Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I tackled Elinore Burns!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I tackled Elinore Burns!!!! Next Topic  

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  5:09:35 PM  Show Profile
No, I didn't really, but you wouldn't have opened this to read otherwise....here's the story......

Last year I went to the National Quilter's Association's annual gathering and quilt show in Columbus, Ohio. My friends and I had just sat down in a little eatery for lunch and low-and-behold, here comes Eliore Burns and stops at the condiment counter. I said to my friends, "OMG IT'S ELINORE"...I dug through my bag for a pen like a madwoman and ran over to her nearly tackling her to get her autograph.....I was speechless. And if you knew me you'd know that's darn near impossible. She was at the gathering teaching people how to use long-arm sewing machines....I just love Elinore Burns! Are any of you familiar with her name and what she does?

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2009 :  5:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Good for you I love her Quilt books and got a chance to meet her in Alaska about 20 years ago.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  7:42:39 PM  Show Profile
I just love her books and how she makes her quilts and how she throws fabric over her shoulder when she doesn't need it. congrats on meeting her!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  9:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I think she is fantastic. She really has a knack for taking quiltmaking directions and turning them into something understandable. I got to go to her store in San Diego last fall and got to see her set she uses for her show....I have several of her books.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  12:06:15 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I thought we had a farmgirl playing football for a second, lol So happy for you, you must have been beside yourself!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  07:35:36 AM  Show Profile
She has a home here in my town. I have seen her around, but never had the desire to tackle her! Seems like a very nice lady. Maybe I'll tackle a quilt some day...
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  08:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Debbie,
When is the quilt show in Columbus? My sister and I will go and maybe we could meet for coffee
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  08:18:01 AM  Show Profile
I have been a fan of Eleanor Burns for years and years, especially when she taught how to create a half square triangle. That was the best and easiest thing. I have since gone on to learn lots of her tricks of the trade. Her mind must be constantly going. Yes, I would say I am a fan of hers.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I tackled Elinore Burns!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page