Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Feeling a bit lonely
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Feeling a bit lonely Next Topic  

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  12:22:49 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so I just was wondering, being from Los Angeles and still living here amongst all the transplants that have come here to be in entertainment. Are people really that flaky and superficial everywhere else??? It used to not be as bad, to me Los Angeles was just a place to grow up, but now everyday people move here with delusions of making it big in hollywood and they are all soooo self-centered and rude! Only thing is that even many of my firends (Laura Marie NOT included) are so self-absorbed and forget about me! I realized everybody has got thier own lives but sometimes I just feel forgotten. A lot of the time if I've made plans with someone and they can't/don't want to do it they won't even give me a courtesy call, I just sit and wonder where they are! Whatever happened to the Golden Rule??!! So, please tell me there are nice people out there who give a hoot about others...I'm not sure how much longer I can take LA!!!!

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2903 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2903 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  12:42:24 PM  Show Profile
I say move to the midwest, we wouldn't do that here!
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  12:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Good to know Lisa, believe me, I'm thinking about it!!!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  12:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Valerie- yes, get out and come here!! We are Texas Friendly and as someone who has lived in 10 different states, including CA, I would say I love TEXAS best!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  1:24:19 PM  Show Profile
We're not too bad over here in the North East! Always room for one more (but you have to like snowy winters! )

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  1:25:22 PM  Show Profile
I've lived in CA my whole life, most of it in the Napa Valley~~and I can tell you, there are snobs everywhere! Even in the little po-dunk town I live in now. We travelled to OR and WA last year, and everyone was soooo nice, we seriously considered moving. I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. I am too.

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  1:47:31 PM  Show Profile
I too say move to the midwest :) Of course you'll have to like the change in seasons you don't get in CA.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  3:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
I live close to San Francisco, and people are kind of self absorbed. In Oakland, people are really standoffish. In fact, it was so weird for me to hop on this forum and have people just come out and say hello! Seriously.

I've heard Seattle's got the "Seattle freeze" where everyone's distant and it's hard to make friends. WHY are people like this? I miss my friendly folk from North Dakota... I spent summers there too and everyone was so nice.

Seattle freeze: http://electrolicious.com/2009/01/seattl

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  4:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, now that everyone else has 'fessed up...I HATED 99.99% of the CA I ran into.(and hate is a strong word) They were rude, self absorbed, totally all about them and I will run you over or knock into you and be totally rude kinda way. I was so sick of seeing the typical tan, botoxed and breast implants (not that those things are bad if you really want them or need them, just don't make it something I can't live up too) that was the standard out there and the fact the people along the water THINK they own the water kills me. And don't get me started about the driving... Ok...I am done...thank you... : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  4:24:00 PM  Show Profile
OUCH from a CA girl.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  5:27:19 PM  Show Profile
"Hollywood's not America"--and apparently neither is LA. I don't know who sings it but people here in the Midwest aren't afraid to eat real food, flaunt their chicken legs, wear shirts with cutsey-poo scenes on them. Oh, and we have above ground pools--and very few outdoor kitchens (so far). And I can always count on my neighbors if I need a cup of sugar or to bake and share desserts. It's changing though-even in some small towns, people keep to themselves. But I see very few botox babes and people aren't shallow or superficial, some are just kinda anti-social. But most native Midwesterners are laid-back and would give you the shirt off their back. I could never live in LA--palm trees seem so foreign to me. I like the prairie and the woods and the fields--and the constantly changing weather--there's a reason why they call this the heartland.
So if you ever get the chance, come and visit the Midwest
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  5:34:12 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Leslie- you are in my 1% that I like..trust me!! : )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  6:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Cindy, we actually had a palm tree arsonist around here for a while! Maybe he was from the midwest too. Haha

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  6:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Heather, today I'd have loved to be botoxed, tan and blonde with big boobs, lol! I also would have loved to run over a few people on the road. It's been that kind of day!!

From Leslie, who is not your typical CA girl in any way, shape or form, lol.

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  6:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Me too Leslie...me too!! (Ok, I have the big boosoms...but they are natural!!!) ; )

Heather

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  8:19:19 PM  Show Profile
A palm tree arsonist? Oh no, that would never do! I love all trees, even strange ones--it's just that palm trees are so hard to climb!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  8:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Valerie, rude people are EVERYWHERE even in podunk, even in Spokane Wa.Heck I am sure even in Paradise USA. Hollywood is such a Hollywood, place, if that makes sense. I was raised in California, down in the Valley , we just moved here (to washington) about 2 years ago. We have seen the good and bad of both places. Hang in there and remember you can only control you!! : )

Be sure to smile at the next rude person you see and just see if your sweetness doesnt catch on to them. Hang in there!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  9:08:25 PM  Show Profile
I was raised in LA and spent many years working in the television industry. The best advice I can give you is move. I'm not kidding. Back up the uhaul and get out. It was the best decision you will ever make. Yes, there are rude people everywhere. But not as rude as in LA.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  9:23:50 PM  Show Profile
Valerie,

I'm sorry that you have been hurt. Unfortunately rudeness is everywhere. I agree with Amanda and keep smiling.

You are in my prayers and remember you are always welcome in SW Colorado :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

Edited by - Calicogirl on Mar 13 2009 9:26:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  11:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh man you are all so great! This actually helped me to feel better! Thanks! Stephanie-I just went up to Seattle for the first time just after christmas and whoa! everyone was sooo weird and cold...now it makes sense!!! I did like Oregon quite a bit-especially Oregon City(the end of the oregon trail was awesome!), and I liked Eugene a lot too. Texas is sounding better and better, I have a good friend in Houston and I'll have to go visit him and do a bit of investigating in parts of Texas! Being here in LA is a love hate, I love it for the fact that I was born here, I know it and my family is mostly here, but I think the bad outweighs the good!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2903 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2903 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  07:37:28 AM  Show Profile
Valerie
You need to come to miss wilmas this fall. There you will see what REAL people are all about. The best of the best, with miss wilma leading the way.
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  7:02:42 PM  Show Profile
So Happy you found farmgirl connection. Sometimes I feel the same way and I don't even live in California. I have learned that I have to be my best friend and when I feel down on people I remind myself that the best way to feel better is to do something nice for someone else. Hang in there and be happy that you are who you are and that you know what is important in life. I grew up in a house full of turmoil and learned at about 3 years old that nature was my best friend. I'm sure it's a bit easier for me to get to a place where I am away from the rat race and can find peace in nature but maybe the ocean would make you feel better if you could get there once in a while. When I am in the forest or desert it doesn't take long for my cares to drop away. Keep checking in with the farmgirls because these girls seem to know what it's all about and they'll remind you that there are lots of nice people out there. Take Care!

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  10:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kristin! And again to all who commiserated and empathized with me! Being out in nature, at the beach, with my plants and trees sure helps remind me of who I am, what I am, and keeps me grounded!
HUGS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  11:52:47 AM  Show Profile
I think rudeness and superficial people are everywhere in every place. Every small town has the one family that is like that and in the city there are just more. It is lonely when you don't believe in that way of life but you are a better person in the end. Chat with your farmgirls when you need to an feel strength in knowing how many of us are out there.

Ingrid

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  3:27:22 PM  Show Profile
Move, Move, Move, I live in the Northwest and we don't do that either, although it has taken time for those around to talk to me, just because they really didn't know me for a long, logn tome....but, people still smile at you when you amke eye contact with them....

Farmgirl Sister #368

http://blogonthefarmandgarden.blogspot.com
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  06:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Valerie, sorry you're having to go through this. Yes, rudeness is everywhere though. Come to Kentucky! We're not fancy but there are some kind and friendly folk here. You are in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'

Edited by - Lainey on Mar 20 2009 07:00:53 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Feeling a bit lonely Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page