Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 April/May Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic April/May Issue Next Topic
Page: of 3

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  08:48:11 AM  Show Profile
Sandra - Hallmark is another one that died and I just bought Mom and myself a subscription in December. I suppose they will keep the money as I've not heard anything but it's easy to fall between the cracks so hope, still, springs eternal.
I agree on the MJF magazine for all the reasons you mentioned plus there aren't snarkey remarks about people who hunt. We live in an extremely rural area and hunting is a way of life for many rural poor as well as those who aren't poor but grew up hunting. I don't hunt but have no problems accepting the meat when it's offered.
My other reason is it's a, sometimes, pretty frosty world out there and I've downsized my life so I've surrounded myself with nice people. "Nice" seems to be outmoded, passe, unsophisticated but not around here. Nice rules around here!

Sandra

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  2:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone, haven't been on in awhile. After being let go from my job late last year I sort of took a bit of time away from everything :O( But have started getting back on my feet and really perked up when my issue of MJF came yesterday. My husband perused it first though while I was busy in the kitchen. I like that he was interested. He really liked the small camper idea as well. I am currently making my own cheese spread that is featured in this issue. Will post when it's finished to let you know how it turns out. I have to tell you though that a bit more sunshine here in the north country would make all the difference in the world. Spring needs to hurry up! lol Take care.

Lori
www.countryhandsandheart.etsy.com
www.farmgirlinthemaking.blogspot.com
Farmgirl at Heart #397
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  3:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Still haven't gotten mine... sigh!!

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  7:37:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh...yipes for the other magazines. I'm sure they have fans. I just so hope our MaryJane and her magazine fare well through these times. As you've noted, she really does "hit home" and I would think her ever important messages would be even more recognizably important especially now. Good thoughts of continued success to MaryJane's business in all its many wonderful, generous, refreshing ideas.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  09:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
I second that! I look forward to receiving that magazine more than any other mail I get, well except for family stuff. I agree that in times like this I would hope to see the subscription rate actually increase. I tried the homemade cheese spread recipe in the lastest issue and it's wonderful. I love cheese so the idea that I can make my own soft cheese spread and flavor to my liking is very appealing. Again, it's just another reason why I keep coming back. This was something I could make with readily available products and it's fresh, homemade and delicious. I can't wait to share this recipe. Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

Lori
www.countryhandsandheart.etsy.com
www.farmgirlinthemaking.blogspot.com
Farmgirl at Heart #397
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  09:10:32 AM  Show Profile
Sandra, I agree whole-heartedly!!!! I don't hunt and God forbid if anyone sees ME with a gun in my hand you better start running! LOL! But I respect those who do it for the meat and not the sport. It is healthier for you and considering we really can't trust the food supply in this country...if I could I would but at my age it would be hard to do it I know. I think you have to be raised with it...I couldn't even watch! LOL! But I do eat it and although I'm not a big meat eater I would be hard pressed to give it up.
As for "happy" people....I think I might have mentioned this before on a post but I have a girlfriend who just retired from 30 some years as a practicing psychologist and she told me if we knew how many angry, pain-filled people there were out there we would be afraid to step out our door in the morning.....sad but true. I have VERY few friends and not really any close ones that I could truly "open up" to so I call myself "The Happy Hermit" and you know I AM! Society tells us we need to surround ourself with people and "join in " and be a "team player" and I have done that most of my life and now that I am retired so-to-speak I have never been happier! The husband left, the kids left, the animals died off and I got sick and the career is gone now but I moved away from "it all" and stay to myself and I have gotten much better health-wise and although I am poorer than I have ever been, I owe nothing to anyone and I am HAPPY!!!! I work hard every day, gardening, landscaping, decorating, reading and researching and making do and being as self-sufficient as possible and what a great feeling of purpose and joy I have each and every day. Do I get lonely....yes, at times....but I have you gals and lonely can be good...it makes you re-evaluate yourself, your life and your relationships instead of just living your life on auto-pilot which I did for so many years. So, now I am making up for lost time and when I do deal with people now I have a lot more to give, hopefully.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  12:15:06 AM  Show Profile
I just bought (still haven't gotten around to subscribing) the April/May issue of MJF and I've already started making my own salad table. It's such a down-to-Earth, wholesome magazine--full of info on how to live an organic life without all that new-age weirdness of some magazines (not that new age is all that bad; but I cringe when I hear people talk as if new age and organic are synonymous). I feel sad that the other Mary (Englebreit) magazine folded, as I love crafts, but MJF is full of ideas and projects to keep me busy(busy hands=quiet mind=no gossip). I love this particular issue because it focuses on "getting out" into the wilderness and we could all benefit from that. It's made me realize that
the life I was living wasn't really me; I'm still discovering my "inner farmgirl" and I'm not sure where she's taking me--but with MJF as my guide, it should be an interesting journey!
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  1:48:14 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been able to find the magazine yet. I haven't subscribed since I'm on the road so much with work. I love finding the magazine on a Sunday and curling up and forgetting work, the road, and hotel life for a while and daydream.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sandra, I don't hunt...yet...but there may coma a time when I am hunting. I've got the equipment just not that hungry...yet...smile. Guys around here are always giving us meat and I dearly love eating wild turkey. When we first moved to the farm, I'd slaughter and put up hogs but, as we age, we're cutting back on meat.
I figure the term 'team player' came from someone who wants to watch me work then collect all the credit. -smile-
I'm a happy person and find myself avoiding unhappy people; perhaps that's why my friends are few where we live. My one friend, just one year older than I, has Alzheimer's and is now in a nursing home; she was a fellow farmer farm girl and it's been real lonely since she's been gone.
I don't live on auto-pilot; I live like God intends for me to live...LARGE! -smile-

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  12:26:51 PM  Show Profile
I haven't got my MJ mag yet. Where is it???? MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  2:03:00 PM  Show Profile
I haven't gotten mine either. I bought a subscription in February. Could that be the problem?

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  2:17:34 PM  Show Profile
I noticed that when I got mine and after I picked it up and down a few times or had it under something else that later when I picked it up the label was curled a bit and got stuck on another paper. It could easily have been ripped off going through the post office. I like the fact that it is easily peeled off so the beautiful covers are not obscured by it but maybe the kind of adhesive they use needs to be stronger. Just a thought. Hope this made sense. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Is this issue of the magazine for sale on the connection?

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  8:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Still haven't gotten mine. I wonder if it's a problem with the post office?

--------------------

Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, when did you subscribe? It took me almost three issues before mine came on time...it's very disappointing I know. My poor fiance would look in the mail box for me before I came home just to warn me. IF this is your first issue in your subscription be patient... and it will come.
I'm still reading through my magazine. I like to savor every bit of it. I glance through it to get a feel of what is in it then I go back and read things a little at a time. Then I reread those fun helpful useful tips that I know I will use again. It's like Christmas in the mailbox...it's the little things that please me...
Farm Girl Hugs!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  08:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
This is my second issue... will it really take two more before I start getting them on time? Bummer! Ah well, they say patience is a virtue.

--------------------

Go to Top of Page

mimilou
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Mary Lou
Lancaster PA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  11:09:53 AM  Show Profile
is the April/May issue in the book stores yet?
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile
I've seen the new issue in the stores and I live in small town. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  4:21:28 PM  Show Profile
I found several issues at the Tractor Supply. YEA!!

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile
I got my issue last night when I got home. YAY! My first one! I have been reading every word and plan to read more tonight. Go to my peaceful place and have a good evening.

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  9:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
It's officially 12:36am, March 28 and I still haven't received my April/May issue:( I've been getting them regularly and just sent a check in to renew...just so I wouldn't ever miss one! I suppose I might have to make a trip to TSC tomorrow to see if they have any left!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  08:43:25 AM  Show Profile
I just picked mine up at the tractor supply, and its delightful!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  11:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, your not he only one I havent recieved mine either sure hopr it gets here soon!
Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  3:21:00 PM  Show Profile
I don't subscribe cause I can't wait! I'm checking Borders daily till they put them out!
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  6:22:45 PM  Show Profile
I typically find my issues at Whole Foods. I am going there on Tuesday so I will definitely have to look out for it! I really need to subscribe since it's cheaper!

Blessings!
~Farrah

www.oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic April/May Issue Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page