Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 How many farm girls out there are from upstate N.Y
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many farm girls out there are from upstate N.Y Next Topic  

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  05:25:40 AM  Show Profile
I was just wondering how many Mary Jane farm girls are from N.Y.State? I am from upstate N.Y. and know of two other M.J.girls are there more of you out there?

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  12:27:15 PM  Show Profile
I am from Waterford, NY just south of the Adirondacks,and north of Albany.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  2:21:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm in Avon, just south of Rochester.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  6:01:30 PM  Show Profile
I am!

Well, okay, I live in Ohio right now, but grew up in NY, parents live there still, hope to return someday! I grew up east of Rochester in Williamson (if you drive 104 you go through it--apple country), my parents now live in Canadice (Angie, we get off 390 at the Avon exit to get there) and up until 4 years ago we lived way up north in Champlain (north of Plattsburgh, just about where NY/VT/QC intersect). My one grandma lives in Corning (where my dad grew up) and my other grandma is in Sodus, by the Bay. My husband's from Hastings (north of Syracuse) and we LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE NY--too bad his job is in Ohio. We definitely plan to return! We're brainwashing our kiddos that NY is the best too. We love to go camping in the Adks, etc. . .Okay, well, there's my NY story! Ohio is fine, but it's not New York! :)
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  06:45:18 AM  Show Profile
I am in Rochester, if you count parts west of Albany when you say "upstate". Some of my friends from the Adirondack or Tug Hill regions think you have to be way up north to be "upstate". I love NY, and with all its problems these days, I have yet to find another region of the country that I'd rather move to.
Go to Top of Page

lupinelady99
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lisa
Massena New York
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  2:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Send lupinelady99 an ICQ Message  Click to see lupinelady99's MSN Messenger address
I'm from Northern New York. Way up on the St. Lawrence River and the Canadian border.

Here we call ourselves "Northern" as opposed to "Upstate" because people associate anything north of NYC to be Upstate, lol.

http://www.myspace.com/lupinelady99
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  6:59:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, I live in NJ now but grew up about 50 miles south of Albany around the Saratoga area. Do you know that part?
I love it up there but I love it here now, too! We have been here the better part of 19 yrs.
Still I consider NY home.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lupinelady99
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lisa
Massena New York
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  8:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Send lupinelady99 an ICQ Message  Click to see lupinelady99's MSN Messenger address
Actually I briefly lived in the Balston Spa area during the late 80s. It was really pretty around there.

http://www.myspace.com/lupinelady99
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many farm girls out there are from upstate N.Y Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page