Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Would Like Some Prayer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Would Like Some Prayer Next Topic  

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ya'll -- I just wanna stop in for a quick minute, and ask for some prayer for our family.

For the first time ever, Tom was involved in a trucking accident yesterday at mid day. Nobody, fortunately, was injured, or killed, but the container he was hauling, had frozen chicken inside of it..and it rolled over.

He'd thot, and checked the coupling at the 5th wheel, and everything seemed correct. He'd started to pull away, did some more checking, and at the rate of less than 15 m.p.h., he started to drive away. No more than 15 feet was all he got, and the load of frozen chicken shifted inside, causing the container to suddenly lurch over on it's side, causing some damage to the container.

There was no one nearby, so that was a blessing. But after the Port Police, the Driver Manager of the Company and somebody else (my brain isn't working right..)he'd gotten told by his boss, "I have no sympathy for you..", and proceeded to walk away.

Tom's driven for this company for 4 years, with only minor problems in that time. Other drivers have totaled trucks, containers, and other things. but haven't been fired. But for some reason, some of the other drivers and tom, all feel that he will loose his job on this. So -- with all that explaination, we could definetly use some prayer. It's Real Scary at our age, to not have any income, an' I still am feeling pretty shell-shocked from the news.

The Driver Manager/Boss is supposed to let us know tomorrow sometime..he wasn't saying when. That makes for some Rattled Nerves for yet another day. So, if ya'll would, please keep us in prayer.

Thanks so Much

Laurianne

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:17:07 PM  Show Profile
SO sorry dear. That's a hard one! Men can really rally up when supported by a wife that believes in him though-maybe God has something new/better in mind for your sweetie?

Dalyn

~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Muckboots 'N Aprons at Home Chapter
http://yakimafarmgirls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:38:30 PM  Show Profile
>> Thanx for the encouragement!! Dalyn -- I really need it!!

Tom seems to think that possibly he could work over at another truck company, where, ironically, a driver went who had crashed a number of things when he worked @ the Co. tom's currently driving for!

We just won't know till tomorrow, so..

Pleeze keep us in your prayers!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  8:27:54 PM  Show Profile
I am glad your hubby is ok. That is scary. At least he wasn't going fast. My hubby drives for Heartland. He's been on sick leave now for over 2 months. I hope he still has a job! It's a good company to work for. I will be praying for ya'll. It must be very scary not knowing what's going to happen. Was this his first accident? Surely that will speak for itself. There are not a lot of drivers out there that have not had an accident.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  05:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Laurianne,

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but so glad that your husband and others were not hurt. I know it must be hard on you all worrying about his job. I pray that he won't lose his job or if he does that something even better comes along. You all are in my prayers.

(((Hug)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  07:27:34 AM  Show Profile
>>Thank you Kris & Lainey -- yes, it is the first ever incident of it's kind for tom. The weird thing is, the Port, his company and anybody else concerned, don't consider this an accident..just an "incident" -- don' ask me, I'm just married to the guy...

Tom called his boss this morning, but the corporate people haven't told his boss anything yet..since tom hasn't done anything in all the years he's worked for this company, we are optimistic that, yes, his record should speak for itself. He sez another driver has had 7 (!!!)accidents in the time he's been with the company, but hasn't been fired yet. An' now it's up to corporate to decide if he will be fired or not..it's not about how good he's been a driver..it's all about the bottom line. Money means everything, the person nothing. If the cost for repairs is too "excessive" then tom will be out on the street looking for another job.

Gives ya a warm fuzzy feeling..
I'll let ya'll know what happens. We won't know anything till tomorrow morning, that's when the $$ will be known.

So much for bein' the good guy..

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  9:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Lauri! I am so sorry this happened to your Tom! I hope all works out! Sounds like his manager needs a good shake!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  07:30:33 AM  Show Profile
~~ ~~

Welll...the answer is first and foremost Praise God!! -- and then the other bit of news is that Tom still has his job!! He called his manager this morning, and the manager said that he wants tom to come in at his regular time on monday morning.

We got a call last night from one of tom's driver friends at the same company, and the friend said that all the drivers were just about up in arms at the way the company was handling the situation..i.e. -- putting money ahead of a driver. That's an understandable stand for a company, but the drivers were Really questioning why Tom was singled out for one incident. It looks like the manager had a change of heart, and went with what he knows about tom -- reliable, trustworthy, good instructor..so Being the Good Guy does work out!!

We also got word that the panel reviewing the record didn't even bother with toms driving record. They went completely on the financial end of the review. Cold and Heartless? Yes, but unfortanetly in this day & age, the bottom line is what most finance managers look at. I am more and more wondering about Them!!

Thank You All for your encouragement and prayers. It means the world to me..

I gotta go now 'cause I'm startin' to cry...

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  08:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh Laurianne, I'm so glad he didn't lose his job! I know that must relieve your mind some. It's sad that companies put money before people but so many of them do. You all are still in my prayers.

Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Would Like Some Prayer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page