Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Just wondering what your feelings are on this. I am honestly saving to have my ta ta's lifted in a few years. They point south and have never been perky. I don't want implants, I just want them lifted and reduced a bit. I am also considering a tummy tuck because the baby pouch is not moving.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:26:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Man alive this is such a fun question, isn't it?
I swore I would never have plastic surgery but I too am in the "want to have a boob lift" club. I was told that right now the only safe way to do that is through a proceedure that requires removing your nipples during the surgery! OUCH! I'm thinking that I'll wait until they perfect the "through the arpit" technique! LOL!
As far as other surgeries? I don't think so. I get so upset and dissapointed when I see all these beautiful 40's actresses that dramatically alter their looks (Meg Ryan)for fuller lips etc.
What a waste. Let's all go back to aging gracefully. OK, AFTER my boob lift!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

www.mylusciousjourney.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Removing my nipple??? Well, as long as they point forward instead of down, I don't care!!! : )

There is a "bra" surgery that seems quite promising. I have had big saggy boobies since I was 13. I swear they just grew too fast and no amount of exercise, bras or anything works. I just want my saggy stomach to just be flat again, not a six pack, just not squishy and wiggly when I walk. EEWWW!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have considered having the baby stomach tightened the th boobs lifted when I am done having kids. I don't want implants either- in fact smaller might be nice!

I hate having to wear bras that gouge if I want the "girls" to look decent.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:44:34 AM  Show Profile
This is a funny topic.

My best friend and I always said for our 45th birthday (we are a month apart) both going to Hawaii and geting our boobs and tummies done together. . . but who can afford it? And all that pain, on vacation?!

Luckily I have a fantastic spouse who has loved me at my heaviest and aged with me. We don't dye our hair and we are always working to be healthier. We love to bathe together and relax being naked (with the lights or candles on). Heck he (and half our county) saw me feed our babies, boobs out everywhere for YEARS. My saggy boobs symbolize a lot of successful work I have done as a momma. I guess that is what really counts. . .what you can live with.

I read that Facebook won't post pictures of mothers nursing because it is considered "obsene" and they were asking mommas to flood the website with pictures. There is a huge "right to breastfeed in public" movement here because woman feel so much presure to bottle feed, keeping their boobs covered. Not me, heck I nursed in line at the grocery store or wherever. . . "you don't like it, don't look" was my policy but I was shocked how many people I upset. BUT that is a topic in itself. . .

I have memories of gardening topless and running around the Oregon Country fair with Daisies painted on my chest. But I am afraid those days are over, even with a new boob job. That is just a 20 something scene.

SO my two cents is to do your best to love em and be grateful you got em!

Heide

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:45:21 AM  Show Profile
You know I ALWAYS said I would never have something done to me. But lately I have been carrying 2 extra bags under my eyes, and I HATE those!! And also never wanted to have a b**b job. But since mine seem to disappear completely... ALWAYS have been small on top, the smallest bra is too big. But now they are almost gone.

But since the surgery is so expensive it will always be a "dream" I guess :(

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:50:21 AM  Show Profile
I'm in the group that thinks we should rejoice in what God gave us. It is natural to have saggy breasts as we age, or a small pooch in the tummy area. They are battle scars and I think hollywood makes it seem that if we don't have a perfect body we aren't "hot". I gave my husband three children and my body shows it but I am still hot to him. The parts of my body that aren't very flattering are covered up more anyway so who is gonna see it? While my tummy will never be flat since it was stretched out three times in five years I have noticed that it looks a lot better now that I am loosing a little weight and gaining more muscle.
I guess my view is plastic surgery is for those who truely need it...someone born with a disfigurement, breast reduction when the breasts are so large that it is a real strain on the back. Not just to fix natural aging. We need to age gracefully, not try to stay 20 forever! I'm not the type to harp on someone doing it and it is up to each person but you asked for our opinions!
-Elizabeth

Edited by - babysmama on Mar 25 2009 09:53:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:50:22 AM  Show Profile
If it weren't for my strong eyelashes, my eyes would appear closed. The bags on top are scary, but who can afford it and where do you find a decent doctor to do the work?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I definitely qualify for a reduction. Just might as well make them perky while they are down there..or up there??? : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  09:59:55 AM  Show Profile
I am in with the whole surgery thing five big babies and nursing all five for 18mths each has left me with too much flabby skin!! My youngest child will go to school next year and I am saving to get put back together.. I dont want anything added I just want things tightened up a bit. I hate my jelly tummy I know I have it because of five awesome children but really does it need to be so squishy?? YUCK!! just get rid of the extra and I will be singin the happy song!!
Heather

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  10:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Heather,

I have been doing alot of arm weights, butterflys and curls and since then have noticed my chest is firmer, tighter and where it should be :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:04:54 PM  Show Profile
I have two friends who had tummy tucks and one of them also had a boob lift. I never would of noticed the difference if they had not told me. My one friend lifted her top and said look, Ok they were perky. except for the ugly scar under them. Do your own thing but be careful. I am about 30 pounds over weight and I hope to lose it doing garden work. If I do good if I don't oh well.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:13:26 PM  Show Profile
LOL@ 'ta ta's' ! I've never called them that!
My husband won't pay a dime for the cat to go to the vet, but he'd hawk the house in order to pay for a boob job for me....
In the mean time, Victoria's Secret gives me the cleavage that the man needs to see.
If I had my choice, it'd be an eye lift. I have one eye that is screwed up anyway, but they are both showing their age.

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:17:46 PM  Show Profile
For those of us who can't afford it or don't want it, it really doesn't matter once you hit 50, by then you have learned to appreciate just being "you". You just seem to come "into" yourself. I have a cute poem I will post, some of you may have seen it already.

Ummm, correction, I will post it when I find it...

Edited by - Suzan on Mar 25 2009 12:23:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  12:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
ROFL I always said I would never have anything "fixed up", but I'm not so sure. I packed on a bunch of weight with having the kids and just plain not eating right. I don't believe in the gastric bypass surgery as the lazy way out. I know for some people it is medically necessary and they should have what they need to help them. But there are some that just don't want to take the time to diet and exercise. But once I lose the weight, what about all that loose skin? What if it doesn't snap back into place? Do I really want to hear the kids singin "Na-na-na-na na-na Bat Woman!"? Mmmm nope. If I had the money I would sign up and have it all snipped and tucked back up. LOL

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  1:16:26 PM  Show Profile
I still don't understand why women feel they need to do this...the reason always tend to be "it's for me", hmmm, well, I always think if we lived ina world where outer "beauty" wasn't so pounded into us even since we were still in the womb would yo still want to and why? We are supposed to age, aren't we? Let's take away all mirrors and preconcieved notions of what are are "supposed" to look like and what happens then? I am even more aware of this subject because my my had breast cancer and had to have one of her breasts removed. She had no choice. So to me it then seems like why do anything to yourself when you have your health and don't need to? I have a lumpy tummy and I'll be damned of I'm going to let anyone make me feel like I need to change it...it doesn't make me who I am. Ladies! Be proud and thankful; for your bodies! They've gotten you this far!
HUGS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  1:17:41 PM  Show Profile
that was supposed to be "my mom" had breast cancer
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  1:32:27 PM  Show Profile
I don't think so. I had to have my lower jaw broken and moved and wired shut for 12 weeks 30 years ago because the oral surgeon said I needed it. The insurance considered it cosmetic surgery and wouldn't pay. I am not that vain! I've always had a "poochy" tummy (I think it's genetic cause so did grandma, mom, aunt and daughter) and I've always had boobs that were small (unless pregnant) and looked like ski slopes. I did dye the hair, but now I've developed alopecia and eczema, so I've quit that. I now use a lot of sunscreen (and I was the sun tan queen as a teenager) and try to use organic skin care. I do wear eye makeup, but not much else other than maybe blush. I don't think I'll have anything done because it involves needles and I'm not into that. I would like to lose about 30 pounds, but hopefully Weight Watchers and getting out this summer will help.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  2:05:48 PM  Show Profile
Ugh - no way. Two words: Joan Rivers!

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  4:24:40 PM  Show Profile
I don't care if someone has surgery....if it's done right and not overdone. Some people make it an obsession. I sometimes toy with the idea of maybe having my 'wallow' chin done, and maybe an eye lift, but then I think...the heck with it. Sometimes it bothers me more than other times. I'll never say never. If I had the money to have something done, it would be to have some of my acne scars removed and skin smoothed a little. It's really not too bad, but in certain light, you can really see it. I'm in my 50's and have the lovely combination of breaking out with aging skin....ugh!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  4:34:01 PM  Show Profile
I think if I was a brave woman, I'd have a face lift and chin job. But after seeing a friend a few days after her face lift, no way. She scared the poop outta me. It was not perty. If I have to have the surgery on my thyroid, I might ask the doc to do the chin job while he's right there, though. Why not? Just do a little lypo while you're there, doc. I won't tell if you don't! I don't know why it couldn't be done at the same time.

But I guess I'll have to like what I have for now. Hopefully getting out in the garden will help lose a few pounds.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  10:12:18 PM  Show Profile
I would so have plastic surgery if I could afford it. I'd want to lose weight first then have the boobs lifted, tummy tuck, and have my eyes done. I know that when I lose weight I will have all this flabby skin left over - just take that away and I'd be happy!

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2009 :  10:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think each decision is great for each woman. In all reality- my fear of anesthesia and needles will probably keep me out of the OR unless I will die or be crippled without the operation. About the only "cosmetic" surgery I know I will be doing is getting an implant tooth to replace my front tooth that got knocked out when I was 8 in a bike wreck.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  06:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hmmmm.....I don't think the risks involved with vanity cosmetic surgery are worth it. Something else I think of is women complain about the way our country/culture thinks women should look. That will never change unless women refuse to buy into those perceptions. Besides, getting old should not be a bad thing.....it sure beats the alternative, lol. I just can't reconcile cosmetic surgery with organic living and the lifestyle that goes with it.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  08:25:40 AM  Show Profile
A friend of mine had to have re-constructive surgery due to a bad experience from Plastic Surgery. A friend of hers also died during her surgery.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  08:32:18 AM  Show Profile
I believe it's a personal choice just like everything else. I would not choose to have it...aging gracefully is part of accepting the progression of life as it was meant to be. Outside we're not as pretty as it once were but we shake off outward beauty and grow in wisdom and depth of soul from this metamorphosis---you "get real" with what's important and it's not how we look. The outside beauty can never "trump" the inside beauty of a person, no matter how much it costs or if Hollywood thinks it's cool.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Plastic Surgery??? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page