Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  07:20:51 AM  Show Profile
I was moving things around this morning, please make me stop, and I thought I would take a picture of my Tasha books before I found a new place for them. Also took a longer shot of Grandma's desk for Melody, she has a similar desk part at her house that she keeps papers in.
Made an apple crisp this morning, Richard likes that. Me, I'm still on the Raspberry sherbet thing.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  07:29:49 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, don't you just love old things? I feel related to Tasha also, even though I don't have anyone from Vermont. Not sure I could trade in my blue jeans for a long dress. But love her style. Yours too, by the way.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  09:13:22 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, that is so strange. Just yesterday I was thinking I have to start looking for some Tasha Tudor books when rummaging this summer. I only have one that I have had for years.

Kindred spirits???

This is getting a little odd...first the desk and now Tasha

Melody
Farmgirl #525
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  7:13:02 PM  Show Profile
I have several Tasha books too! I have her Garden book, heirloom crafts (I was a little disappointed that it was a "WHAT SHE DOES" book, rather than a "How to DO it" book), Private World and her Dollhouse book. I found a copy of her Christmas book on Amazon.com, but BOY was it EXPENSIVE!!!!!! I've seen it on ebay as well, but it always goes for more than I am willing to pay. Someday soon that book WILL be mine!!! (LOL!)

I can spend HOURS looking through her books and dreaming, along with Miss Mary Jane's WONDERFUL books too, of course! At least with MJ's books, she tells you how to DO things!!! But I still love my Tasha books. Thanks for sharing Nancy Jo ~~~ Hugs ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

ponypower
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Lily
Caspar Ca
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2009 :  8:53:21 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE Tasha Tudor. I have many of her books too. All her "coffee table" books and a few guilty antique book purchases on e-bay. I also have her Take Joy and Take Peace videos. LOVE them. Such and inspiration. I often flip through the books and sigh with pleasure. She was amazing. I could go on and on of all the ways I love her! Glad I am not alone in that. : )
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  1:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Tasha Tudor......one of those really amazing women!
I just can't even imagine!!!!!!!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JustBeeingMJ
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Mary Jane
Port Orchard WA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  8:03:50 PM  Show Profile
One of the best gifts I ever received from my husband was a Tasha Tudor book with my name inscribed and a hand drawn picture of a little girl carrying a duck! I was over the moon and pleased that my husband was so thoughtful!
I have collected many of her books but still have a special place in my heart for the book about her gardens! I bring it out every winter and stare blissfully away for hours at a time!
She was a one-of-a-kind woman!
Mary Jane
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2009 :  05:56:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Nancy Jo! I have many of the same books as you (beyond the Tasha Tudor books, I mean). City of Light is a really good mystery type novel.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic TASHA TUDOR BOOKS, ETC. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page