Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Does this even sound legal????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does this even sound legal???? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  12:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Wilma - No, I haven't gotten anything from you. I just emailed you.

Here's my latest Visa experience: I got a letter from them that said I hadn't paid the bill last month. The one I called and got the amount and they subtracted off one of the two late payments they slapped on and gave me the mailing address b/c I didn't get a bill. So the guy(Joey - I write all this down now) said the letter was a mistake and I should disregard it. So I asked why I STILL haven't gotten a bill again this month and he started dancing around and telling me what the bill looked like, like I didn't read all the mail, but just randomly tear stuff up. And then tried to blame it on the post office. I've lived in the same house and had the same mailman for 20 something years and the post office is a block from my house and people work there so long they retire from there. When he ran out of excuses, in the middle of the conversation, he said the following stunning thing to me: "I'm going to remove the finance charge from your bill for last month, and this will bring the minimun payment down to 53.00" WHAT????? I asked for nothing, but for them to for pete's sake start sending me bills again. What does this mean? Are they just trying to get more late payments from people and not sending bills? This remembering to call every month and spending time on the phone trying to reach a person(a friend who worked at the phone company told me to just push 'O' multiple times when they get to that option and someone did pick up.) is getting really old. I think, next month, I'm going to ask for a reduction in my interest fee that I'm paying.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  3:00:55 PM  Show Profile
I had a phone tree call the other day "please hold, we have an important call for you". Usually I just hang up, but decided to see who was being stupid now. A collection call, wanting $33 something that I supposedly owe to Crafters Choice...and I know I don't owe them a cent. I kept asking questions and found out this was from 2004. Five years and this is the first time I've been contacted...don't think so. I told the woman I needed to contact Crafters Choice and she said they would not have any records because they've sold the account to her employer. Sounds like a scheme to get my credit card or checking account numbers. Bet I don't hear from them again.
Always someone scamming to take an honest person's hard earned money.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  3:16:55 PM  Show Profile
I just got Charter Cable and believe me their "service" leaves a lot to be desired. Before I had even been connected a month, they threatened me with disconnection because I had not paid my bill. The bill wasn't due for another 10 days. Then I got another one and it said that if I didn't pay immediately that I would be disconnected. To both of these bills I immediately sent a letter to their address.

To get connected, I had to call St. Louis, MO. The bill is payable to Phoenix, AZ. Then I got the threatening phone bill from Dallas, TX. I had also made a phone call somewhere in the middle of all this and the phone call was answered by a heavily accented person (could hardly understand) in Mexico City. I do not believe any of these computers are connected. I now take my bill to their local office and get a receipt. Was so upset that I almost cancelled my subscription. Since I had BUNDLED all three, the internet, TV, and love the telephone with unlimited long distance calling, I am still hesitant.

Has anyone had this experience?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  09:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Girls who are getting late statements: Many credit companies now allow you to review your statements online, you can mark the regular payment date on your calendar and pay the bill online too. I've done this for years and feel pretty confident it is secure (I keep my anti-virus and spyware software up to date)

Girls with problems with cable companies: I had been with my local cable internet provider for 7 years but when I got married and moved into my husband's house, I wanted to continue the same company. They said since he owned the property, the cable would have to be in his name, but they refused to open an account under his name because someone else with the same name owed them money across the state. (It wasn't my husband, he has lived in the same place for 17 years) They said he would have to come in to their office and show his driver's license and prove that he was not the other person. This was not convenient, so I fooled them! I signed up for cable internet through another service where the local cable company was the subcontractor (third party provider). Guess what? The other company had NO PROBLEM signing me up (I had had a dialup account with them previously), and the local company had to install it anyway... HA HA joke was on them.

Girls with problems with bill collections on OLD bills - check the FTC web site on identity theft, there are some legal requirements the bill collectors have to follow. If they break the law you can report them, most are pretty scrupulous about following the letter of the law.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does this even sound legal???? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page