Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like? Next Topic
Page: of 5

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Okay,

All of this talk about the 80's and big hair brought this question on

So, who do you look like?

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  3:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
When I was skinny, Sandra Bullock but I get a lot of the "you remind me of a friend from high school" ALL the time...FUNNY!!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  8:12:10 PM  Show Profile
When I had short hair I got the "Demi Moore" almost everyday- now I get a few others that I can't remember-

Mazy Day Farm
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  8:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Back in the day, I was often told that I looked like Ann Wilson of the group Heart (before she chunked out) :) Pat Benatar too when punk/new wave was in style :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Jan 01 2012 8:22:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  10:01:02 PM  Show Profile
No one famous..but I must look like everyone's relative...I am constantly being told I look just like people's sister, cousin, niece, aunt etc. I mean alot!!!
One time when I was in 7th grade and had just got the shortest pixie haircut of my life someone told me I looked like Liza Minelli (she wasn't nearly as scary looking back then..but STILL!!) I grew my hair right out...and never let my mom cut it again, (she was a hairdresser) I have had long hair 99% of the time since then...and that was 38 years ago!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  04:45:43 AM  Show Profile
When I was younger I was compared to Kelly McGillis (Top Gun and Witness) In my 30's, I was compared to Sharon Stone. Now that I'm older, don't get that alot. *L*

Sherone

http://tinytaylorranch.blujay.com
http://tinytaylorranch.ecrater.com/
http://taylorscountrystore.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vtfibergirl
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tricia
Milton VT
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  05:12:38 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer Grey before the nose job :-)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  05:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Sally Feilds. We are even the same age right to the month.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  06:55:49 AM  Show Profile
One night in college, I was at a party with some of my friends and some guy that I didn't know came up to me and said, "Winnie Cooper!! You look just like Winnie Cooper from that show the Wonder Years!" Now, he had obviously had too much to drink because I look nothing like Winnie Cooper, but all night long he kept bringing people over to me, telling them that Winnie Cooper was at their party!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  07:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Pippi Longstocking ; )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  09:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Well this is embarassing but in High School a boy in one of my classes told me I looked like Barbie...That did not sit well with me but I did have the short bouffant hairdo and I was very tiny then...

UGH...

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  10:49:03 AM  Show Profile
I was in a cafe one day a few years ago and a guy came up to me and said "Wow! You look just like my favorite actress! Man, I mean it - you look JUST like her!" I was feeling pretty good - thinking, I don't know, J-Lo, Reese Witherspoon, etc. (yeah right!) and then he pops out with guess who? Kathy Bates.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  10:59:00 AM  Show Profile
I've been told I look a little like Wynonna Judd, especially when I've had my hair like hers.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  11:25:31 AM  Show Profile

Karen Black of Easy Rider and Mash fame. Now I'm just another middleaged plump lady!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  12:43:46 PM  Show Profile
This thread makes me want to revive our old "What Do you Look Like" thread, with the pictures!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  05:05:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh, this is fun! When I was a teenager, people told me I looked like Melissa Gilbert (when she was older, too, not the braids look from Little House)!

Right now, my daughter works at a grocery store, and she gets compared to Anne Hathaway a LOT. It's especially fun when she's on the cover of a magazine at my daughter's checkout! She has fun with it, and says this is her other job...

Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  05:09:56 AM  Show Profile
Carol Burnett -- and I love her!

Lori -- I love Anne Hathaway -- your daughter must be a true beauty. How fun!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  06:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Many years ago, I used to have my hair red, and got told numerous times I looked like Reba. I don't look anything like her, so I guess it was just the red hair!

Now all I hear is that I look like somebody a person knows, went to school with, etc.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  07:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
When I was in my late teens I was told I looked like Goldie Hawn. That was in my hippie years.After I got married alot of guys told me I looked like Marilyn Monroe...go figure I had to have the "sexpot" look after I got married.I think they were just trying to be nice to my hubby.lol Good times, good times.These days I think I look like Mrs. Santa Claus and I like it!!!

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow." Helen Keller

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  1:52:12 PM  Show Profile
When you're a teenager, of course you want to look like the sexiest person there, and that was Raquel Welch when I was 15. A woman I babysat for offered to cut my hair for me and I wanted it short. She said, "I swear, you look more like Carol Burnett than that girl playing her sister on TV." After that, everyone else said the same thing except I have dark hair and have to wear glasses. Actually, Ms. Burnett at one time had dark hair, too. As I got older, I was okay with, especially when Burt Reynolds said he wanted to have her with him if he were stranded on an island. I've also been told I look like MacKenzie Phillips (Julie on One Day At A Time).

There have been times when drunk guys have called me either Carol or Julie, because they say I look more like that than a Kay (so, what is a Kay supposed to look like?).

Kay B

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  3:55:20 PM  Show Profile
About twenty-five or thirty years ago I was in an elevator at the hospital when a woman got on, looked at me, gasped, and asked for my autograph. I said "Why?" and she said "Aren't you Ali McGraw?" I was sorry to disappoint her. Now that I think back on it I should have just written "All my love from Ali" on a piece of paper and made her happy :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  6:35:59 PM  Show Profile
I've been told I resemble Catherine Zeta-Jones. It's probably because we both have Welsh backgrounds. I am fairer as my hair is a light to medium brown and my eyes are green but still almond shape as Mrs. Michael Douglas.

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  8:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Christina Applegate, though I dont't see it...

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  03:04:57 AM  Show Profile
When I was younger my dad would always say that I looked like Princess Di, but now, of course, I just look like myself.

Once someone said that I resembled Uma Thurman, but I don't think so.

I have a friend at church who looks like Barbara Mandrell. I have to tell her that whenever she fixes her hair a certain way. I wonder if it annoys her? I just have to say it as soon as it pops into my head. Ha!

Farmgirl Sister #554
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  7:01:17 PM  Show Profile
Wow...we have a lot of really attractive ladies around here, although Sherri wins the "Made Me Laugh So Hard I Nearly Needed Dry Panties" award for her Kathy Bates story.
I don't look like anyone famous, but one day when I was in the sixth grade a bunch of kids came to me thoughout the day to tell me how much I looked like a girl pictured in the current "Current Events" magazine in social studies class. I fantasized all day about what my doppleganger looked like. In the end, my twin was an overweight, red-faced girl in a Norwegian bunad, herding reindeer. I was very disappointed.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  9:21:30 PM  Show Profile
Jane Fonda... & Shirley McLain

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Grandmas are mom's with more icing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page