Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Stashaholics April Challenge *ALMOST DONE*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Stashaholics April Challenge *ALMOST DONE* Next Topic  

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  07:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Sorry this is a little late in coming, but here it is... TA-DAH!

In honor of Easter, Spring, and April showers...

Our challenge this month is ***SUNSHINE*** and ***RAINBOWS***

This is an open challenge, meaning you are free to create whatever YOU think fits the title. You can make something the colors of sunshine, or the colors of the rainbow, or both. You could make a bunch of little items, each one of the colors of the rainbow. Or make something that makes you think of sunshine and rainbows. Be super duper uber creative, and let your imagination take control.

Have FUN!!! and can't wait to see your photos!

http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Craft Fasting since March 1, 2009

Edited by - soapmommy60543 on Apr 21 2009 10:34:28 AM

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:20:06 AM  Show Profile
DD's Birthday Card:
Card with Inspiration Piece:

Layout was in Memory Makers Magazine

Premade white card, various cardstocks and papers (including a fussy cut piece from a clothing catalog-the bright green in the bottom left corner between the pale green stripe and leftover watercolored paper), diecuts done on the cricut, adhesive, and a button

Niece's bday card

Layout in Memory Makers Magazine

premade white card, buttons, brads, stickers, "stitching" done with marker

Just a card:

This is just the border of a subscription postcard pullout from Memory Makers Magazine

Black cardstock cut into card, various colors of cardstock cut into strips, circle diecut on cricut, "rays" done by cutting diamond shapes on cricut then cutting them in half to make the triangles

Everything was in my stash, and the mags came from the 'brare. I have found lately lots of inspiration for fabric pieces (sewing, quilting, etc) from the scrapbook magazines, and lots of card and seed packet ideas from the quilting mags. Just shows you never know when Inspiration will knock at your door. And, by the way, when $$$ is tight, idea books and magazines at the library are always free.

Hope these give others some ideas, and also hope that everyone had a blessed Easter!

Avoid soil depravation and get your dirt on! Start a garden in your own backyard...

Craft Fasting since March 1, 2009

Edited by - soapmommy60543 on Apr 13 2009 11:22:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  04:43:24 AM  Show Profile
Cards are beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a fun challenge..see what i can come up with

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Stashaholics April Challenge *ALMOST DONE* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page