Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 My chickens come home tomorrow...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My chickens come home tomorrow... Next Topic  

kelliraeb
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

kelli
Michigan
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  4:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Send kelliraeb a Yahoo! Message
We finished our chicken coop and put fence up for a little chicken yard (they will run our entire yard once they all figure out where home is) Our not so little ducklings who have been brooding first indoors and then in the garage have settled into the coop already. Hubby is out in the garage just finishing up the nesting boxes he is building. Turns out we are getting fifteen hens and a rooster instead of the dozen we originally thought. They are all laying every day, so hopefully the move will not stress them and make them quit. Still in the foyer we have two turkey poults, and today hubby and youngest daughter brought home seven more pullets which are in a brooder in said daughter's bedroom! Never in a million years did I think this city girl would have live fowl IN HER HOUSE!!!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  5:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, that's a sign of a true farmgirl, farm critters in the house! What kind are they?

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  6:27:24 PM  Show Profile
lol- try 14 ducklings- 100 chicks- and 3 baby goats- oh yeah- I want my house back!!!

Mazy Day Farm
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  05:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Isn't it great to admit that we have farm animals in our homes sometimes. I used to tell people when I would have baby chicks or goats in the house. I kinda stopped doing that, they looked at me like I was some kind of insane person. I love having critters in the house. I can't say my DH is very fond of it though.
Here's to all the "Crazies"

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My chickens come home tomorrow... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page