Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 remember when crop pants were peddle pushers??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic remember when crop pants were peddle pushers?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  9:36:29 PM  Show Profile
I still call them peddle pushers!

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/ (my personal blog)
www.thomstravel.com (to book your travel & save)
www.ytb.com/thomstravel (own your travel store & travel as an insider)
Go to Top of Page

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  04:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

Are Petti Pants the lacy white full leg pants wore under skirts. They were worn as slips but hid our panties when the wind blew the skirts. I think I'd say they were just like bloomers.

Yea, you got it. A slip that was knee length pants. I really liked them too. Petti pants wouldn't be hard to make. I've often thought, well at least in the winter time, of making a flannel pair but then, I rarely wear a skirt in the winter.

LynnMarie

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  04:42:01 AM  Show Profile
I grew up in the 70's/80's and I wore petal pushers. My mother made them for me and that's what she called them. Maybe it said capri pants on the pattern. I liked them a lot, but of course, I was in elementary school and didn't care whether I dressed like everyone else or not.

My mom is famous for saying, "That's the style, honey!" And we kids would look at her askance, sigh and say, "Oh, Mom!" It really did exasperate us. How was she supposed to know what teenagers were wearing? The only way to know what was in was to walk down the halls at school and SHE never did that! Ha! Now the I have teenagers I don't even pretend to know what is cool or not. They've got to figure it out for themselves!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  09:27:32 AM  Show Profile
I well remember peddle pushers. I had one set that was white pants and a bold red print top that I loved...When capries came out I told my daughter (age 40 and 29) that they used to be called peddle pushers and they rolled thier eyes and said"Back in the day".

I heard once that nothing was really new---that somewhere in history we could find the object by a different name. "hot pants, pencil or pegged legs pants, have all been around. I wonder how much money the desingers have made off the same products with a new name?
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  12:55:40 PM  Show Profile
OH! It's all coming back to me now! thanks for the memories! I was a teen in the 60's and remember petti pants and pedal pushers and the saddle shoes when I was younger were so big and clunky I would accidently kick my ankles with them and make my ankles bleed! I had HUGE feet and could not control them! LOL!!!!!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  1:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
You are so funny! Saddle shoes were so comfortable to me. Then when I was old enough to wear heels out went the comfort!

Then the garter belt and metal garter clips holding up stockings...stylish but sometimes painful. I remember when pantyhose was invented...LOL

Then a few years later the National news announced that a new word was added to Webster's Dictionary. The word was pantyhose!

Yes, all styles come back around eventually. I am waiting for the 70s Granny dresses..I loved them.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  4:36:07 PM  Show Profile
I loved my petti pants. They were "nude" color, the first undies that were flesh color instead of white. I wore them with - get this - the first panty hose and a girdle! I did not want anything to jiggle!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Petti Pants would have been great for me on Easter Sunday. I wore a new thin skirt that kept me too cool. I like knee hose instead of pantyhose because of the older woman's hot flashes...too sweaty...
But my church is up on a hill...windy and cold.
I could sew some!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  2:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Linda I love the last 3 lines in your comment! Yes those were the days...(I'm 59).
Yes back when our Presidents were respectable.
And after the Beatles came to USA so many of Great Brittan's bands followed....
Herman's Hermits..the Monkeys... LOL!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic remember when crop pants were peddle pushers?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page