Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  3:54:31 PM  Show Profile
hey! that's pretty neat! i could read it and it was fun to be able to read it as fast or faster than i read regular words!
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  04:41:02 AM  Show Profile
wow, I'm surprised that only 55 out of 100 can read it, I'd think that the ratio would be higher... it seems so easy.... thanks for sharing!
Sherri, I think the word you didn't get "sgtrane" is strange.... :)

www.createmyworld.etsy.com

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile
I'm like you Jami-- Left-handed (but we are in our RIGHT mind! LOL!!) AND I can spot grammatical errors and misused words and sentences a MILE away! Though, I find the older I get, the worse I spell! (I can't STAND that! I keep the dictionary handy-- and it's usually the EASY words I have the hardest time with! never had that problem when I was younger.... hm....)

I read this without a problem. I've taken several writing classes over the years and every teacher taught the same thing about this-- that "the human eye only glimpses the word, while the brain deciphers it." That's why some people can read faster than others. It's also the concept they focus on in a "Speed reading" class. Don't waste time LOOKING at the word! Just glance at it and move on to the next. Naw... I like to SEE the word, savor the word... he..he..he...! I'm always afraid I'll MISS something if I don't really LOOK at the words. Like reading the first chapter of a book then skipping to the last. I feel CHEATED!!! (LOL!!)

Thanks for sharing Linda!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  11:42:52 AM  Show Profile
Tracy, I am the same way...I savor each sentence and word reading a book or I'm afraid I'll miss something! Sometimes if my mind is wandering while I'm reading (like in a noisy place or the TV is on) I will read the page over and over until I can visualize the story from the words. I also have to watch a movie the same way...or I get lost easily. Now I am of average intelligence but I guess I'm one for details to have these types of quirks.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  5:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that something, it made perfect sense to me...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  09:44:28 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, feel good that you couldn't read "strange." It just means you aren't quite as strange as the rest of us!! When I was a kid, our school did an experimental English program. Instead of learning phonics, we did "whole word" learning. This probably really helped with this post! But I still wish I had learned phonics too.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic can you read this??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page