've been checking in every single day. I don't always have time to sit and respond. Kids have been very active, which is a super good thing. Aria is just so full of energy and sassafras!! Keeping you with me so close..sending love and light always! ~julia....please do keep us posted on how things are progressing. You are really showing us all the way! I have such heart-felt admiration for you!! truly, truly!!!

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:11:19 AM  Show Profile
Lainey, I am sorry you have to go through this, Know that you are in my prayers and it would seem you are in a lot of MJFgirls prayers. I believe in the power of prayer, stay strong, and keep talking to your mom, in the car or in the shower or in bed you may not be able to see her but she is a mom and she will hold you while you are going through this. Hugs + prayers to you.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  06:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Lainey,
Please keep us updated as I think of you everyday.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone! Your words warm my heart. I have tears in my eyes now. Big hugs to you all! Nancy, they finally scheduled my thyroid ultrasound guided biopsy for May 5th and I will have a consultation with the surgeon on May 7th. Hopefully then they will schedule me for surgery. Not that I'm looking forward to it, but I think sooner is better than this waiting.

Farmgirl Sister #25

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  06:19:48 AM  Show Profile
So soory I didn't see your post sooner!

Best wishes for your surgery.

I'm praying hard for you too.

Very scary

You can do this!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  06:30:54 AM  Show Profile
Lainey, Just a big farmsister hug to you. I hope things went well and that you are recovering from the procedure. Praying and sending lots of healing energy to you. Rest and take good care of your self. I know we all are waiting to hear, but you take care of you first.
May there be blessings

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  07:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Lainey,
Keeping you in my prayers and close to my heart. Take good care and heal well. We are all here for you. Lean on us at all times!
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and prayers! Yesterday's procedure didn't go quite as expected. I had been told and assured that I would be sedated for the procedure. (I suffer from panic attacks under extreme stress.) The nurse set up an appointment especially for this. When I got in there yesterday they told me that they didn't know that I was to be sedated and didn't have a nurse available to do it. That I would just have to have the procedure without it. The doctor talked to me in what I considered a rude manner. Now I'd been dreading this and was very nervous even knowing I would be sedated so when they said I was going to have it without I kind of lost it. I let the doctor and his assistant know that I didn't appreciate their tone to me and that I refused to have the procedure done without some kind of sedation. They told me then I would have to reschedule for a later date. I told them I had surgery coming up and this had to be done to see if they need to remove some or all of my thyroid at the same time. They didn't even know I had esophageal cancer until I told them. It was a lack of communication all the way around. By this time I was in tears.. my nerves just took over.

This is the first time I've ever had any problem at this hospital. At the cancer treatment part of the hospital they haved treated me with the kindest respect. This doctor was 'in a mood' when he came in and I sensed it. I think he thought I was being petty about everything. Maybe my nerves are starting to take over but I think the whole thing could have been handled better, by all of us.

After the waterworks started (mine) they became concerned and pulled up my files and read just why I was having the procedure. That doctor consoled me and they found a nurse who came and did the sedation. I think because I was so stressed the sedation didn't really take until after the procedure, so I remember everything. It's not really something I want to repeat anytime soon I can tell you.

Anyway.. sorry for the long post about it. I think just everything that's happened in the past few months is catching up with me. They should have the results back from the biopsy in a few days. My appointment with the surgeon has been postponed until May 14th, he's on duty with the military again. He's been to Iraq and back once already since I've been his patient this year. The nurse/scheduler said my surgery has been set up for Friday, May 22nd. It's the very first one that day. So I'm pleased to actually have a date set, but if you know me you know that I'm really nervous about it too.

Again, thanks so much for being here for me. You all are so encouraging to me.

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:13:00 PM  Show Profile
aww Lainey, I am so sorry that you had to go through that unnecessary and extra stress. I am happy that you stood up for yourself. It is because of the lack of communication, that so many hospitals are getting sued these days.
I will be praying for your nerves to settle and that you will be able to have clear sailing through all that you have coming up!
hugs!!!!! :D

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Good Lord, you darling girl!!! I am so sorry you had to have this kind of thing happen! I wish for you that THIS was the worst thing you will encounter and that from now on only grace and ease will follow you through this ordeal. I will hold that intention for you.

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:02:16 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, I just read through this post and am ashamed to admit that I didn't know of your cancer. I think Julia's initial post to you here was so on the mark. I watched my granddaddy battle cancer. And what I learned from it is that you have permission. Permission to feel however you feel. Permission to do what you need to do for yourself. Permission to sleep all day. Permission to cry all day. Whatever it is, you have permission for it.

I had a difficult time coming to terms with my granddaddy's illness. One thing that helped my perspective was to not ask "why" but to ask "what am I supposed to learn from this?" And when I saw all the people who reached out to him, I realized that God was using my granddaddy to promote His love and goodness in this world. And my granddaddy was a wonderful witness, never failing to praise God through everything. I hope this doesn't offend you or anyone else, but you've been given a wonderful opportunity. That's how I looked at things with my granddaddy; what a wonderful opportunity he'd been blessed with to be a witness for God's unshakable grace and mercy. It gave me peace in the midst of my grief.

With love,

~~Cherry~~

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  1:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Again, thanks everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. The surgery scheduler called a bit ago and told me what time to be there in the morning. I'm getting nervous about it but this is the best chance for a cure. If you would remember me in your thoughts and prayers I would be so grateful. I'll get word to you by my husband on how things went or I'll be back on here as soon as I can. They have WiFi at the hospital so that's a good thing!

You all mean so much to me. I will never forget the love and support I've felt here.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  1:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Sending you love Laniey! I'll light a candle for you at sunrise and hold your husband in prayer as well. Nothing harder than sitting and waiting on a beloved in surgery. My poor husband knows first hand! Bless you sweet friend and try to relax tonight.

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Requesting Prayers and Positive Energy Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page