leenora
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

cindy
sevierville TN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2004 :  9:07:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! My name is Cindy and I am also a farmgirl at heart! Do they have a 12 step program for us? But wait! I want to stay a farmgirl!

In the past I referred to myself as an "earth mother". I think that earth mother and farm girl are interchangeable tho.

I have 3 daughters. The eldest is 26 and in the airforce. The middle one is 22 and a young mom, and the youngest is 18 and a senior in h.s.

I homeschooled all 3 girls and am in my last yr. with the youngest. As they grew up I made their clothes, baked my own bread, gardened, (my husband does most of the gardening now), grew my own herbs and dabbled in making my own herbal remedies, quilted, sewed for my home, knit, made my own soap. I've always loved doing things the old way.

I am a young grandmother (46) O.K. some of you young women, 46 IS young and after raising my girls find myself as the caregiver for my little granddaughter since her mom has to work. I am loving it and feel blessed to be young enough to keep up with her. After all, there are women my age who actually give birth.

I was first exposed to MJF at Wal_Mart. Saw the mag on the newstand and was curious. I have always been attracted to "alternative type mags" When my girls were growing up "Mothering" was my favorite magazine. My husband is in the food production business and reads a lot of trade type magazines. I asked him if he had ever heard of MJF and he said that yes indeed he had.

I haven't purchased any of the food products yet, but as a backpacker I am anxious to try it and plan to purchase some before our next trip out.

Oh yes, we live in the Smokies in TN in a house that will be 100 yrs. old in 2008. I love the idea that my home has stood the test of time and has weathered all the strife that has occured in the world since 1908. It makes seem like all the more of a haven from the world.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Welcome! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page