Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 FUN FEBRUARY FARMGIRL FOOD GAME!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic FUN FEBRUARY FARMGIRL FOOD GAME! Next Topic
Page: of 2

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  11:32:35 AM  Show Profile
oh lordy! i do love games and prizes!!!!

i've conjured up this little game to turn all you farmgirls that have yet to try them ... onto maryjane's fabulous foods! and as a gentle reminder to those of us who do order .. to continue doing so!

here's the 'game-plan':

every farmgirl who is registered on the farmgirl connection .. and who posts at least ten messages during the month of february .. AND .. (here is the important part"):

when you order at least TWENTY dollars worth of maryjane's foods from her web-site .. during the month of FEB RUARY ... then let us know in this 'message thread' right here ... i'll put all your names in a basket and have a drawing .. and surprize one of you (early March) with a $20. gift certificate for another order of these oh so healthful and oh so delicious foods. when you let us know THAT you ordered .. also let us know WHAT you ordered! and we'd love any 'feedback' as to how you used what you ordered in a recipe .. or who you might have gifted some to. (for people who are really hard to 'buy for' .. you absolutely CANNOT go wrong with MaryJane's foods!!!! Oh Lordy! and don't forget all those other wonderfuls that you can't eat that are listed too! (that bake-over skillet) sure would be a nice gift .. and a-hem!!!! my birthday is JUNE 5th!!!! tell us which of the 'non-edibles' on her website YOU wouldl love to get as a gift too!!!!

I know you will get 'hooked' on these organic foods once you try them!!! And this is just one teeeeensy little way that i wish to thank maryjane for her books and magazines and outlook on life and adventures that she shares with us all.

i strongly recommend that all we farmgirls support each other .. and mostly .. that we support maryjane's farms!!

sooo.. go visit the website and make your 'wish list' .. and start ordering!!!

p.s. it's still January .. and i don't want you to WAIT until February to order .. sooooo .. we'll start the game right NOW .. all the way through February! For EVERY twenty dollars worth of yummies you order .. your name will go into the basket an extra time!

xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  2:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Do only food items count or anything from MJF site?
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  5:05:55 PM  Show Profile
What a fun idea..and I will be joining in soon!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  8:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Well, it doesn't take much to get me to order something from the farm. Today I got two magazines, two pumpkin seed food bars and some yummy bath salts all for $26! So, count me into the contest- I sure could use some more food bars- had I known how AMAZING they would be I would have bought the whole box......
Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  06:56:58 AM  Show Profile
bridge .. farmgirlfriend .. ANYTHING we order counts! what are your favorite things on MJ's website?
Rebekka .. got ya' in the basket ... AND .. oh my YESSSSS! i am going to have to start an organization called AA .. ATTITUDE ADDICTION ... LOVE those bars!
Jenny .. let us know what you order!!!

This will be fun .. cuz' someone will get 'double-value' for their $20. purchase .. .but .. oh my .. do order more, more, more!

remember ... your name goes into the basket for EVERY $20. purchase!!!

xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  08:09:21 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, Frannie.

Before seeing this post I ordered some mags and chillover powder. My purchase was around $65 without shipping.

Here's another question.... I ordered this in Jan. will it count towards Feb.?

FUN FUN FUN....You, Frannie are the queen of fun!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  09:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Frannie- Everything of course is my favorite from MJF!! Actually I haven't been able to order yet. But tommorrow is pay day, I was planning on putting in a order!! A splurge for me & my budget!!

Hugs,
Bridge
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Before seeing this post I ordered some mags and chillover powder. My purchase was around $65 without shipping.

Here's another question.... I ordered this in Jan. will it count towards Feb.?

SURE DOES GURLFREN ... (i'm easy .. and am NOT big on always followin' the roooools!!) ha! i made 'em .. guess i can change 'em!!! ... but JANUARY/FEBRUARY will be the two rder months. January 1 - February .. hmm .. is it 28 or 29 days this year???

i'll put your name in the basket THREE times for those three $20. value orders ..

any of you other farmgirls who have made orders from maryjane's farm website during january .. jus' let us know here on this 'thread' ... and it's fun to hear WHAT you buy!!!

xo, FUN-ny Frannie!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  3:37:00 PM  Show Profile
YIPEEE!!

Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2006 :  3:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Fun, fun! I ordered a magazine, chillover powder and my favorite peasant tomato soup in January (about a week ago?) that totaled $20.05! Looks like I just barely make it into this little food game, count me in!

Catherine in Minneapolis - two days overdue and patiently waiting for little baby boy to arrive...
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  3:01:03 PM  Show Profile
well .. i'm not gonna' be tooooo strict about EXACTLY $20 either! i will love hearing about all the yummies that everyone orders .. and farmgirlfriends .. let's all remember to help support our farmgirl that brought us all together!!! AND .. you are, at the same time, doing yourself a wonderful favor! xo

Catherine .. i have heard other girls say they love the peasant tomato soup .. i haven't tried it yet ... but will add it to my list. what, other than 'jell-o' type dishes have you used the chillover for?

be sure and let us know soon's that little girl arrives! blessings to your little angel and you! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  9:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Last night I ordered (online) more of MY favorite the black bean and corn chowder, and some new things I havn't tried before...potato soup, falafel and corn salsa..came to just over $20. I get in a rut..needed to try some new things..but boy that black bean and corn chowder is wonderful!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  10:36:06 AM  Show Profile
WOWZER jenny .. you've whet my appetite for some black bean and corn chowder! soon's i unpack that car full of OHIO goodies .. and put stuff 'somewhat' away .. i'm gonna' go make another order.

keep 'em comin' gurlfren .. we have a month and a week left for this fun game! remember .. all you have to do is order about $20. worth of products from maryjane's farm .. and post here on the forum what you got .. and your name goes into a basket for a drawing for a $20. gift certificate for maryjane products. you get your name in the basket every time your order $20. worth ... be sure and get her back-order MAGAZINES and hurry on over to the magazine reading club thread .. cuz' .. this week .. we're gonna' start discussing another one! am going to try and take a picture of the apron/cookbook/dolly that are already in the 'prize' basket and post it sometime this week! xo, frannie

oh .. gettin' ready to draw up that dolly pattern too! so .. let e-mail me if you haven't already and let me know you wanna' be in on this fun on-line dolly-making class!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  4:39:53 PM  Show Profile
count me in, Im ordering tom. AFTER I get to the bank. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  1:35:20 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered all the back issues that I didn't have and some chill over powder so that was $68 ish dollars!!!

Don't cha forget to put my name in the bucket!!
I want to try some of the other yummies soon also!!

I can't wait to get the magazines!!! I'm so excited!!

Has anyone tried the Dansko shoes? They are just adorable!!
I may have to save up for some of those......But which?? I love em' all!!
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  2:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, Been wanting to order some goodies from MJ but didn't know where to start. Sooooo...I ordered the food sampler pack. Great for those of us who don't know where to begin. I also ordered the corn salsa, it just sounds great for those last minute get togethers. Finally, I ordered garlic and garlic seed but I'm not sure if the timing is right on that part of the order. (MJ and GarlicLady has inspired me to plant some garlic!) $60.00 ordered. Bridge, I've been eyeing those Dansko shoes too. Maybe some farmgirls will give us some feedback. I've always been unsure about buying shoes I can't walk around in and try on first. I adopted the slogan "comfort before beauty" when I hit 40...applies to all things, not just shoes. This is fun, Frannie, thanks.

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  2:48:01 PM  Show Profile
miz bridgett .. put ya' in 'the basket' .. 4 times! i've worn dansko's before .. sooooooo comfy! i really like 'think' shoes too! you are gonna' LOVE your mags!!!!

got three rebekah's in the basket!!!

i usually plant garlic .. but might have to try some other varieties this year!

ummm ... i just gobbled down another Attitude Bar ... i keep them handy in several spots (one being by the computer!)

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  5:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, Frannie.....................
I do believe you are addicted to those attitude bars!!

You may need to take up ABA (attitude bars anonymous)

I can't wait to try em' but yougot me scared of the addiction!!! Just funnin
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  11:06:16 PM  Show Profile
ha! i've already started an ABA group! i've managed to get both my husband and son-in-love (law) addicted to the Energy Bars too!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Once upon a Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Ivy
Bartlett TN
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  5:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Okay, it is like Christmas here! I got my order from MJFarm today! I ordered all the back issues of the magazine, plus chillover powder, falafel mix, and 2 attitude bars. I already ate one of the bars and I have been eyeing the second one. I definitely have to order more bars! I am afraid to even peek at the magazines because I know I won't be able to put them down once I start reading.

Ivy
P.S. Can you be addicted after only 1 attitude bar?
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  7:02:12 PM  Show Profile
These pumpkin attitude bars are the best- I finally ate the second one after just looking at it for days thinking- if I eat it I won't have it.
Sign me up for ABA- cause I am creating a new line item in the budget for those bars- you are laughing and yet there it is in the feb budget $30 farm food, totally seperate from all other food items lest it be forgotten...I am a Mama on the run now watching two little boys twice a week and chasing Isabella and the past few days I have run out the door without eating- so I am keeping a box in the car! Better that than a nasty cliff bar.
See you at the meetin', Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  7:21:45 PM  Show Profile
oh ivy!!!!!!! soooooooo happy you got the magazines .. now start posting lots of posties for our fun magazine club game (under reading room) .. and i guess this addiction is a good one!!!!

great idea rebekka ... keep those attitude bars stashed at home, in the office, in the car and anywhere else you might find yourself needing a little nibble!

i can't decide which is my most favorite .. everytime i eat one .. i say THIS is my favorite!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

bluemoon
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Rose
Warrington PA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  5:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie, Placed my mj order yesterday..ordered 2 each of almond, macadamia, peanut & pumkin energy bars.black bean hummus,falafel, dill sauce,garlic pesto fry bread,focacciaa bread,blueberry blondie..Spent $69.05 not counting shipping
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  5:24:36 PM  Show Profile
Cabincreek - have you met MJF yet or spoken to her? Seems like that may be the next logical step for you.....you certainly are her greatest cheerleader nowadays!!!

I love her things and order for presents and for myself. All of it is great! And the customer service cannot be beat.

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  5:40:25 PM  Show Profile
o.k. gurlfrenz .. i've got you down for your purchases. haven't met maryjane in person .. but have spoken via e-mail. am aiming to head for idaho sometime this year since we have friends who have lived in moscow for many, many years. we've been there to visit them over the years and for white-water rafting. it's easy to talk honey-hunk into going to visit his olde 'rugby buddies' who live there and to get in some rafting down the salmon river! and honey hunk used to go there often because he represented native americans and their environmental rights in ceour d'Alene, Idaho. we actually had moscow, idaho on our list of places to retire to .. but it was just toooooooo far from our grand-chilluns for me.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

HollyDee
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Holly
Coburg Oregon
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  7:23:19 PM  Show Profile
O.k the first time I put this in the wrong area. I ordered the Ingrid shoes and I love them so much I could sleep in them. Worth the splurge. I ordered the cous cous. Put tomatoes and cucumbers in this and it is dynamite. I also ordered the garlic starts for later planting. I also ordered the chilover powder so I should be good for entering the drawning. What fun.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic FUN FEBRUARY FARMGIRL FOOD GAME! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page