Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 We have taken the plunge...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic We have taken the plunge... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  1:41:35 PM  Show Profile
We are officially off the big rig now. It's been kind of hard to think that we don't have to 'go' somewhere but very nice to be able to stay home.

Just now are we able to unwind and relax. I hadn't realized how wound up we were. No wonder things were starting to go wrong with our bodies!!!

So, hubby has put in for some jobs and I've found some too. I moved my horse to a new barn with an indoor arena so I can ride while it rains. We are looking for a house with horse acreage. Not a big spot. The agents keep showing us big places...that's like a second job so holding out for the simple and easy.

Life is so simple right now and I'm loving it. I'm not sure where we'll end up but it won't be on a big rig, that's for sure!!

Kinda scary but I'm a big girl...things have a way of working out...(that's what I keep telling myself anyway!)...hehehe...

Winona

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  2:02:49 PM  Show Profile
When tom stopped drivin' over the road, it was really a change for us. I used to ride with him, but after a couple of years it just got to be too much for both of us. The 4 hours of sleep per night didn't do too much for our health, either.

Tom's now a "local" driver, but occasionally he'll drive out of state for an "important" run. Yes, I know the change Is Scary..but hang in there. Something pops up really fast, believe me. Enjoy your relaxation time while you can!!

Laurianne
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic We have taken the plunge... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page