Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Smells good...What's in the oven?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Smells good...What's in the oven? Next Topic
Page: of 2

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  2:52:06 PM  Show Profile
I figure since its raining outside, the "girls" are safe in their studio, Dh is watching Golf and Buster is napping.. It was a good time to make some Peanut Butter Cookies..So thats what is in my ovenright now...& they smell sooooooooooo good, I can't wait to bite into one witha tall glass of cold milk..Now What can be better than that?

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

LynnMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

612 Posts

Lynn
Staunton IL
USA
612 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  2:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Send LynnMarie a Yahoo! Message
Yummm. That sounds good. Earlier today, I baked quiche for me and Chex mix for my son.

Bringing the Past Back to Life
www.freewebs.com/decampsettlement

"You may never know what results come from your action. But, if you do nothing, there will be no results" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  3:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Choco chip here and beef roast and mashed for dinner

Yum
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  3:15:12 PM  Show Profile
I made an early dinner since I am getting ready to head out for work. It was apple brandy chicken with cranberry cornbread stuffing. It was oh so yummy!

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  3:25:10 PM  Show Profile
Cold and windy outside today. Got a big pot of ham and beans cooked. Cornbread and brown rice ready for supper as soon as I get off here.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  3:48:50 PM  Show Profile
I made a triple batch of oatmeal choc chip cookies sprinkled w/ mini reeces pieces
Made bread yesterday and had it w/ chili for dinner this evening.

Funny, a co-worker wanted to know why I bake so many cookies and freeze them.

Well, at my grandmother's house there were ALWAYS cookies to be had, any time of year, so I guess it's in the blood.

And in the summer when we want cookies it's usually too bloomin' hot to be standing over the over ...or just too nice to be cooped inside to begin with!.
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  3:56:56 PM  Show Profile
Grandma's are supposed to have cookies in their cookie jars at all time... It's the Grandma Rule... Isn't it? That's what my grandkids think... and they are usually not disappointed....:)

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  4:16:21 PM  Show Profile
Mmm, peanut butter cookies sound good! I made some dark chocolate brownies yesterday with razzmatazz and peppermint extract added. They are gone now though. hehe

We are having pork chops, sauteed mushrooms, and mac and cheese for supper.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  5:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Great minds think alike! I just made Choco Chip cookies. And picked up a take n bake pizza for dinner...LAZY!

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  4:43:01 PM  Show Profile
My husband loves it when I make choc. chip cookies but we never have any left to freeze. I will have to make a few batches to freeze. I can't wait to garden and then have homemade cookies and milk, yummy I think I'll check my ingredents tonight to see what I can bake,and it makes the house warm and smells great. We need that as it's about 5 out and DH just got a service call.
May all your days be Sunnydays.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  6:16:15 PM  Show Profile
No cookies here today -- but we have 'lake effect snow' and it's cold -- so made a roasted chicken and some wonderful roasted potatoes and carrots. Yum!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

campchic
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Erin
Nebraska
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  08:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Christina, could you please share your apple brandy chicken & cranberry stuffing recipe with us? It sounds fabulous!

Erin

Farmgirl #190
www.concrete-and-grace.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:12:28 AM  Show Profile
I figured this would be a fun topic to bring up again... it's always a treat to see what everyone is making! i'm making scalloped potatoes and beans in the crock pot. it's a new recipe, so i hope it turns out good!

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:38:59 AM  Show Profile
I baked a zucchini chocolate cake a couple of days ago. My grown kids can smell it miles away. Seems they all showed up for their share. Baked pizza last night. Baked a whole wheat banana bread in the bread machine yesterday. Today is my "day off". Made diveled eggs with boiled eggs already in the fridge, going to have some kind of sandwich with tomato for lunch. Supper tonight is beans and cornbread out of the freezer and potato cakes with leftover mashed potatoes.

Elizabeth, your scalloped potatoes and beans sounds good. Let us know how it turned out.

Belle
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:30:26 AM  Show Profile
I have been baking this morning; bread and bagels for the week.

Tonight's dinner will be:

Grilled Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
Chili Beans
Plums for dessert

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Jul 21 2009 10:36:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile
Belle - I was planning on beans and cornbread from the freezer for dinner tonight too!! How funny!

Sharon - I used to love it when my mom made bagels. She made the boiled kind and they were wonderful!

Last night I did a bunch of baking. Zucchini bread, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and molasses cookies. I was thinking to myself, I ought to start a thread called What's for Supper because I get really tired of trying to come up with something every night. Any one else feel that way?

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Edited by - chaddsgirl on Jul 21 2009 10:39:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  10:52:36 AM  Show Profile
Ha!! -- I fixed some cornbread on sunday night, to go along with some bbq chicken tom was fixing..plus some rice; tom bought some potato salad and macaroni salad too, while I ran into Cato & bought a couple blouses on sale. Got it all done before I went to church Sunday night.

No wonder I was tired yesterday!!

But I got no clue what to fix for dinner tonight..last night was the leftover chicken, that I chopped up, threw in a pan, and simired (sp) for awhile in Sweet & Sour sauce..slapped that on the leftover rice an' everybody was happy. Shwoo...
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  1:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I made a pasta bake! MmMmmmMMMmmm....

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:24:21 PM  Show Profile
mmmmmm! you gals are making me hungry!

Belle - that zucchini chocolate cake sounds delicious... maybe we should start a thread dedicated to zucchini... i have been looking through my cookbooks and finding some amazing recipes for zuccs for when they are ready to pick!

Sharon - your lime chicken tacos sound amazing! lime is such a great summer flavor, especially with chicken. i'm planning on making a tropical lime chicken at some point, when my peppers come up. you make a pineapple, green pepper, and whatever else to make a salsa, throw some lime in and bake it on top of chicken... sounds yummy!

the scalloped potatoes and beans came out pretty good... maybe not one of my faves, but definately a keeper!

so i'll be having leftovers of that tonight... but i think i may make a "great depression cake" later since i have some apples that are getting soft. i'll make a separate thread if anyone's interested in the recipe... i love it!

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1680 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1680 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:57:55 PM  Show Profile
This morning I bake up some banana nut bread. Made the house smell so good.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile
I baked some bread in my breadmaker! Tomorrow, hopefully, will be Zucchini bread or cake, if I can find some cream cheese. YUM!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  09:44:09 AM  Show Profile
i'm planning on making meatloaf and a new recipe, creamy mashed potatoes (you use cream cheese in them!). meatloaf just can't be beat as one of the old faithful, yummy recipes!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile
You girls are making my mouth water :)

Tonight's menu:

~Grilled T-Bones
~Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
~Tossed Green Salad

For dessert:

Green Chili & Apple Crisp (I know it sounds different but it's so good! I usually make it in cooler weather but my honey wanted it now!) Dollop with some good Vanilla ice cream. Yum!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  08:21:45 AM  Show Profile
sharon, your chili/apple crisp sounds absolutely interesting! you may have to post the recipe....
and wasabi mashed potatoes?! WOW! i think you are the queen of ingredient mixtures, as in new and improved! and i thought i was creating something crazy and new by putting cream cheese in my mashed potatoes.... ha ha!
by the way.... the cream cheese added a good flavor, but the texture turned out gummy... i wouldn't prefer it over regular mashed potatoes. but maybe if you put a dollop of cream cheese on top of your mashed 'taters instead of butter and let it melt a little? instead of mixing it into the entire mixture?

leftovers again tonight, but sometime within the next days i'll be trying to make tropical lime chicken...

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  09:01:44 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,

I have never tried cream cheese in mashed potatoes! That sounds awesome, if I had not already got my honey worked up for the wasabi mashed potatoes, I would have tried your recipe :) I wonder if sour cream instead of cream cheese would have made it less gummy. Or, did you you use regular or low-fat cream cheese? Sometimes low-fat or non-fat cheeses or butter substitutes can change texture.

I posted the recipe for the chili-apple crisp on my blog this morning. I'm afraid I don't have any pictures as it was demolished :)

We are just grilling chicken and having salad tonight :)

Hmmm, maybe some chocolate chip cookies for dessert!

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  11:01:28 AM  Show Profile
mmmm, i bet sour cream would be awesome when blended into mashed 'taters! throw some chives in.... like sour cream and onion potato chips! i used regular cream cheese.... it could have also been that i used whipping cream (i usually use milk).

thanks for posting the recipe on your blog! i'll go check it out....

- Guy Clark

- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Smells good...What's in the oven? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page