Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Smells good...What's in the oven?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Smells good...What's in the oven? Next Topic
Page: of 2

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  09:01:45 AM  Show Profile
having leftovers tonight.... clam chowder with homemade biscuits and cheesecake for dessert!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1680 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1680 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2009 :  5:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Making a King Ranch casserole and fresh steamed peas. for dessert is homemade pear pie.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  2:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Just pulled out a batch of chocolate chip banana muffins - YUM! Tomorrow will be bread baking day. I plan to make this weeks' bread and perhaps a batch of english muffins. My oldest son has been asking for english muffins for over a week - I better get them done or there will be mutiny! Lol!! (jk)

"So I threw my hands in the air. I was done with Wal-Mart and Wonderbread. I wanted something real."
-Excerpted from Jenna Woginrich's book, "Made from Scratch" a must-read!
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  3:07:48 PM  Show Profile
i really need to get on the ball trying to make english muffins... i've been wanting to try making them! thanks for reminding me sarah!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  3:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, homemade english muffins are delicious - a flavor that can't be beat w/ storebought - but they are much heavier than storebough (just so you know). I really like the "holey-ness" of Thomas english muffins and haven't yet been able to get that super-light texture with all the holes. Oh well - I refuse to buy what I can make! :o)

"So I threw my hands in the air. I was done with Wal-Mart and Wonderbread. I wanted something real."
-Excerpted from Jenna Woginrich's book, "Made from Scratch" a must-read!
Go to Top of Page

Pamela Joy
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Pamela
Hesperus CO
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  3:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Just baked my MaryJane's sour dough bread for the week and now have in a rhubarb coffee cake from a new recipe. Looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately not rhubarb from my garden. My rhubarb did not really happen this year.
This morning, my daughter and I made some homemade banana pudding freezer pops. We have been experimenting with lots of different pops.
Tonight for dinner: pasta with homemade, (homegrown basil) pesto cream sauce. And some garden beets on the side. We like them just plain after slicing, boiling and cooling. Tonight, maybe with sour cream (I have some left over from the coffee cake, and with all your talk of sour cream and cream cheese, I think we need the extra treat with our beets).
Sunday is usually a big baking/cooking day, so lots of dishes to do, between recipes.

Peace, Love, and Joy
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1680 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1680 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  5:58:20 PM  Show Profile
If you can make it do it. Thats what I do and my family is spoiled by it. Homemade is so much better.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  4:46:07 PM  Show Profile
spiced baked beets and in the crockpot, pork roast with cranberries, onions, and italian herbs (made it up since i couldn't match the recipe i had for something similar.... sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!)

- Guy Clark

- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  11:16:20 PM  Show Profile
Peach - Pear Crisp with 1/2 butter and 1/2 coconut oil and flaked coconut added to the regular recipe. Very yummy with a glass of cold milk.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & MRET ~ Energy Healing & Wellness Coaching Sessions

http://herbalmommasda.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  05:53:28 AM  Show Profile
I took MJF brownie mix and MJF Blonde brownie mix, combined and put in a 8x8 pan.
it is baking in the oven right now, the batter tasted great... I'm drooling already...
Karen
Ooh these are good! I almost burnt my mouth on it,but, wow tastes great!
"Purest Spring Water in the World"

Edited by - KarenP on Sep 06 2009 06:11:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  4:25:33 PM  Show Profile
kristine - your peach-pear crisp sounds delicious! i'm glad i'm not the only one that uses coconut oil.... i've discovered it makes the best waffles ever!

- Guy Clark

- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  4:36:48 PM  Show Profile
Coconut Oil is great for making Kettle Corn too!

We will be having homemade pizza tonight :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Smells good...What's in the oven? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page