Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Any safe diswashing soap suggestions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Any safe diswashing soap suggestions? Next Topic  

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  10:00:35 PM  Show Profile
Howdy gals!
I have a question about cleaning safely and in an environmentally friendly way. We don't use a lot of cleaning products in our home, but we do use dishsoap to wash dishes and we add it to hot water in a spray bottle and clean the counters, toilet, etc with it. Is there an alternative to dish soap that is economical but also Earth-friendly that anyone could suggest? We are trying to "clean" up our act around here and need some Earth-friendly help! Thanks so much farmgirls in advance!

Happy Trails,
Rachael

Happy Trails!

Rachael La Rock
Farmgirl Sister #535

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  7:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Castile soap is a good one. It may not be as economical as you would like, but it is earth friendly. Used a lot by campers/ hikers...

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  9:28:22 PM  Show Profile
I use Seventh Generations Lemon Grass and Clementine Zest dish soap. It is $2.49 a bottle at Whole Foods.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  5:29:47 PM  Show Profile
Ooo! I like the sound of the Seventh Gen. soap. No one sells it where I am, must hunt it down, and it is cheaper than the castile soap.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

Bfriday
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Jessica
Miles TX
125 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  12:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Bfriday an AOL message
Mrs. Myers has a lavender dishsoap I love! They also have different scents! But I've really been happy with it! www.mrsmyers.com

Farmgirl Sister #188
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Any safe diswashing soap suggestions? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page