Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Violet is a different baby-WOW, amazing!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Violet is a different baby-WOW, amazing!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  8:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Karin, Misty and Jinia....so sweet of all of you, girls. She definitely has turned a corner, and I'm hoping that we can keep her on track now. It seems that every mother I speak to says "3 months" like it's some magic mantra. That at 3 months old, she'll be in her element, and we'll feel like pro's (until she's 4 and falls off the swingset)...

Hey Momma's...is this true?
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  9:02:09 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad the little sweetie is doing well! I was allergic to milk, including my mamma's, and had to drink simulac, which was only sort of better. I wish you and your dear family a wonderful time with babyhood now. Enjoy every minute =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  9:15:52 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful family you are.
I am so glad the formula is helping her.
hug and squeeze her tight, before you know it, you'll blink and she will be twelve. crying about the zit on her chin and talking about which lipgloss to wear.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  9:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Girls I have special news, Lisa, Janice AND I GET TO SEE HER AT BURLINGTON NEXT sUNDAY, HER PICS ARE JUST LIKE A MINATURE JONNIE

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  07:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
So glad to hear she is doing so much better. I had this problem with my son and I am so glad to hear you have found something that helps. I made a note of this for my daughter as her little one is due the 30th and she may need this info later. :)

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  09:09:43 AM  Show Profile
I am SO glad for you that she is doing fine now!! And Oh my Gosh what a pretty girl she is! LOVE the one with the purple blanket, lol. Yes I know pink is my fave but that purple is just TOO sweet.
You 3 looks so happy together :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  09:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Violet is a beautiful, beautiful baby! What a sweet photo, and I think she is going to look like her mommy. Glad you found a food her tummy likes.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  05:29:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I love that picture of the three of you. And that second pic of her...well...she looks just like YOU, girl! Will you be able to come to Burlington this Sunday?

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  07:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Dutch, Jeannie and Janice! I'm very glad that she's so much happier-even when she has her little moments of "gripe" it's NOTHING like it was. VERY controllable--all little ones cry, I know, but her crying was so very upsetting. I'm really glad that she (seems) to be on a good path, now.

Yep, Janice--Justin and I will be at Burlington with bells on! Can't wait to see all of you--hoping the weather is decent. Enough with rain!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  08:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- You are her mom and you know her more intimately than some silly nurses. Don't take flack! You were right to be concerned. There is a difference between a little crying that is normal and crying in pain!

I am so glad you figured it out and she is a happy camper now! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjournies.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  08:04:14 AM  Show Profile
What a cute little thing! I'm glad you figured out the formula and she's happy now. I know what you mean about the crying being upsetting. When my husband was in grad school, some neighbors just down the hall had their first baby and he was terribly colicky. And of course, with the dorm apartments having paper-thin walls, we all suffered along with him. So many nights we saw his dad walking up and down the hallways with him, and the poor guy was in tears himself because he felt so badly at not being able to comfort his child.
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile
I think providers either doctors or nurses forget that every baby is not the same. I too had problems with both of my kids but that was over 23 years ago. I change from the suggested formula to a soy base one and did I get flack from my pediatrician. I argued with him and he tried to suggest that I was harming my kids by not giving them the iron they needed. I was worried and suggested a quick hemoglobin test to see if he was right. I proved him wrong. Mothers do know best.

I have always believed that a happy baby makes for a happy home.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  5:07:41 PM  Show Profile
It is bitter sweet that the days that you were able to be at home with her weren't all filled with happiness and joy and here you start back to work and she is a happy little gal but think of it this way...you were able to be there for her and comfort her when she was in pain and not feeling good. She needed her mama! So that's one way to look at it. How did your first day back go?
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  6:18:17 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Alee, don't let any nurse/doc try to "new mother syndrome" you and push you around!

I had a nurse(and my husband) try to do that to me when my son was a baby, and it turned out he didn't have a cold like the nurse insisted, he had bronchitis. The doc said it probably would have turned into pneuomonia if I hadn't brought him in. So follow your gut!

In any case, I am glad she is feeling better, and gets to go for a visit!!!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Feb, so glad you found what would work with little Violet. And Janice, Lisa and Miss Wilma you get to see our darling girl, do take pictures for us!!!!! and have fun at Burlinton!!!!!! Do tell about the fun finds too.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  07:35:27 AM  Show Profile
I really appreciate all of your wonderful support, girls. It did bother me that the nurse practitioner acted like it was totally normal--especially when we she would take a bottle and like clockwork, 30 minutes later, she'd scream and draw up her legs and that would continue for an hour or so, when, bless her--she would pass out, sleep for about 2 hours, wake up and start all over again with a bottle. That was her whole day. She had very few happy moments.

Gosh, Kate--how scary. I'm so glad that you were vindicated and that the doctor figured it out.

You're right though, Elizabeth--I was there for her and that's what I'm supposed to do. I like the way you think, girl! It does make me feel better, for sure. And, thank you for asking about work--it's like I never left. And, predictability is sometimes a nice thing :)

Carol Sue, we'll take some pictures for sure--she'll be a big girl if you come to the gathering in October!
Go to Top of Page

Polka Dot Apron
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Ahrisha
Beautiful Lancaster County PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  12:38:21 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Sweet baby.
I have heard that Goat Milk is the best replacement also.. Babies thrive on it so I agree with Chris.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Stop by for a visit at:
http://joyouslylivinglife.blogspot.com
I have been a "Woman in Business from Home" for 12 years teaching folks how to live a more Natural life. Please visit my website: www.2FeelGood.com
http://joyouslylivinglife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  7:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jonni,
I have been absent from the forum for several months, so I am a little late on all your baby news. SHe looks SO alert. So cute. We had to go Good Start after Owen was only having a BM every threedays and was a very cranky man. My Dr. told me it was normal, don't change formula, and that he could go once a week and be fine. Can you say septic? Yikes Anyway, I am so happy for you!! PS don't let anyone make you feel guilty about Nestle taking over African breastmilk.

Trish

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  04:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Ohh i'm so relieved there is peace in your home..

What a struggle and how frustrating for you both!

So where did you get Violet's blanket?

That's exactally what I have been searching for. The satan purple border looks so soft.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:03:50 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, girls! It's like a different baby in our home, I'm telling you. Such a sweet girl--I could still kick myself for letting it go on for so long without listening to my gut, but I just didn't have a reference point as a new mother. So glad I have the farmgirls to give me confidence!!!!

Trish! Trish! Sooooo good to have you back. Hope all is well and that you have been enjoying little Owen. Glad that you found out what worked for him as well...it's frustrating, right? When I hung up the phone with the doc I thought to myself, "ok...it MIGHT be normal, but YOU aren't living with this poor little soul, watching her face contort into grimaces, unable to sleep, smile or do anything remotely "baby" without pain!". Don't worry...noone will make me feel guilty about anything as long as this baby girl is smiling :)

Anna...I received the blanket as a gift from my niece, Ava, but they purchased it at Baby's R Us. They have other colors as well, even a soft green. It's a WONDERFUL blanket, and washes so well, too. I'd describe it as a microfiber, ever so slightly plush. When I was home with her, I would snuggle with her under it while she slept on my chest on those still-chilly mornings. Here is the link to the product. I think I'm going to buy the green one, too :)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2415414

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  08:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
So glad to hear everything is going so much better. My daughter's new baby, Grayson was back in the hospital on Thursday and his jauntice was a bit worse so they kept him overnight and discovered she was not producing enough milk so they had to go formula. I had kept your situation in mind so that if I needed the info I would have it for her. Things are going better and he seems to be doing great. Drinking 3 oz at a time. Sleeps a lot because of the jauntice but gets checked again today. It is sunny here and she has been laying him in the sun (inside). She's a real good mommy and daddy is super great too.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  08:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I'm sorry to hear of the jaundice. Keep holding that little one to the sun!!!
We had a bit of trouble with that, too, before we left the hospital. They weren't going to release Violet because her hemocrit level was too high and ultimately, if it didn't come down, they would have had to do a blood transfusion. Of course, noone told me that, I had to find it out AFTER the fact, but it ended up just fine. The way to get rid of that bilirubin is to feed, feed, feed and then they poo, poo, poo...I will quote my pediatrician by saying, "Well, in the next day or so, let's feed the heck out of her!"

It's good that he's already going at 3 oz! Wonderful! We were only at two, but she could have gone for more, I think. It's very difficult to try to produce what they need right off the bat if breastfeeding, and sometimes it's still not enough when the milk does come in. I don't care what they say, those little babies are hungry when they come out, and colostrum just isn't enough. Violet was eating her hand, nurses necks, my husband's nose, whatever she could get her little mouth around. I was grateful that they finally gave in and gave her some formula, and she hasn't turned back. At 7.5 weeks she's eating 5 oz...

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  03:35:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jonni

Hope all is peaceful in your home.

I can't imagine a screaming baby w/ no relief! I'd feel terrible not being able to know where to begin to look for a solution.

Violet is precious
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  03:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Went to the web link and pruchased 2 blankets.

One for me at t.v. time and 1 for a friend who is expecting next month. She'll be surprized for sure.

Thanks again and enjoy your happy baby years
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  05:40:45 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, Anna--she's a cutie, lemme tell you (of course, all mothers think that, I'm sure!). She didn't sleep at all last night, but this morning, she was just chirping away, giggling and wiggly and smirking....as if to say, "Have fun at work today mommy, haha!" and it totally took away all my sleepiness :)

Have fun with those blankets...you will love them! It's just such a nice feeling---I'm very tactile and love textures and touch, and it puts Violet and I right to sleep...hopefully it will do the same for you and your friend's new blessing!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Violet is a different baby-WOW, amazing!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page