Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  04:08:21 AM  Show Profile

Good you made the right choice for yourself.

I bet it was tough but good you feel better too

Amazing the difference you feel isn't it?

Sad to say I'm still a diet pepsi addict. I too am attracted to the fizz and caffiene.

If they made KOMBUCHA with ginsing or caffiene, I might forever step away from mainstream soda.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  9:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Well it's been a month now that I've been Coke and Pepsi free--I no longer have as many mood swings and that's a relief. I never thought of colas as causing changes in mood but apparently they do. come to think of it, I started having mood problems about the same time my soda consumption increased. I may talk to my doctor about it and see what he has to say--I'm sure there are studies showing how soft drinks affect the mood system, but the soda companies don't want people to know about them. I'm also eating better and have lost a few pounds. I've been walking everyday at work and at home and I don't get tired as easily as I used to. I really thought I 'd miss the caffeine but I don't. I've read how the body doesn't metabolize correctly the high fructose syrup that is used in most sodas, so I've been trying to avoid that as well.
Can't avoid everything that's bad for me (and not sure I want to) but giving up the soda has definately been a plus. Plus it's a lot easier on my budget. And with the money I've saved, I can buy more of the things that really matter--like seeds! LOL Can't wait to see what grows from my salad table--
Cindy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I threw away my coke... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page