Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 beaded rooting bottle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic beaded rooting bottle Next Topic  

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I make these for fun every once in a while - just something pretty that holds your cuttings while they are rooting.

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:24:35 PM  Show Profile
that's cute and I can see different uses for it. how did you make it??

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  2:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I saw something beaded the old Victorian way once - basically you have half the number of beads needed to go around once - and you have to keep your thread tight else it won't work -then loop each new bead between two of each on that first row of 32 (as was in this bottle, pull tight, and keep going around. It takes a lot of time tho.
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  3:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow That is very pretty! Did it take alot of time?

I love the colors.....

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  4:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
About nine hours I guess - I usually use the little Indian seed beads but thought the larger ones would work ok here on this bottle.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  4:51:16 PM  Show Profile
cute idea!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  4:59:25 PM  Show Profile
So pretty! You did a great job.

I did something similar but on a much smaller scale....beaded votive candle holders. Actually, it was one holder....it took so long that I never made another one. They really do come out pretty. Thought about selling them when I first saw the "how to". But, way too much time for a little bit of money. They'd have to sell for $50 for the time! But, well worth it for yourself or as a gift to a like minded loved one.

Show more pics of other treasures you make!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  8:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Yes, they do take a lot of time for the money - I doubt anyone wants to pay $50 for these things. I thought I could use them as garden club raffle money raisers and stuff like that. I've made napkin rings by using a toilet paper roll - very pretty - and I can bead chair cushions and hemlines and all sorts of stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  9:41:09 PM  Show Profile
those would be fun to make to hang in my apple trees in the summer as vases when I have tea parties.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  1:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
This is what we hung in the trees for my DS and DIL's outdoor wedding reception. It was SO cool.....
Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic beaded rooting bottle Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page