Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Plastic Surgery??? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  08:57:55 AM  Show Profile
I would love to have Lasik surgery, just for the freedom of not having to rely on something that can break, fall out, get lost, give me a corneal infection, etc. As you can guess from this list, I've had some harrowing experiences with glasses and contacts! And I'm blind as a bat without them.

But aside from the expense, I'm scared to death by the prospect of eye surgery. What if the result is worse vision, or blindness? I know *most* people have no problems. But I've always been statistically unlucky. All the systems that are supposed to work (education, church, government, family, neighborhood) go horribly wrong for me and leave me worse off than before.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  08:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee,
our daughter knocked her tooth out too! We think she is so adorable. Should we fix it? My husband is West Virginian and we joke that it runs in the family. We compliment her, she is beautiful, with or with out that tooth. If anything it does add to her charm. I guess I think if she wants it then we can do something about it but until then we celebrate her stregnth of gettin through that horrible incedent.
Alee, I bet you wear it well.
Keep smilin'
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  10:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Heide!

Well what happened with me was that I shattered the bones of the upper jaw and my two front teeth got driven back into the gums 100%. They had to pull them back down, and for many years- almost 10, they were fine. My left front tooth actually died and so is slightly discolored, and then my right front tooth got rejected by my body. So the dentist had to pull it. I was 100% NOT okay with not having a front tooth, so the dentist originally made my something called a Maryland Bridge, which is a tooth that glues to the teeth next to it. It is fully functional as long as you are careful not to bite and pull with it too much. I had that for 4 years I think, and then it came unglued and I lost it swimming in the river. So right now I have something that looks like a retainer with a fake tooth on the front. No wires- in fact you can't even tell I am wearing something like that unless I take it out and show people.

If your daughter is feeling uncomfortable with missing the tooth I would strongly suggest getting her one of those solutions or even an implant. Speaking from experience, having a missing tooth growing up is very hard and really can be damaging to the self esteem. You don't want to talk around people who don't "know" and you find yourself only smiling in ways to hide the lack of the tooth. It is embarassing and you would be surprised how many people judge a person who is lacking a tooth. It's not right, but kids can be very judgemental.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  9:12:04 PM  Show Profile
Nope. I don't see me doing anything like that. NOt that I probably wouldn't look alot better, but nope.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  04:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Well Heather, I am on your side for this one!!! After my baby is born it will be my 4rth delivery in 4 years! I will have breastfed all of them. SO....the girls are definately getting a lift and I'll probably get some lipo while I'm going to be under! I also have some ugly vericose veins in my legs that will be going!
I am with Amie on the Lasik's. I would love to have that done as well, I just am petrified of somebody working on my eyes....while I am semi-awake! I have a friend who just had it done and she is thrilled!! We'll see!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  05:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Alee, that's funny that you lost your tooth swimming in the river. What a weird thing...were you catching fish with your teeth?

One of my glasses disasters came from swimming in a river. I lost two pairs in one incident: one to the waterfall, and the other to a thief on the bank.
Go to Top of Page

idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  06:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Lasik would be awesome- just because I have always worn glasses or contacts- and the procedure would pay for itself in two years cause I wouldn't be buying contacts or glasses! I go through the glasses because I am a welder, ( for my sculptures), and they are always getting scratched or pitted- I hate that.
As for anything else- I have seriously thought about tummy tuck boob lift- not enlarge- just don't want the "egg slid off the plate look", as on doc so politley put it! (I laughed at that)
But I wouldn't do it for a number of reasons- 1- it would hurt like heck and there are needles involved, 2- my husband loves me they way I am, 3- I would be sending a message to my daughters that their bodies aren't perfect just the way they are 4- I don't have the time-
so- there ya go (just my opinion!)

Mazy Day Farm
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  08:53:34 AM  Show Profile
I view dental procedures and eye care differently than cosmetic plastic surgery. Eyesight is pretty important and if you can have it improved with a laser and can afford it, why not? Dental care is just as important to keep the pearly whites in good working order to feed our bodies.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  09:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sanda- ROFL LMAO right now!!! Egg slid of the plate look!! OH MY GOSH!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Plastic Surgery??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page