Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I can't believe it! Bad Bad Neighborhood!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I can't believe it! Bad Bad Neighborhood! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So Doug and I heard this banging sound, so I went to our laundry room that looks out on a rental that is in our current backyard (We are already moving so as you read the rest of this story that is one good thing).

There was a 20 something gal holding a chair yelling at the other house saying lots of bad things mainly demanding that our neighbor come out to face her. She then started threatening to break the window. I didn't want to interfere with an unknown crazy lady holding a chair that could be used as a weapon. I was hoping the situation would difuse itself.

So then she actually breaks the window and the guy comes running out and tackles her and starts to choke her! So Doug who had followed me (this all took place in about 30 seconds) ran out there to break it up.

So I call 911 and while we wait for the police to come the gal tries to slit her wrists with broken glass, the guy hits her, and there is basically a lot of yelling and drama.

Now to top this off- I am floored because the Police do not speak to either Doug or I and no one goes to jail! That doesn't make any sense to me!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:37:12 PM  Show Profile
holy cow- I'm glad you are getting out of there- can't happen soon enough for me- that is too scary.
Please stay safe!
Lori

Have a Country Day
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:47:04 PM  Show Profile
The sad part is they don't have room in jail for stupid people. They put drud addict's in jail and they should go right into rehab, same with drunk drivers. There are more addicts in jail not getting the help they need. This person you saw should go into a psych.center for at least a night, or a holding center. They do need to place more people behind the walls of hospitals to get the help they need and place the fighting, murderers of the world behind bars.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  1:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Alee are you sure you arent in Spokane? ; )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2890 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2890 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  1:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Alee
Thank God you are getting out of there!
Was there a "Jerry Springer" or "Cops" film crew anywhere near???
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  1:46:02 PM  Show Profile
I am very glad you are leaving there too! How scary, anything could have happened. Glad you and Doug are safe.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

Edited by - Calicogirl on Mar 06 2009 1:46:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  1:46:17 PM  Show Profile
OOOOhhhhh, not good...hope there are no children involved in that affair!
If so, someone should make a report to Children's Protective Services..at least for the record.
(I was a advocate for years for abused and neglected kids so I feel very strongly about this.)

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  1:47:28 PM  Show Profile
some neighbors can be a nightmare! i know, i live two houses down from an evil nutcase who is the most rotton person.....in fact i still have a hard time believing how evil she is!! i'll make this short......our cat was being attacked by three dogs in our backyard, actually tearing at him with their teeth....i yelled for dick to get the gun as i was running out of the house to save my cat. i was kicking at them and hitting them to get them to release sammy from their teeth. when they dropped my cat i got down to protect him because he couldn't move and all i saw were those vicious teeth coming at ME! dick finally shot one dog (with birdshot, we didn't want to kill an animal, and with that he didn't---however, believe me when i say there was no choice) the dogs kept re-grouping and coming back. dick continued to hit them with the gun (he'd only brought one bullet) and chasing them off our property. when he got to the end of our property, (but was still well on our property) the neighbors had some kids party going on. anyway he stopped and yelled for them to keep their dogs off our property because they almost killed our cat! anyway, the evil woman, who is a professional photographer, took pictures of dick.....then she actually FAKED the picture and put him on the front lawn of the other house and lied to a judge....had dick put in jail for two days cause she claimed "victims rights" and that it was inconvenient for her to go to jail to have the warrant read in front of her. we have legal fees coming out the you know what!! the cops finally dismissed the case, told us that she lied to them, and also agreed that the pictures are fake! we still aren't completely done with this crap though..... what i can't get over is just how evil people can be and that they have the nerve to just do this kind of thing like it's nothing. i have to say, i don't know how many of you are still able to have faith in "love thy neighbor"....cause i'm sure having a hard time with that one.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  3:23:43 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Alee.....that is Very Scary! It's good that you'll be moving! Maybe it's my imagination, but I think that people are getting crazier...and more violent. It's a frightening world out there! Even the littlest of things can set some people off big time. You really have to be careful. Sue, that's a terrible story about your neighbor...you never know who you'll be living to next door. Sometimes it's really hard to, like you say, 'love your neighbor'. I'm glad that your cat is all right, but sorry of the hassle you went through.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on Mar 06 2009 3:33:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  3:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I still floored that nothing was done! It's amazing that people can be that horrible to each other and both break laws and neither get punished for it. It's like saying "It's okay to break the law because someone broke the law first" Isn't that something that first graders say? "But he did it first...." Sheesh!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  4:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda- I know! Like seriously this area is a lot like your Brother in Law's area.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  4:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Alee,

Doesn't your heart just THUMP right out of your chest? I hate violence and am very nonconfrontational, but....I have called 911 so many times here. We live on what must be a very weirdo magnet of a corner. The police here are known as the "keystone" cops.

It must have been scary. I am sooooo glad your husband was there!

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  7:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! If Doug hadn't been there I don't know what I would have done!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  7:55:49 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure glad you're getting out of there. You just never know, do you?
Please stay safe.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  8:15:13 PM  Show Profile
If it's a domestic case and neither party wishes to press charges there isn't really anything that can be done!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  10:08:51 PM  Show Profile
It just goes to show that no matte where you go there is always drama. I have had some of the craziest neighbors in the world. And their craziness always leads back to drugs and alchol. I have a neighbor who I am about 99.9% sure is a prositute, in fact she has written a book about it, and we called the cops on her because she came home drunk and started yelling, the worst possible things, at her neighbor who is a 75 year old grandma and a good friend of ours. The cops couldn't do anything until she got in her car and drove off. They got her for drunk driving. She calls the land lord and says the most awful things to her at 2 am. The land lord does nothing about it. The crazy lady calls the land lord the next morning wanting to know why the cops where at the nightbors(the grandma's) and swore she wasn't in jail. Well thanks to the internet we found that she was booked and that she has a court date for a DUI...
We can't move because prices around here are so high, I can't leave my job because it is secure, we are safe for the most part but it is hard. The State (California) has no money to take care of these people.
Alee, I'm glad that you are your family are safe. Thankful you are able to get out and have a safe place. That is good. But it just goes to show that crazies are everywhere.

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  05:59:09 AM  Show Profile
I have moved a few times in my life and each time I have found a crazy neighbor. My step daughter was leaving for work one morning at 5:30a.m. only to have the police helicopter shine a light on her in our driveway and put over the loud speaker stay where you are. A police officer ran up behind her and radioed that it was not the person they were looking for. She came back in the house shaking and crying. I walked her to her car for a week. Last summer my very quite neighbor shot his gun twice at 2 in the morning, and when we first moved here we were told on the street behind us someone got arrested for killing his girlfriend and putting her body parts in the trash. We thought we lived in a safe neighborhood. Its so scary. Thank God I do have a few wonderful neighbors who make living here enjoyable. But I would be happier living in the country, where when you visit your neighbors you do it on horseback.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  09:07:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, I am so glad you are moving out of there!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  09:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Alee
I am so glad you are moving
We live in the city right now ; in a very bad place
When we moved here it was a really nice place.
we now have drive-by shootings , drug dealers
hookers you name it
Soon we will be moving back to the country. I can't wait.
I am happy for you moving too.hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  10:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I have a lot of stress right now about the move and all- so I will be sooo glad when we are out of here!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  09:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Wow, you're in Billings? I used to spend summers there like 25 years ago, and I don't remember it having any drama like that!

Stephanie, Farmgirl Sister #513!

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yup, We live in Billings. It is an overall great city with a little-town heart. But unfortunately drama can erupt anywhere and we happened to find ourselves in the middle of it.

And even worse- It is snowing and road condition is horrible so I am not sure how much moving I am going to get done today!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:28:08 AM  Show Profile
all the more reason I keep telling my hubby that he isn't building the bubble over our farm fast enough. When the bubble is done, we're entering and not coming out. Our youngest son wants to know if we'll put in a doggy door....nope son, either you're in or you're out! Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Debbie, I live in Oakland and I TOTALLY feel like that. Some poor guy was just shot a block from our house a few weeks ago - walking to his truck after finishing a drywalling job! I feel terrible for his poor family.

Yes. Bubble. Soon.

Stephanie, Farmgirl Sister #513!

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  2:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Here Here!

Just let me have my horse inside the bubble and I will sign up. It terrifies me to have a young child. It really does. I remember growing up riding my bike all over town, playing in the park until dark, and not worrying. We had the "What to do if a stranger talks to you" talks and things, and my parents always knew when I should be back and who I was going to be with. And that was only about 20 years ago! I do not know how I will feel about it when it is time for Nora to learn a bit of independence.

I just got back from my new place. I love it. It's got a few kooky things about it, but I think that gives it character. It is going to be fun!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  2:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Tell us about the kooky things!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I can't believe it! Bad Bad Neighborhood! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page