Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 HELP!! Need really simple knit hat pattern.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic HELP!! Need really simple knit hat pattern. Next Topic  

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  10:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
making a hat for my husband.. Any easy hat patterns out there?? His head is 23" round

Thanks!!

"Breathe in the Sunshine"

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  6:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Jenn- I have a simple pattern on number 8 straight needles- no time to post it now but I will later. It uses worsted weight yarn and is FAB if you put a fleece lining in at the end- or not, whatever! I will get back to you;) Start by casting on 80 stitches and working k2 p2 for about 7 inches....the decreases I will add in a bit.
Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  7:23:43 PM  Show Profile
EEK- Sorry, cast on 84 stitches and k2p2 for about 7 to 8 inches, now to shape crown...Row 1 Right side k2 p2 to end, Row 2 wrong side k2p1 rep to end (if you see that you should be starting on a p instead of a knit then do that and carry on- this is a modified pattern and depending on how many you cast on you may end up starting with purls instead of knits- that is fine, it allturns out, Row 3 k1p1, Row 4 k1p1, Row 5 k1p1, Row 6 k1p1, Row 7 k2tog, Row 8 k2tog- keep going this way until you have between 8 and 10 stitches. Break off yarn with a 20 inch tail. Thread the yarn through a yarn needle and thread needle through live stitches, draw them tight and slide them off the needle. With RS facing you sew back seam invisibly from top to bottom, weave in ends.

Hopefully this helps- it is a modified pattern that I change as I go so...take it with a grain of salt- I never follow patterns so this method works for me. The original pattern is from the Stitch and [bleep] book- the Hot Head pattern- that pattern uses 10 1/2 needles, bulky yarn in four colors and is also very cool. Please feel free to email me with questions.
Hugs, Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  1:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much, it's looks great...

"Breathe in the Sunshine"
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  8:02:41 PM  Show Profile
This is from the hgtv Carol Duvall show. The pattern was on the hgtv website...you can search for knitting for children/Carol Duvall. I tried to post the website, but I'm not that co-ordinated this evening! Hope I'm not breaking any copyright laws! I have made this pattern many times. It is very easy. You will need more than 28 stitches (length) for an adult size hat.
Have fun,
Sharon
Knitted Hat
From a pattern for a knitted ball that a viewer sent to me in the 1970s, I knitted a hat using four-ply yarn and No. 10 needles. The dowel needles, although a size or two smaller, could also be used.

Steps:

Cast on 28 stitches.
Row 1: Knit all 28 stitches. Turn.
Row 2: Knit to within 8 sts. of the end (20 sts). Turn work and knit back to beginning of row. Turn.
Row 3: Knit to within 6 sts of the end (22 sts). Turn work and knit back to beginning of row. Turn.
Row 4: Knit to within 4 sts. of the end (24 sts). Turn work and knit back to beginning of row. Turn.
Continue in this manner until you are once again knitting all 28 sts. Repeat pattern ten times. Cast off leaving a long thread of yarn. Fold knitted piece in half and sew the two ends together to form the hat. Done!

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic HELP!! Need really simple knit hat pattern. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page